Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 21:41

Plan: WW
Stats: 155/151/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Wow the moods!

Hi everyone. Newbie here So it's day 3 for me for not smoking and my Lord are my moods in a tail spin. I feel like a fricken rollarcoaster. Doesn't help that my boyfriend smokes either but he's respecting my decision and steers clear of me when he wants one..for his life's sake

Been walking on my treadmill and eating right, trying to get my head away from lighting up and so far so good. Real test, this weekend. It's girls night on Friday and they might want to head to a bar or pub. Here where I live you can still smoke in bars. What am I going to do?!?!?! Can anyone suggest some ideas or maybe something that you do to keep yourself busy when stuck in these situations..thanks!!

Vanya
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 23:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/230/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 33%

Bellina.

I used this free online course to get my head on right and it worked - reading a little slow but good.

Day 3
Quit Smoking Support Program

=======================================
The magic of deep breathing!

To-day, I want you to go for a long walk in your
local park.

Now as you walk, I want you to open --- REALLY OPEN your lungs to the fresh AIR all around you.

Be fully AWARE of it. It’s freshness. It’s stillness. It’s presence.

Also, try to be aware of the special energy in the air. What the Chinese call, ‘Chi’

Now as you walk, go even further: Imagine you are using your WHOLE body to breath this pure, life-giving, life-renewing air into every cell of your body.

Imagine your eyes, your hair, your skin, even your bones are breathing this vital, sparkling energy into themselves.

Now realize this energy is R-E-N-E-W-I-N-G your eyes, your hair, your skin….it is healing you……rejuvenating you…..making you stronger, healthier, younger……..,

Now as you are doing this, CELEBRATE right now the HUGE DIFFERENCE you have just made to your life.

Two days ago, you were PUTTING a dirty, cancerous energy into your body that was, destroying you, K-I-L-L-I-N-G you, aging you!

NOW YOU HAVE MADE A FANTASTIC CHANGE.

Now, you are putting LIFE in to your body, NOT DEATH. This decision will totally change your life.

Now, continue to enjoy your walk,……..doing your whole body breathing. But now and again I want you to stop, and look at all the people around you.

And think, REALLY FOCUS on this great fact. Over 60 million people just like the people around you have successfully and easily given up smoking permanently.

Yes! 60 million ordinary people. We have ALL done it.

I want you to play with this great fact in your mind as you walk now because I want you to get the FEELING that this REALLY can be done.

Yes, it’s Day 3 and you will still have GREAT DOUBTS. That is absolutely normal.

But can’t you now, at least start to say to yourself: “Maybe, just maybe it really is POSSIBLE. I don’t REALLY need to smoke. Maybe….maybe….maybe….just like all these people….I can be JUST as happy without needing to smoke…..”

“60 million…..,,,,,,, 60 million…….. 60 million……… 60 million.

As you walk now, yes, don’t deny that your body still badly wants to smoke.

This desire you’ll have to smoke is normal.

EXPECT to have it every day.

But as you walk, REJOICE in the fact that everyday it will get less and less ….and soon it will be gone FOREVER.…. 60 million people have done it.

YOU CAN! YOU CAN! YOU CAN TOO!

Enjoy your walk.

Good luck!!!!

I have been quit for 3 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 16 seconds (108 days). I have saved $573.41 by not smoking 2,163 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 12 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/24/2005 4:40 PM
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 06:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5 feet 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 53%

I can't speak from experience since I haven't quit yet. (Will be quitting on Monday). I would probably tell the girls you've quit and the bars would not be a good place to go right now--go to a movie instead and come home right after. Why risk the temptations? Wait another week or two before setting your foot in those kinds of places. Or, you could tell them you're not feeling well, and with your mood swings like they are, you're really not. Good luck to you (and me!) Cajuda
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 08:53

Plan: WW
Stats: 155/151/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 16%
Smile Thanks

Thank you both for the wonderful advice. I think this afternoon I'll take a nice long walk in the park and think about 'things' in my life...thanks again and good luck with quitting Monday..I wish you all the best!