Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-12, 13:04

Plan: N/A
Stats: 150/150/150 Female N/A
BF:
Progress:
Default Not giving up.. not sure where to turn.

Thank you for posting your message. I have been battling what the medical community calls Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. In truth what I feel I have is systemic and/or gastronomic candida overgrowth. I have tried probiotics and have had a slight relief and then they seemed to stop working. The only thing that seems to help is continuous us of raw garlic. But as you can imagine that gets old real fast. I once went to a gastroenterologist and he had scheduled me 3 times to have a endoscope but I wasn't able to have the any of the required bowel movements needed to do the endoscope. After trying 3 times with the solution they give to have bowel movements and failing the doctor told me there was nothing he could do. I am planning to go to a different G.I doc and tell him the problems and I don't know if there is any hope. I truly feel my issues are coming from candida in the gut. I have inflammation and pain throughout my body and my stomach is just not right. Is there any help you can suggest?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-12, 14:14

Plan: NANY
Stats: 503/405/175 Male 72 inches
BF:plenty :)
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantenergy
Thank you for posting your message. I have been battling what the medical community calls Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. In truth what I feel I have is systemic and/or gastronomic candida overgrowth. I have tried probiotics and have had a slight relief and then they seemed to stop working. The only thing that seems to help is continuous us of raw garlic. But as you can imagine that gets old real fast. I once went to a gastroenterologist and he had scheduled me 3 times to have a endoscope but I wasn't able to have the any of the required bowel movements needed to do the endoscope. After trying 3 times with the solution they give to have bowel movements and failing the doctor told me there was nothing he could do. I am planning to go to a different G.I doc and tell him the problems and I don't know if there is any hope. I truly feel my issues are coming from candida in the gut. I have inflammation and pain throughout my body and my stomach is just not right. Is there any help you can suggest?

No offense, but do you really think that you will get better medical advice from random amateurs on the Internet than from your physician?

You may want your problem to be Candida, but that does not mean it is. There are a lot of things your vague symptoms could be.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-12, 10:11

BF:
Progress:

I have known I have Candida since 2001. I have not only every red flagged symptoms but I have had physical proof of it. I just didn't go into the details of it on my message. I have talked to my doctors who just brush it off and tell me that candida is benign and can't hurt the body. I know better. Plus the antifungals my doctor has given me to humor me have absolutely no effect on my candida. Which is normal for someone with candida.

The internet is the only place I have gotten help. First in recognizing the candida symptoms and in help in trying to control the candida naturally.

I was encouraged by Kt12's story because he actually got the candida out of his body. That is something I and many other candida sufferers are trying to do for a long time.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-12, 18:39
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I have known I have Candida since 2001. I have not only every red flagged symptoms but I have had physical proof of it. I just didn't go into the details of it on my message. I have talked to my doctors who just brush it off and tell me that candida is benign and can't hurt the body. I know better. Plus the antifungals my doctor has given me to humor me have absolutely no effect on my candida. Which is normal for someone with candida.

The internet is the only place I have gotten help. First in recognizing the candida symptoms and in help in trying to control the candida naturally.

I was encouraged by Kt12's story because he actually got the candida out of his body. That is something I and many other candida sufferers are trying to do for a long time.

Are you eating a low carb, antifungal diet, Wantenergy?
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 07:06

BF:
Progress:

Hi Rosebud,

I do try my best to eat a sugar free diet. I have to have complex carbs in my diet or else I get low blood sugar. And just feel very lethargic.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 07:19
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Hi Rosebud,

I do try my best to eat a sugar free diet. I have to have complex carbs in my diet or else I get low blood sugar. And just feel very lethargic.

Believe me, eating complex carbs is the worst possible thing you can do - both for your blood sugar and for your candida.

The best way to keep a stable blood sugar is to get sufficient protein at each meal. And all of those carbs are just feeding your candida.

How about doing some reading on low carbing? For example, Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution has a chapter on Yeast Syndrome that could well help you.

And of course, you are posting on a lopw carb forum, so we do believe that a low carb eating plan is the healthiest way to go.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-12, 03:16

Plan: 23
Stats: 123/124/128 Male 132
BF:
Progress:
Default Kt12?

anyone heard from KT12 since????????????????????????