Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 16:13

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Unhappy stalled

Hi all,

I have been stalled for over two weeks now and am getting frustrated. I can't seem to lose any weight. I am eating under 20 carbs, drinking water til I float, and adding some excercise. I am going to try adding more walking etc. and see if that helps. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 06:20

Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default I'm Stalled Too...

Hi Laurie--- Sorry I can't help you out but I hope someone can come up with an answer or suggestions. I'm stalled too--- got off to a terrific start (water weight-- I'm sure) and now have remained the same all through Induction

HELP!!! ANY IDEAS OUT THERE ???
Ellie
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/168/145
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi,
I've experienced much of the same thing, but I am giving myself a break this week (mentally, I mean!) because of the Thanksgiving debacle and because TOM is due tomorrow...scale is up, but I'm ignoring it and LCing away. I think the slower weight loss for us is that we each have 30-40 pounds to lose, which in the grand scheme of things is not so much and therefore the weight will come off slower. I posted a message in my second week of induction at how frustrated I was that I had only lost 4 pounds. Then I think it was Nat who pointed out, on what other diet have you lost 4 pounds in 9 days? She had a point. Focus also on how you feel. Isn't it nice not to crash at 4pm every day? To give your teeth a break from all that sugar? (if you're like me you have a million cavities!). Just don't give up...at least give it a month or so, your body needs to really adjust to your new way of feeding it and you owe it to yourself to at least give it a decent shot. I know how you feel, I promise, just don't give up!!!
Susan
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 16:26

Stats: 215/165/145
BF:
Progress: 71%

I hope that you all can get unstalled soon. Myself, I've been stalled for about 4-5 months. I lost 50 lbs in the first 5 months and then I just got stuck! Recently I've been changing my diet every week or so to see if that works. I also got my hubby to start on it last week. He lost 5 lbs his first week (he was a real junk food junkie). Maybe him being on the diet will help me, I've been so depressed lately I'm about ready to give up. Last night I even ate a hunk of peanut brittle. Woke up in the middle of the night with the worst headache I've had in a year. Must've been all the sugar. Good luck all!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 16:01

BF:
Default MY STALL WAS A SHORT ONE!!!

I need to be more patient with this. I was thinking I wasn't going to lose any more after a terrific start. But I cut out the salt, artificial sweeteners, diet soda, and added in veggies-- (about 1 1/2 cups a day and I dropped 4 more lbs and its staying off!! Now I'm more patient waiting for my next drop. Try adding something a little different in or leaving something out --- it just might work
Ellie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 06:33

BF:

Thanks Ellie, I hope your right. This week I am adding a little more veggies (broccoli,cauliflower, spinach) with my dinner, and lettuce and tomato on the side with my 1/4 lb hamburger pattie for lunch. Plus, I am riding my bike every other day (about 4 miles).The bike is killing me, I'm not used to it at all. My bottom is sooo sore Anyway, we'll see what happens by next saturday. Thats when I weigh. Thanks for your help.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 07:16

BF:

Hey RUSCOD---- Post here again and let me know if the veggies get things moving again-- I'll be waiting! Good for you on the bicycle!! I know I have to get exercising but haven't pumped up the motivation yet THATS what I should be doing NOW
I do everything spur of the moment-- so the bike is ready to go when I am-- and once I get started I'm usually good at sticking to it !! Post again!!
Ellie
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 11:26

BF:

Ellie, Thanks bunches for the veggie advice. I lost 3 pounds last week. I'm at 165 now. I hope I can keep it off, I've kinda been slacking off on the biking. My driveway is all up hill and by the time I push my bike up it I'm completely out of breath. It kind of makes the ride less appealing ya know. I think I've figured that out now though. I'm gonna put my bike in the wagon behind the four wheeler and pull it up the hill. Then I won't be tuckered out before I get started. Think I'll go do that right now. I'm so excited about the 3 lbs. I'll keep posting here as I go. I haven't figured out the private message thing yet. I'd love to get an e-mail from you, I'm at ruscod~att.net. Write me anytime and thanks again.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 06:41

BF:
Default HEY RUSCOD!!!

Just wanted you to know..... sent you a short email... not sure if you got it.Was in a hurry but didn't want you to think I forgot!!
Hows things going on the diet front????
Ellie
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 06:17

BF:

Hey Ellie,
I did get your e-mail, thanks, I've just been working alot of hours lately. We're short handed at work. Anyway, the diet is ok I think. Right now I'm kinda bloated (TOM) so it will take a couple of weeks before I'll really know if I'm still losing. I'll keep ya posted though. And I'll e-mail you as soon as I can. Gotta get ready for work now. bye.