Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 08:48
The Girl from Ipomea

Plan: Atkins 72,Zero Carb
Stats: 229/212/160 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:well shucks....
Progress: 25%

Windy yes but bitter cold! I don't mind except the kids want to go sledding and we had the good old Alberta clipper sending cold air with the wind, it went to -4 degrees on early New Years day, BTW it is Chinese year of the cow, anyone want to join me in eating one?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 14:01
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm game!
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/207/175 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 24%

MetaGirl...sounds yummy.. I will have mine with grilled mushrooms. ... Or were you talking about like hunting one down like cavemen hahaahahah

Kisal, I noticed your id says you have been smoke free since Aug 2008...CONGRATULATIONS!! I took up smoking as an adult (crazy I know) but I have been smoke free since the week before Thanksgiving 2008...I got the flu and went 24 hours without one so I decided to try to kick them. So far so good...it was a rough but dont it feel great!! (saves lots of money too)
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 15:44
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscmom
Kisal, I noticed your id says you have been smoke free since Aug 2008...CONGRATULATIONS!!
Thank you!

Quote:
I took up smoking as an adult (crazy I know) but I have been smoke free since the week before Thanksgiving 2008...I got the flu and went 24 hours without one so I decided to try to kick them. So far so good...it was a rough but dont it feel great!! (saves lots of money too)
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 10:40

Plan: Atkins, IF
Stats: 214/214/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I maintained at 188 through the new year and a wedding on Saturday for my son. Stress events over, on to more stable days I hope. Now to get down and dirty with this induction plan!
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 11:29

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I am restarting today. Good luck everyone!!!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 13:24

Plan: Dukan Diet
Stats: 209/198.5/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Everyone,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Well I fell off the wagon since Christmas but I'm fully back on plan. Fortunately I only gained about 1 lb so my decline isn't too bad.

One of my co-workers and I have decided to do a weight loss challenge together. Each payday we'll each put in $10 and in 6 months will have enough money to buy really nice bikinis! We gave each other our diet plans and will e-mail each other our diet logs each day so we can stay committed and honest. I hope to lose about 30lbs in 6 months.

I have also decided to quit smoking again. Usually when I quit smoking I start gaining weight which depresses me so much that I start smoking again. I'm hoping that working on these two things together will bring me more success and happiness. Quitting smoking is really going to change my lifestyle though. So many of my friends smoke and the way we socialize is to hang out at bars. I'm afraid I'm going to have to avoid drinking and hanging out for a while
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 14:02
Never Give Up!

BF:

Hello, everyone! Best wishes for your success on achieving your goals! It sounds like you all did really well over the holidays!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-09, 16:29

BF:

How is everyone doing?

I have lost 4lbs, which of course is water but hey at least Im not having to carry them around anymore!!!
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-09, 18:14
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogama
How is everyone doing?

I have lost 4lbs, which of course is water but hey at least Im not having to carry them around anymore!!!
I'm losing. I think it's only because my doctors took me off of that med that was causing me such misery. Besides making me feel so sick, it made me gain 12 lbs. I think that's the weight I'm losing right now. Nothing new. Not pounds I haven't shed in the past.
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 07:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
I'm losing. I think it's only because my doctors took me off of that med that was causing me such misery. Besides making me feel so sick, it made me gain 12 lbs. I think that's the weight I'm losing right now. Nothing new. Not pounds I haven't shed in the past.

I bet you are so relieved not to be on that medication anymore!! TG your losing the weight. Congratulations!!
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-09, 01:38
Never Give Up!

BF:

Hi, everyone!

I'm just stopping in to say good-bye for a little while. I'm going to go back on my own plan. I'll be following the '72 thread, though, to keep track of my pals. KUTGW, everyone! I expect I'll be returning to '72 in awhile, but for now, I need to do something different.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-09, 23:12

Stats: 183/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 94%

What kind of "own plan" is there? And how do I get back her from the front page? Went to register and almost didnt get back!! I am so glad you all are here. I liked '72 before and am glad to find others too.
Karen
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-09, 23:48
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris47
What kind of "own plan" is there?
The plan I'm following at the moment is the one I started on more than 4 years ago. I pretty much made it up for myself. I lost 100 lbs in 1 year on it. It's nothing special. It's probably most similar to the old Drinking Man's Diet (although I don't drink alcohol. )

Quote:
And how do I get back her from the front page? Went to register and almost didnt get back!! I am so glad you all are here. I liked '72 before and am glad to find others too.
Karen
You can Bookmark the first page of the thread, or add it to your Favorites. Also, since you have posted in the thread, it may have been added to your Subscriptions. To view your Subscriptions, just click on User CP on the left end of the green toolbar.

You can add a thread to your Subscriptions by clicking on Thread Tools on the toolbar. Click on Subscribe to This Thread on the drop-down menu.

When you're on the Main Page of the Board, you can click on Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges. You will find this thread listed there.

Welcome to the group! I'm taking a temporary break, but I'll be back on Atkins' '72, I'm sure.
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-09, 11:36

Stats: 183/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Thank you for the info and thank you for not getting angry about my question relan
Good Luck, stop in and let us know how you are doing!!
Karen