Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 09:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/213/135
BF:
Progress:
Red face Well here I go AGAIN....Need some support

Hello! My name is Stacy and I am starting on Atkins again. Let me tell you a little about how i got here:

Well I started again on November 4th and could really use some encouragement. I have gone Atkins before and lost weight but I stopped and gain everything right back. So I am going to do it but some encouragement would be VERY help full.

I have always been over weight but I am ready to change that. I am only 20 (turning 21 in January ) weigh 215. Well I weigh my self this morning and I am already down to 213 and I just started 2 days ago.

If you have any tips or some encouragement throw it this way!!!!

This place seems like an awesome place for help!!

P.S. I live in Houston, Texas so if you do too! send me a message!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 10:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi StacyLynne - you're off to a great start!!! I'm new on this site too, and took a few days to read some of the journals and questions and introductions -- I found a LOT of encouragement there. Just reading about others who had doubts, or problems, or questions, but found answers to them, along with the many people here who are losing consistently and successfully -- AND FEEL GREAT -- was a big help.

I think the usual advice is, please don't think of this as a diet -- especially not a quick, magic one -- that will get rid of extra weight forever and you can go back to eating/doing whatever caused the problem in the first place. This won't happen. The thing is to understand what's going on -- why sugar is bad for you -- and concoct a diet you can live with -- happily. I think you'll find a lot of ideas for that here -- check out the recipe section.

I was about 22 when the Atkins diet first came out, and weighed somewhere around 200 (forget whether that was the 190 year, or the 210 year). I went on it -- thinking I wanted to weigh 120 pounds, wanting to lose the weight at 10 pounds a week, gave up because I "only" lost 5 pounds a week. 30 years later, I weighed 288. Every year between then and now my weight has been the central issue of my life.

I'd urge you to really commit this time, with all your determination and energy! Do it now. Get it done now. For your future health and happiness.

Last edited by alto : Tue, Nov-06-01 at 10:40.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 15:05
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile Hello Nice to meet you

Why to go glad to see your back to the WOL and WOE you have to stick to it for the rest of your life though because you will feel so much better and lose weight and your skin will even be better!!

I live in Texas too .....I always heard things in Texas are big and better well i've got bigger living here thats for sure...lol

you should think about starting a journal to keep track of stuff daily and write down everything you eat so everyone can help you along...you might also want to go to www.fitday.com and do your daily menu so you know how much carrb,protein,and fat and fiber you eat daily....and remember to drink at least 64 oz of water a day and you have to eat 10-12 times your body weight...i know its kinda hard to eat that much but you can add calories and fat(fat is your friend on this WOE) by eatting more olive oil,mayo and butter

i cant wait to read more in your journal..if you ever need anyone to talk to let me know i have yahoo messenger and icq we can chat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 21:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Welcome

Welcome, I'm sabrina and I am new here as well. I've been LCing for 5 days now. I also am returning back to this diet from a long time ago. I have hypothyroidism and I had a baby etc. etc. Just wanted to let you know that there are alot of buddies here that are always there for you when you need them. Sometimes I wish they were right in front of me. Well hang in there and chat with you soon. Sabrina
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 08:18

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

I just want to say thanks for everyone's encourgment!! It is GREATLY needed. I am going to start back on induction today so that I can better track my inches lost, food eaten, water intake, vitamins, loss, etc. I have a binder made up with success stories, sample menus, recipes and all my charts to help me out along then way. This new WOE has to work for me. I am at the end of my rope with my weight and if I don't do it now, I won't ever do.

So thanks to everyone and I will keep in touch as much as possible. If anyone would care to chat through out the day, just send me a message!!!

THANKS
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 10:00

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default welcome Stacey

I wanted to say that I am an exaple of how truly wonderful this way of eating can be. My heaviest was about 240 about 8 yrs ago. I struggled and took off some of the weight. But I didnt feel well and knew I needed some changes. Then in April I read DR Atkins book and was amazed. Of course at 1st I didint believe it worked but.....I started out weighing ummmm maybe 185 and 5 months later I reached my goal. I am very very lucky because I didnt experience the long weight stalls that most do and arrived at my goal earlierly than expected. Just do lots of research on low- carbing, drink lots of water and exercise. Good luck
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 10:41

BF:
Progress:

Yeah I just read ALL of Blondie28's journal and I am ready to start now. It is nice to know that so many other people are in the same boat. I am going to do it this time, that is all I have to keep telling myself.

I currently take a Centrum vitamin every morning along with vitamin E, and a flaxseed oil. Can anyone suggest another multi viatmin and other vitamins (brand names too)? It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks have a GREAT LOW CARBING day!!!!

Stacy
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 14:50
Registered Member

Stats: 215/203.5/135
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default trying to lc too

Hi everyone,

I'm jazzyflyer .. also new to the LC world and am having a bit of trouble staying motivated.

I have tried this before with success only having gained back my weight after birth of my twins .... however I have noticed it's seems harder this time around.

Please give me some words of wisdom and encourgement!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:11

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default welcome jazzy

Im sure U are sick of hearing this but be patient. All good things come with time..lol or so they say. Congrats on your twins. Keep in mind that kids require a lot of time and sometimes then its hard to focus on ourselves. Do lots of research on low-carbing, drink lots ot water, take vitamins and exercise and good luck if U stay with it, U will see progress.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:18

BF:
Progress:

Well I am doing good so far this week. I haven't lost anything yet but I am not giving up hope!!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and support!! it is greatly appreciated!!

Have a GREAT low carbing day!!
Stacy
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 17:11

BF:
Default How ya doing

Hi there. Just wanted to know how things were going for you stacy? Well I have been on for a week now entering my second week of induction and have lost 8 lbs. I think I'm going to stay in inductions for a little while longer than the suggested 2 weeks becuase I have a little more weight to lose. My boyfriend is currently on it with me which makes it a bit easier especially when I have to decide what to make for dinner. For my excercise I walk on my tread and I usually walk around 2-3 miles a day. Of course I drink my water as well. I hope I can be like gwilson and have no stalls in my weightloss. Talk to you soon. Sabrina
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 11:48

BF:
Progress:

Well I feel off the wagon yesterday. I got upset (not a good reason) and ate a piece of cake

I drank water like crazy yesterday and today, not that it will really change anything. I decided though, that I am not going to let my slip up stop me! I am going to keep on trucking and pray that I don't let myself do it again!

Thanks for the support and advice everyone!!

Stacy
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 13:20

BF:

Hi stacy, I thought I would send an alternative to eating when you are upset so that you don't fall off the wagon. When you are upset and want to vent out get right online and jump into this forum. Vent out with one of us this will get your mind totally off of the food and focused in with one of us. We're here for you with whatever might be troubling. I would rather be your shoulder to cry on than that piece of cake going right into your mouth. The bad thing about us doing this is after we have eaten something that we really should'nt have we feel twice as bad after. Then we are even more depressed, catch where I'm coming from? Keep your spirits up with your positive attitude and try my advice the next time you are in that situation. Pick on me if you have to. Will talk with ya soon sabrina