Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-09, 14:57

Plan: Shwarzbein Principal
Stats: 231/229/160 Female 66
BF:36%
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up Newbie & Hypo!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first attempt on the SP diet, although I prefer to think of it as a dietary lifestyle change. I've suffered with hypothyroidism, low-grade depression, and the ever creeping weight gain for nearly 22 years!

I've only been on the diet for a week. So far, I have given up alcohol and sugar. I haven't breached the caffeine habit, as Dr. S. said not to do too many things at once.

I feel great and my energy level is really improving...ready to start exercising again. My morning brain fog has disappeared and I'm finally sleeping like a baby for the first time in YEARS! The extra benefit is that I've lost 2 pounds, without even trying!

Has anyone with Hypothyroidism been successful with this dietary change?

Mal531
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-05-09, 10:55

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Great news!!!

I can't give you any feedback on the hypothyroidism problem, but I just popped into this sub-forum as I am about to embark on the SPII programme myself.

I'm glad to hear that you have had such great results so far, but remember her warning about not overdoing it when you feel that you have better energy levels. Stay focussed on being good to yourself, not on using all your energy up to do a load of chores!!!

All the best,

amanda