Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 13:31

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Hee hee! Yes I love it! I went through my drawers today, and got rid of tons more! Woohoo!

Yes my friend is doing Atkins, she just started, but she is losing really slow. Personally I don't think she is eating enough on plan ~ meaning she is too busy cutting calories, but you can't tell her that! She is bigger then me so for now those clothes can be used, but yes your right, eventually if she sticks with it, will be swimming too.

I know for me this is just a HUGE motivator! I love feeling that good!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 15:04

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sheila*
Hee hee! Yes I love it! I went through my drawers today, and got rid of tons more! Woohoo!

Yes my friend is doing Atkins, she just started, but she is losing really slow. Personally I don't think she is eating enough on plan ~ meaning she is too busy cutting calories, but you can't tell her that! She is bigger then me so for now those clothes can be used, but yes your right, eventually if she sticks with it, will be swimming too.

I know for me this is just a HUGE motivator! I love feeling that good!

Isn't it funny how when people start Atkins or PP or something similar, they try to do it with the concept of old thinking. Even when the directions stress the opposite people still have a hard time with fat and calories.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 16:05

Plan: Atkins & SB Diet
Stats: 185/172/145 Female 5 4.5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkshot
Oh man, how I do envy you! I haven't lost enough that I have that particular problem yet, but hopefully it's just around the corner! Congrats

Same here! I can't wait to throw all my stuff away
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 17:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Congratulations! I buy a LOT (almost all) of clothing on e-bay. If you know how brands fit you can find some great deals. I have also sold a lot of too big clothing on e-bay. There is a good market for larger sized clothing in good condition, especially in brand names.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 21:38

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/165/120 Female 5'3.5
BF:
Progress: 37%

Gratzz to you! That is just fabulous. I can't wait until I have the same problem!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 06:06

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPass
Congratulations! I buy a LOT (almost all) of clothing on e-bay. If you know how brands fit you can find some great deals. I have also sold a lot of too big clothing on e-bay. There is a good market for larger sized clothing in good condition, especially in brand names.

This is really good to know! I have several very nice suits (I'm an attorney) that are absolutely huge on me and altering won't work! At least I can recoup a bit of my investment in them! I am going to miss them though... they were such nice suits!!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 06:59

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:

Oh I know how you feel. I feel like I've spent way too much $$ on clothes lately. I lived in the same pair or jeans all last summer (size 14). Finally, once I just couldn't wear them any longer, I ordered the same jeans, size 12 and to my happy surprise, they were too big so I ordered the 10. I flew through size 10 in a matter of weeks and am now the 8. Luckily I only bought the one pair. I will tell you that the smaller you get, the quicker you'll move out of a size. When I first began losing (at 200 lbs.), it took me losing 30 lbs. before I needed to buy smaller but now even 5lbs. changes a size. Try to find something that will work even if it's a little big. Since you have 2 dresses that work, get two more, preferrably something on sale and work with those outfits until you go lower.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 07:38

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 205/152/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAwoman75
I will tell you that the smaller you get, the quicker you'll move out of a size. When I first began losing (at 200 lbs.), it took me losing 30 lbs. before I needed to buy smaller but now even 5lbs. changes a size. Try to find something that will work even if it's a little big. Since you have 2 dresses that work, get two more, preferrably something on sale and work with those outfits until you go lower.

that's good to know! i went down a size but have stayed here for a while. it was nice to get rid of those clothes, but i'd sure like to go down more!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 08:23

Plan: Ketogenic paleo
Stats: 186/167/125 Female 5'4"
BF:trying to quit
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman
On my way down last time, I made the mistake of buying clothes as I shrank - problem was I was left with unused clothes, with the labels intact, that I shrank past. Ebay had a heck of a lot of my clothes.. This time, I am not doing that, just making sure I have a good belt, and luckily, summer is a time when baggy looks ok.

That's a sensible solution. I just can't be that sensible! Maybe it's a female thing, but I am better motivated to stick to plan if I reward myself with new clothing along the way as I shrink. I'm just sure not to buy anything expensive until I get close to goal; most of my transitional stuff is Target and Walmart clearance stuff.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 08:52

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

yes, having clothing that is a bit tight or fits well will keep you on plan. the baggy clothing can make one feel they are doing just fine and can cheat a bit.

Also, having clothing that fits boosts self esteem.

elasticized waists in skirts and stretchy shirts last longer than tailored clothing.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 20:03
Registered Member

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 000/000/026 Female 5'7
BF:

Awesome...I cannot wait for stuff in my closet become to big...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels....
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-08, 20:33

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybabe
Awesome...I cannot wait for stuff in my closet become to big...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels....

Though there can be motivation in that quote ~ I am no longer trying to be skinny! I am past that! I want to be healthy! I want my body to function at its optimal and I can't wait until I am there. I used to want to be "skinny"... but I have alot to live for!