Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-09, 17:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/133/100 Female 5feet4inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

hi im new to this (this is my first ever post) but as we're discussing what's bad and good does anyone have advice for an atkins induction-er re the atkins bars?? iv been doing atkins on and off for years and only ever do induction (as i am atm) but iv just discovered these bars and have found so much conflicting info re if they are safe for induction or not. Ideas and more specifically first hand experience would be great. thanks guys! x
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-09, 17:44
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara86
hi im new to this (this is my first ever post) but as we're discussing what's bad and good does anyone have advice for an atkins induction-er re the atkins bars?? iv been doing atkins on and off for years and only ever do induction (as i am atm) but iv just discovered these bars and have found so much conflicting info re if they are safe for induction or not. Ideas and more specifically first hand experience would be great. thanks guys! x

They are not safe for Induction. You may get differing opinions on this though. If you are sticking with the 2002 DANDR, all those chemicals and other ingredients are not on the acceptable foods list.
  #243   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-09, 19:15
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi, Cara! I posted my answer on the Newbies forum, where you also asked this question.
  #244   ^
Old Sat, May-09-09, 16:06

Plan: was Atkins, now undecided
Stats: 290/290/160 Female 67 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 0%

Any opinions on Julians bread? Taste? Is the carb count real? Seems awfully low!
http://www.julianbakery.com/LOW-CARB-BREAD.html
  #245   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-09, 12:22
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Wow! Where have I been? I didn't know Heinz had a 1 carb ketchup and made with Splenda too! Awesome! I'm gettin' me a bottle now. This would be great to make my own BBQ sauces with.

Just checked Amazon and they have it available. Thanks bunches!

My local Safeway used to carry the Heinz 1 carb ketchup but no longer does. I recently bought 10 bottles of it from Netrition to stock up. Probably once we start running low again, I will bring a bottle to Safeway and see if they can order it for me with the SKU number. Has anyone ever done that? I heard that they can order anything that has a barcode but I don't know if that's true.

--Melissa
  #246   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 15:56

Stats: 285.4/278.2/170 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melibsmile
My local Safeway used to carry the Heinz 1 carb ketchup but no longer does. I recently bought 10 bottles of it from Netrition to stock up. Probably once we start running low again, I will bring a bottle to Safeway and see if they can order it for me with the SKU number. Has anyone ever done that? I heard that they can order anything that has a barcode but I don't know if that's true.

--Melissa

I assume by now you've found that Heinz "Reduced Sugar" ketchup has only one carb as well?

Seems to be the same product...they just changed their marketing.

Sherry
  #247   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 16:41
Absurdtive

Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sChild
I assume by now you've found that Heinz "Reduced Sugar" ketchup has only one carb as well?

Seems to be the same product...they just changed their marketing.

Sherry

I have seen it a couple times, yes. But the Safeway doesn't seem to carry the new version...at least not at the location we normally frequent.

--Melissa
  #248   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 13:02

Stats: 285.4/278.2/170 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 6%

Try Walmart...all of them in my area carry it.

S
  #249   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 315/307/200 Female 70
BF:44.0
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellah
The LC Special K tastes good and I am sorry to see it is in this list of foods....

Agreed. I love it. Looks like it will be my first and last box.
  #250   ^
Old Sat, Oct-17-09, 17:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 150/140.6/130 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT
Any opinions on Julians bread? Taste? Is the carb count real? Seems awfully low!
http://www.julianbakery.com/LOW-CARB-BREAD.html

The Julian low carb bread is the BEST I've ever had, but I have to have it toasted. I don't know about weight loss using it yet though...since I just started using it in my diet. I'm actually looking to see if it is working for anyone in here.

CB
  #251   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-10, 19:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

I miss the Atkins packaged bread
  #252   ^
Old Sun, May-30-10, 09:50
Registered Member

Stats: 200/159.4/135 Female 62 in
BF:29.2
Progress: 62%
Default Mannitol

I bought some "sugar free" Hershey's chocolate chips; then I noted it has 7 grams of carbs and 9 grams of mannitol. I assume that is alcohol sugar; do we count that as carbs?
  #253   ^
Old Sun, May-30-10, 13:10

Plan: was Atkins, now undecided
Stats: 290/290/160 Female 67 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 0%

Mannitol is one o the less-impact SAs. However, every one is different. IMO, see how it affects you. If you are trying to be a purist, you'd count them either way.
  #254   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-11, 01:33

Plan: Low carb, high fat keto
Stats: 310/212/183 Male 6'0"
BF:D
Progress: 77%

Frankly, all so-called "Low Carb" foods are off of my list. There are enough foods which are not labeled that way that taste so much better and are so much more economical that are much lower in carbs.

And watch out for those sugar alcohols. The labels now say "may have a laxative effect" . I think that's putting it mildly.
  #255   ^
Old Fri, May-10-13, 04:47

Plan: Diabetes diet
Stats: 270/248/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Is it REALLY Low Carb???

I'm all for truth in advertising, and I'm not trying to imply anything here; rather, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience I have. You've been careful about your carbs, you're watching what you eat, and you're therefore having to draw a conclusion about a past-preferred diet soda. With the prices of diet drinks soaring, my husband and I have determined to purchase our diet sodas at Kroger, in fact, it's the Kroger brand. Those are substantially less expensive than the Name brand sodas. But, after monitoring my blood sugar (I have diabetes), I'm having to ask around whether anyone else has noticed that, even when they've been "good", for whatever reason, they get up the next day and maybe their blood sugar isn't hauntingly high, but it's higher than it should be for first thing in the morning, especially if you had a practically carb-free meal the evening before (the only carbs were two sliced tomatoes and one thin slice of white onion). And if you didn't eat anything after dinner, and the only thing you had was a Kroger brand diet caffeine-free soda. I'm not trying to hurl accusations here. I'm just wondering if anybody else has tested a bit high after drinking the Kroger brand diet caffeine-free soda. My first-thing-in-the-morning number today was 172--that's WAY too high for someone who's had what I believe I've had to eat and drink. No, there were no extra crackers--in fact, there weren't any crackers at all. No chips, no milk, no fruit. My husband suggested that the sure way to tell would be for me to cut out the Kroger brand diet caffeine-free soda and to have water instead. Thanks for any ideas you might share with me about this.