Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 12:55
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi, all! I'm getting kind of discouraged. I think I'm going to try the carb cycling again, and see if that makes any difference.

Congrats to everyone who is losing or maintaining!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 14:49

Plan: Dukan Diet
Stats: 209/198.5/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
Hi, all! I'm getting kind of discouraged. I think I'm going to try the carb cycling again, and see if that makes any difference.

Did the carb cycling work for you in the past? I see from this forum that some people have success with it, while others have a terrible time with it. I guess with all my cheats I could technically say I'm carb cycling. Can't say it's an effective strategy for me though
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 14:50

Plan: Dukan Diet
Stats: 209/198.5/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal

I have to say, from your stats you've REALLY done a fabulous job! Even if you're having trouble right now, the overall picture is one of great success!
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 15:08
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_metro
Did the carb cycling work for you in the past? I see from this forum that some people have success with it, while others have a terrible time with it. I guess with all my cheats I could technically say I'm carb cycling. Can't say it's an effective strategy for me though
In order for the carb cycling to be effective, I still have to keep my carbs under 25g, even on my "high carb" days. I also need to keep my calories low, but since low calorie foods are generally a little higher in carbs, it works out pretty well.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-08, 17:12
Never Give Up!

BF:

Back up to 246 today!

Sheesh! I am sooooooo tired of riding this seesaw!
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-08, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Kisal, how long have you been LCing? Over 100 pounds lost is absolutely amazing!!! Hang in there, you're doing great. Holidays don't count - if we can just not go way off the whole plan and if we can stick with our goals. The pounds will start going away again.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-08, 13:45
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrus
Kisal, how long have you been LCing? Over 100 pounds lost is absolutely amazing!!! Hang in there, you're doing great. Holidays don't count - if we can just not go way off the whole plan and if we can stick with our goals. The pounds will start going away again.
I've been at this for more than 4 years. I'm fighting weight-gain side effects of medication. I guess I just get battle-weary from time to time.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-08, 15:11

Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Well hang in there! My DD also has med. related weight problems. She did SB for about a year and was looking great, but since she loves to cook/bake she just got tired of this WOE and now is back to her original weight and of course is unhappy that she let that happen. So Kisal, I understand, and am really cheering for you to stick with it.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-08, 20:32
Never Give Up!

BF:

I'm feeling a lot better, so maybe I can get busy and lose some weight again. On 12/24, my doctors took me off of that med that was making me so sick, and I've finally had a good night of sleep that gave me some real rest. I felt well enough to go for a walk again this morning. Things are definitely looking up!
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 22:45

Plan: Atkins, IF
Stats: 214/214/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have fallen hard the last couple of weeks and have been binging. I am starting day one of 72 induction tomorrow and was wondering if anyone would mind giving a word or encouragement and advise to survive the first couple of days.
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-08, 23:53

Plan: LC Candida Diet
Stats: 284/225.8/140 Female 5'5.75"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0203
I have fallen hard the last couple of weeks and have been binging. I am starting day one of 72 induction tomorrow and was wondering if anyone would mind giving a word or encouragement and advise to survive the first couple of days.

You are worth the effort and pain to get to your goals!! I have been having Good Earth original herbal tea. It's so spicy and satisfying and it's helped curb nightime munchies.

You can do it!!
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 01:29
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0203
Steph, we're with you all the way! Stay in close touch with us!
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 13:01
The Girl from Ipomea

Plan: Atkins 72,Zero Carb
Stats: 229/212/160 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:well shucks....
Progress: 25%

I am starting 72 tomorrow, my husband wants to start jan 1,(what he means is he wants ME to start HIM, by doing all his food thinking for him... sheesh...) and see where everyone is, I have been there so many times, (and here I am again). I never want to see food as anything but to keep me moving, and carbs never have, and never will. As a child I ate VLC until someone told me I had to eat carbs for energy, that eating good homemade sauce (gravy, if you are italian) without pasta wasn't healthy, and the aount of meat i craved wasn't balanced. So I balanced my self to obesity. I don't lose easy, I love to be active but my job and my kids wear me out and exersice and me come a very distance last. I don't post much but I read alot, I love to help and support, isn't this what we are all here for? I am in, I hope you can help me keep my sanity while DH expects me to do all his thinking, and I will print out the rules for him and post them on the fridge, I can only hope he will read them....
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 13:23

Plan: Atkins, IF
Stats: 214/214/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Okay - day 1 and so far so good. I was 189 on the scale today. My plan is to stick to mostly meat and eggs because I really need to go to the store!

Metagirl - I too have a hubby who wants to LC as long as I prepare and spoon feed him every meal. LOL I actually think it was part of what curbed my progress. Sometimes its just too much food thought, if you know what I mean. Make the right foods available and let him do the rest.
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 11:01
Registered Member

Stats: 217/207/175 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi Everyone.....I was happy to see this 72 Atkins group because that is my book of choice to follow. I have that book and the new generation and carb addicts but for some reason I only have success with the original.
I hope its not too late to join I lost 72 lbs 5 years ago and just got off track/had a baby/lost a teenage child/lost my mom/ no excuses for letting my w.o.l go but for an emotional eater it was rough. Im back now and focused ......heres to a healthier 2009