Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-19, 10:24

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default View from the pantry....

When I reach into the pantry to grab a few almonds or pork rinds, this is the sight that greets me. I did linger for a moment today, but I will not waiver

What does your pantry look like?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-19, 10:52

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

LOL. I've been LC long enough that the only non-LC friendly foods in my house are baking ingredients (which are in a different cupboard from the rest of the food, so I rarely see them), a half a bag of sweet potato chips that I keep around for guests, and two chocolate kisses that have been sitting around since Christmas.

They aren't really temptations for me. I do have some low-carb treats for when I get the urge, but that isn't very often these days, luckily. Though yesterday I was fasting and was watching a movie where people kept hanging around a donut shop and talking about donuts and that nearly killed me.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-19, 11:25

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

that's interesting. I don't really have a pantry - I do have one shelf in a cabinet that has some condiments and everything else that is edible is in the refrigerator. I wouldn't last long if the power went out ha!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-19, 14:31

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

I've had my own cupboard for a while now so I don't even see my kids/husband's food unless I'm buying it and taking care of groceries. Their stuff isn't even on my radar normally!

Last edited by DaisyDawn : Tue, Apr-30-19 at 14:37.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-19, 14:33

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
that's interesting. I don't really have a pantry - I do have one shelf in a cabinet that has some condiments and everything else that is edible is in the refrigerator. I wouldn't last long if the power went out ha!

Oh goodness, you should check out my set-up, I have enough food staples on hand to feed us comfortably for over a month and enough on hand to get us through several more months if necessary. I went through a bit of a 'prepper' phase a while back-this is NOT low carb friendly foods, mostly beans and rice and other canned goods, but in case of the Zombie Apocalypse I'm not going to be too choosy

Last edited by DaisyDawn : Tue, Apr-30-19 at 14:42.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-19, 17:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Oh nooooo!

Thankfully, everyone in my house is low carb. That's because I'm single - lol
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-01-19, 08:46

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Fortunately, what tempts DH does not tempt me!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-01-19, 08:56

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Not too different from the food collection at my house. It wouldn't occur to me to eat any of the high carb stuff, as I can get along very well in a heterogeneous environment.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-01-19, 10:14

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Fortunately, what tempts DH does not tempt me!

That's usually the case for me, too. I buy Bush's baked beans for him so he'll have something he likes on days when I can't (or won't! ) cook. He's finally figured out how to use our slightly weird can opener.

Having a tiny kitchen means very little food is stored in it. Most is in the pantry/furnace room. When he comes home with some impulse buy that is problematic for me, I ask him to keep it out of sight. He's gotten much better with that.

Since I'm the head cook & shopper, most of the food in the pantry is lc. Occasionally I slip - almonds are difficult for me, but I bought some yesterday 'cause I was out & about & needed to eat something. Not the best choice. I put the rest of the bag in the freezer - it's easier to forget about there.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-01-19, 11:45
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I've received this about 6 months ago, as a gift (since everyone at work knows how much I love Nutella, one colleague gave it to me). I've left it in my drawer and did not bring it home. It will sit here forever, to remind me of what I have to stay away from. It's like a bag of crack (I never had any crack, but it's probably less tempting than stupid sugar LOL)

#11   ^
Old Wed, May-01-19, 12:13

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
I live in earthquake country and a few years ago the advice went from keeping enough food and water on hand for three days to enough for a week! For canned food, I have tuna, sardines, olives, artichokes, pickles, tomatoes, peanut or almond butter and some LC cauliflower soup. I have three or four kinds of nuts and some LC treats like chocolate. I have chicken stock in quarts from Costco and shelf stable soy milk. Plus lots of coffee, tea, herbs and spices, and a zillion condiments.

Now I'm hungry. I think it's time for lunch!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-01-19, 13:13

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

One of the benefits of living alone is that only the foods I eat are in my house. I am happy to say my pantry looks nothing like that.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-01-19, 14:10
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Not much stuff, as I tend to be a food hoarder and I made it my mission to clear it out over the winter. I had stuff that I brought with me when I moved in 5 YEARS AGO.

My baking ingredients and supplements are in another cabinet. So is the cat food and my plethora of storage containers.

Canadians will recognize the No Name stuff - yes, I live near a No Frills. #hauler 😎🍌

Ron, that reminds me of a coworker who just told me that when she quit smoking years ago, she had an unopened pack of smokes on top of her fridge. It was there for ages. Then, someone else in the house took it and she was enraged.