Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-01, 09:37

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default KFC NO MORE R. Chicken? CALL TODAY!

KFC has discontinued rotisserie chicken! Oh NO! I called the company and they DID confirm!!!
YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!

KFC Customer Satisfaction Line

Toll-Free Customer Service 1-800-225-5532
Canadian KFC Customer Service 1-877-342-5532

CALL IT'S FREE and tell them you want rotisserie chicken BACK!!! I did and am telling everyone I KNOW to do so! Come on everyone! Lurkers - please and pass the word!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 05:07
Registered Member

Plan: 10-20g per day
Stats: 169/129/125
BF:
Progress: 91%

Hi nsmith,

KFC shouldn't even be a consideration. Why not buy a free-range rotisserie chicken with no colouring and chemicals added, and at the same time, support the 'little shops' instead of the conglomerates?

In Australia, a fresh chicken costs me $3.50, $7 for free-range, which is what I buy. I roast my own, sprinkled with paprika, thyme and sage, and basted in butter and its own juices. Hard to beat for a meal and snacks, and minimal effort.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 05:19

BF:
Progress:
Default I disagree

You may be lucky and have the luxury of time and the convenience of a kitchen available to cook - many people work LONG days and lunch is often on the road, in the car or out in town. In some places, options are limited and not all people can carry food along with them during their day/from home to work (limited refridgeration available or none at all for meats) or eat with other people during a fast 30 - 50 minute lunch they have to grab quickly when out of the office. Many people are busy and running kids around, doing errands - need the speed and convenience of fast food. Others are in the middle of traveling by car/plane whatever - and also have limited immediate options. Fast food is always my second choice too, but when very hungry and cut short for time/or lack of kitchen/or time of day - during work we must be open to all options and I would hope that if we can increase these options for ourselves, all of us, we can make being on this way of eating even easier. Not everyone eats all meals at home - can or wants to.
Not a consideration? I disagree. I hope you call to help anyway. And count your blessings too.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 06:10
Registered Member

Plan: 10-20g per day
Stats: 169/129/125
BF:
Progress: 91%

These are exactly the habits I have broken... calling into junk food places.

Instead, for a meal I have to eat on the run, I call into a sandwich bar where I know I can get a salad, or a piece of roasted chicken, shasliks, at night an Indian or Chinese restaurant because I know the menu items that suit me.

I often eat on the run but the last places I look to are McDonalds, Burger King, KFC or Pizza Hut. They are the ones that got me into trouble in the first place. And I hardly see how 'stripping off the bun and eating the insides while I drive/ordering my Big Mac without bread' constitute a change in a way of eating.

It takes me approximately five minutes to turn on the oven and prepare a chicken. It roasts by itself for an hour, no other input from me other than to take it out. Ok, you don't have a kitchen, I can understand why you can't do that.

But I stand by my post that there are many small outlets that sell real rotisserie chicken, and it's not so tragic (or surprising) that KFC prefers their heavily processed, chemicalised fried chicken (And would you like chips, potato, gravy and a coke with that, ma'am?) to their heavily chemicalised, processed 'roasted' chicken that no one was buying anyway.

Just my thoughts on fast food. There are many more natural alternatives to the big 'drive-throughs" and slowing down for the experience makes for better eating. Get to know the alternatives in your neighbourhood, and the areas you travel to.

Last edited by Babs : Sat, Dec-22-01 at 08:01.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 08:12

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Good Chicken

In my area we have a place called El Pollo Loco. It's a little Mexican chicken place. Man, is the chicken good there. You can see them grilling it right in front of you. It is "fast food", but I think more healthy than some. You can buy rice and beans with your order, but I just get the salad with the chicken and I'm good to go.

I agree with both of you--it is best to make your own food. It's easy and cheaper, and you can control what's on it. But there are times that eating out is a treat. I know there are times for me when I can't stomach having to cook another meal....comes with feeding and raising 4 children. Once in a while, you just need a break. So it's nice to know there is something out there that is fairly healthy and easy too. I will call KFC, but have to admit I haven't eaten their food for years. Victoria
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 09:03

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I have found most of our grocery stores around town now carry roasted chickens as well as some other BBQ meats. My husband abhores KFC (not sure why either), so we end up going to Boston Market or the grocery store if we don't have the time to roast our own.

Problem with Boston Market is their veggie selection is limited.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 09:25

BF:
Progress:

Love Boston Market, but we don't have one in Traverse City Michigan USA. Maybe someday.

Babs, I DO have a kitchen, but not at work - and I was talking about lunches during the workday/weekdays, not dinners. When traveling accross our country USA, with kids in the back and no time for grocery shopping - not to mention plates/utensils, fast food is the way to go.

Love Boston Market.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 11:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

I think we all can work out LC to the best of our ability, make the food choices suitable to our lifestyle and pallet... Changes in behavior are certainly the best way to go..For some of use.. switching from KFC Original Recipe to the Rotis.. is a BIG change in choices.

I feel very fortunate that I do not have little ones at home or a real hectic schedule .. so I can do some preparation ahead of time etc. Typically eating organic or range free, but not always. Sometimes I can't and sometimes I don't.

My crown is off to those of you who are eating LC with hectic schedules and family and partners who continue to eat in other ways...

So GIRLS.... Do what works for you!!!!! As long as you feel good about yourself and you are continuing to lose weight.. bravo!!!!

Ramona

Nsmith ----I will call KFC in support to your efforts!!!!!!