Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 21:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.5/179.5/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

What an awesome idea to hold each other up in prayer! Count me in!

Kathy - what do you do from home in your job? I work from home also and work in sales for children's christian animated videos. (It's a family company) I work for my dad. I remember how glad I was when I went from looking fat to looking pregnant! Although with the twins, everyone thought I was 9 months pregnant when I was 5 months pregnant. (My waist got to 52 inches)

DeAnna: Hang in there! Mine has been slow going too.

Randisue: Thanks for the challenge to pray for each other. - what an encouragement!

Kimberly: I will especially pray for your upcoming "opportunities for growth". - MIL's always bring out in me the areas that I know the Lord needs to work the most on.

Shalizbet: Welcome to this group! Look forward to getting to know you!

My prayer for all of us is that in times of weakness, we remember that our bodies are the temple of the Lord and that with every bite we remember to glorify God with our bodies!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 10:14

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%
Talking

Woke up this morning and what did I see.....one more lb off of me.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 17:09
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Praise the Lord, Deanna! I'm so happy for you! That is such a wonderful feeling, to know you're making steady progress. Your stats tell the story; you've already accomplished so much.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 17:21
Contributing Member

Hi, Cleanheart! I love the story of the source of your screen name! Thanks for the welcome. Let me share a story: I was acting as the lay preacher for our church's turn to hold the Sunday afternoon service at a local nursing home. Partway through, this dear little old lady with the sweetest face beckoned me over and asked if she could offer a word of prayer. I said "Sure", whereupon she began to stand up. I looked around for a nurse or someone to be sure that it was ok for her to stand, but when it became apparent that she wasn't waiting I reached for her hand and held her a bit to support her. Then, she explained that at every meeting of her woman's group in another state they had always said this prayer. And she clearly and strongly recited the "Create in me a clean heart . . ." scripture. It was such a beautiful moment. I had recognized her when I came in when I had questioned her about how I might know her she told me she had run the cash register for years at the local grocery store where I shop. Then I remembered all the positive associations I had with her; she was one of those people who work with the public but always stayed patient and pleasant. A few months after the service where she prayed I saw her name in the obituary section of the paper, and all I could see was that sweet, gentle spirit entering the presence of the Most High. I've never heard that scripture since without it being even more special.

Oh, and I love your prayer for all of us on this thread! Blessings to all!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 17:53
Registered Member

BF:

Shalizbet: What a beautiful story! Sounds like a lady I would have loved to known! It definitely teaches us to be aware of the difference we can make in others lives just by a silent witness!

Deanna: - YEAH! Congratulations on your pound!

For the rest of us:
"Let us not grow weary in well doing, for in due season we will reap if we don't lose heart!" -Gal. 6:9

Last edited by Cleanheart : Tue, Jul-22-03 at 17:54.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 19:57

Thank you for your support. I was thrilled over getting out of the 40's. I told my DH that I droped out of the 40's and he said how much did you weigh before. I told him 169 and he said," Man you were fat." That is the truth, but he didn't have to say it.

Shalizbet: It is wonderful to hear a testimony like that. Also the verse was good too.

I am going to my grandchildren's Great Grandfather's funeral tomorrow. He passed away and they had no way to say good-by. There are 5 grand children. 2 girls and 3 boys. Oldest is 12. The girl that is 9 was very close to him. After crying, she sat down with pencil and paper in hand, and made her grandfather a card. It said, " I love you grandpa. I miss you. I know of a skater who died of aids, so I am making this for you because you died." On the back of her card she drew a picture of the skater that died. Her mother folded it up, and put it in a plastic bag, so they can give it to her grandpa tommarow. Let me tell you, I could not keep the tears back as I heard of her sorrow. I know tomorrow will be so hard on the grand children, so please pray that Jehovah God's comfort will be with the family.

g
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 09:01
Registered Member

BF:

Deanna -

Sorry to hear about your grandchildren's great-grandfather's passing. It made me think of a poem my father wrote for a friend of mine who had passed away. - Hope you like it:

God Cares!

Who will help us understand,
When things don't go as we had planned?
When one we love is snatched away,
And no one knows just what to say.
God Will!

Who knows our hurt and feels our pain?
When human words cannot explain?
And things that happen don't seem fair,
Because we know that He is there,
God Does!

Who can heal a broken heart?
And mend what life has torn apart?
What circumstances would destroy,
Who can turn it into joy?
God Can!

As for the DH who said "you were fat", that's exactly why my DH has no clue of how much I way. I don't want him thinking "Boy is she a heffer!"- LOL

Have a great day!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 12:42

Wink

Thank you CleanHeart, it is so sweet of you. Yes I loved the poem. It is very touching.

My DH is an overbearing type and when he ask how much, I tell him how much....No secrets between us he say's. That is what he thinks.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 13:19

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Hi, room for another sister? Don't know how I missed this thread, it's wonderful to find other Christians.

Fiona is actually one of our cats, my name is Deborah, and I've been married to my best friend for 30 years. We have a son who will be married on the 14th of August (stress, what stress?) and live with two dogs and five cats. I'm convinced that my dog is an in disguise

The Lord blesses us daily, it's amazing to me who He brings into our lives. Today it's been through reading all the six previous pages of postings here.

Hope you all have a blessed day!
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 13:28

Wink

Hello Deborah, Happy to know you. Glad you have a husband who is your best friend. Sounds wonderful. Also happy you are with us. There is always room here. I have 5 dogs and 1 cat, 3 children, and 9 neighborhood cats that think they belong here....LOL
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 14:46

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Everyone,

How exciting to see so many Christians supporting one another, crossing demoninational barriers, and just being brothers and sisters in the Lord. I know that our Father is pleased.

I'm praying for all of you to be strengthened and successful in your WOE. But most of all that God would draw you closer to Himself and you would see more of Him, that you would walk in His presence and be led by His Mighty Spirit.

I've lost 1 pound so far this week. The weight loss has slowed but it's still heading in the right direction. And I certainly don't feel deprived in any way - yahoo.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 16:09

Talking

It's nice to see so much inspiration here. Thank you Randisue.

It is really wonderful to lose a lb at a time.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 16:31
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome aboard Deborah! Always room for one more!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 18:43
Contributing Member

Welcome, Deborah! I loved your post! So many things resonated for me! My husband is my best friend, too. And we have for a long time ('cause our dog is 12+) said that he is an He's blessed our lives in so many ways that it seems miraculous. Your plan sounds great; wish you well with it!

Randisue! A pound a week is a blessing indeed. Sometimes I like to think that through our willingness to submit to the discipline of the plans we're on the Lord is revealing and refining us in spirit as well as in body.

Deanna: I had a good chuckle at your post about your DH. We do have to defend ourselves enough to keep on doing what we know is right for us! Good for you!

Cleanheart: Thanks for sharing the poem with this thread! It's a great reminder, nicely expressed!

Would appreciate prayers for:
a forum member who is having pain in her hands (I ran across her post)
me as I do a professional presentation in front of my peers tomorrow; it's a little scary and I want to do a good job for them.

Thanks! Blessings to all!
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 20:36

Will pray for member and you.