Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 21:12
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%
Smile I need a buddy... Need to lose 30 LBS. Anyone interested?

Hi! I'm an 18 year old female looking for a partner of similar age and weight loss goal (30 LBS). Serious people only! I haven't set a goal date yet until I find someone to buddy up with. Oh, and I'm doing the Atkin's diet. It would be cool if my buddy was too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 21:14

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

ok ... im willing to be your buddy in this challenge ive really got to do something i need to lose 30-40 lbs...... btw im 22 yrs old and im a female
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/240/150 Female 5'4
BF:41%
Progress: 0%

Hi
can I join your buddy team?
I have more to loose, but I don't as of yet have a buddie. My name is Kellie and I am also 22.
I live in Toronto, Canada.

ttyl
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 15:55
I will try...until.

Hi both of you. Sure, both of you can join me. This should be fun. We need to set a date to lose 30 LBS by. Hmmmm, any suggestions? I was thinking by Feb. 1st, but that may be difficult seeing as though the holdiay's are approuching.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 19:07

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

feb 1st may be pushing it....
.. HELP I NEED MOTIVATION B/C i have been cheating for the past month and ive gained 15 lbs back! OMG!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 08:53

Hi Guys
Well how about Feb 14?
Valentines day?
Luddy..... well the way I motivate myself, since I am a diehard romantic, I think of how y loosing the weoght, I can gain so much.
I love the idea of walking down the street and turning heads.... My sister is one of those really thin (naturally) who gets asked for her number all the time, when I am with her, I know that is what I want. As long as I look like this I won't experience that again.
I have experienced both being really thin 115~ 5'4 to going to 250 ~5'4 in 18 mon.... Trust me, however sad it is, I crave to loook like that again. Do you have a pic of your hirghest weight? And make it your worst one, put it somewhere that you always see it.... Trust me that will give you all the motivation you need to stick to the diet, when you no longe feel like cheating then take it down.
I hope that this advice doesn't offend you, but I like to get right to the problem...and face it as quickly a possible
Chao
kellie
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 11:42
I will try...until.

Luddy, I also have been cheating for the past three months, and I gained almost 20 pounds back. I think it's because I found a boyfriend who loves me no matter how I look. Well, that's good and all, but I now am starting to feel bad about myself. I want to look good in my own eyes again.

I think Valentine's day is a great goal date. That's mid-Feb, so if we treat ourselves over the holiday's (which I will probably do on Xmas day and New Years only), we'll still have plenty of time to get back on track and continue to lose.

My trick is to try and stay away from food I might be tempted by, and if I do find myself facing it, I just think about how awful I will feel after I betray my diet. It helps that my boyfriend is supportive, although I sometimes wish he would agree that I need to lose weight. That would be a REAL motivater. LOL.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 05:26

Hi girls
Akasha....you are so right... it would be a big motivator. In the long run though wouldn't it just hurt you? My last boyfriend and I were togeather for 3 1/2 yrs. we recently broke up a month ago. He has a thyroid problem, and he originally was the one who was doing the low carb thing, but I saw how quickly he was loosing the weight and wanted to try it. Well I lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks.... then he cheated...and then I followed suit and started cheating. Well here I am 9 mon later having gained back all of my weight and and extra 10 pounds.
I found that he was my eating buddy... I know that he loves me for who I am...but I don't love the way I feel or look, so I am going to fix it.
Trust me it's an amazing thing to have someone who loves you no matter your weight, and guys like that are hard to find.
Luddy....hows it going....are you sticking to it? Did you take my suggestion?
have a great day girls
Kellie
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 17:52
I will try...until.

Hiya everyone. Well, I decided to take one day a week and have some extra carbs (probably mostly fruit, juice, etc). I figure it won't hurt much, and besides, I won't be craving carbs all week long.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 08:52

Hi girls,
Well I beat a cheat fest last night.... I was sitting in bed watching t.v and I kept thinking to myself.... I should celebrate my finishing off school till Jan 5..... Maybe I should order in a pizza......Well I spent almost an hr argueing with myslef, weighing the benefits and the cosequences and I won out.....
I am so proud
I am going to cheat though when I go to see Lord of The Rings.....I can't ruin the whole movie going experience.....
Well ttyl
Kellie
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 22:36
I will try...until.

Hehe, I'm going to the midnight showing of Return of the King Tuesday night. I will probably get some candy to snack on as well. Besides that, I've been doing good. I've lost about 5 pounds in two weeks, which is good. No rush. At least I am not gaining. Hehehe....