Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 08:39

Plan: Keto
Stats: 183/168/130 Female 5’4”
BF:
Progress:

After about a week of frustration with the scale fairy, stalled and slowly creeping back up, I did an egg and meat fast yesterday. 2 eggs and bacon for breakfast, boiled egg for lunch and steak for supper. Let me tell you it works. I noticed I was peeing A LOT yesterday. Dropped 3 pounds. And I feel so much better. Yes a lot of that is water but it reset my body I think. And now I realize part of my problem, maybe my whole problem, was too many carbs. I put in my typical meals into my Carb Manager app. I had not been faithful about this and I promise to be better. But I had been eating 41 carbs in a typical day. Way too much for me. Not sure if I will stay on the egg and meat fast today. How long do y’all typically do one?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hmmm, speaking of the Carb Manager app, what do you watch there, net carbs or total carbs? I am currently at 18g of net carbs, but I am at 31 g of total carbs. When I'm trying to be in ketosis is it the net or total that needs to be under 20g?
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 09:43

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I do egg and meat fasts in fits and spurts and I don't think I could tell you how long my longest one was since meat and eggs are the primary components of my diet. Cheese is the only non-meat/egg thing I'll notice I'm purposefully avoiding. When I'm eating 100% on plan, I'll only eat salads when we go out to dinner (typically 1x to 3x per week). Right now I'm on my third day of that. Probably the longest I've ever given up dairy is about 2 weeks. And During those times, I may have eaten a salad or some veggies if we went out to dinner. Who knows?

Cutting out dairy is good for about 2 to 3 pounds on me. It might be what you have going on?

Chef Ron - This is one of those things that seems to be individual. I find any fiber makes me retain water, but not fat, but with all that water hanging on, the scale will not go down, and it may even go up! The other thing is that I find artificial sweeteners, while not causing me to gain weight, don't allow me to lose weight either. And they give me cravings. I'm better off sticking to meat. YMMV.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-19, 10:06

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ron
Hmmm, speaking of the Carb Manager app, what do you watch there, net carbs or total carbs? I am currently at 18g of net carbs, but I am at 31 g of total carbs. When I'm trying to be in ketosis is it the net or total that needs to be under 20g?

I use Carb Manager, and I stay under 20, total carbs; usually less.

I eat beef, eggs, cheese, mushrooms; less of avocado, salad greens, onions; here and there a few berries with Baker’s chocolate and that is IT.

No cravings. Skip meals happily. Make sure you get your salt!