Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-18-20, 10:35

Plan: General low-carb
Stats: 239/208/175 Female 5" 10"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for checking on me Jeff! I'm doing great - a month after my operation my hip is pretty much normal again. Loving the whole "no pain" thing.

I've lost two more pounds and hope to be in the 100's soonish! I figured out that at the 6 month mark I had lost 37 pounds which puts me at a 6 lbs/month ave. loss. Even though it's slow as molasses to me, it's the snail's pace that's recommended. (Although who among us hasn't wished for a magic wand to just whoosh the pounds away???)

So I'm taking it day by day and trying not to get in too much of a hurry.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 16:15
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/237.2/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi Bronwyn. So happy to hear that you are doing well and that the pain is gone. That's awesome.

And you are doing great at a 6 pound a month average. That's slower than some people, but really, those who make this work and sustainable usually have a loss rate about the same as you. You are doing the right thing by being patient and just letting it work.

And all aboard the train to One-derland. Woot Woot! Keep it up and stay consistent and you will definitely get there!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-10-20, 18:54
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/237.2/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hello Bronwyn.

It's been a few weeks of things being quiet and I'm just checking in to see how you are doing. Hope things are going ok.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-20, 09:40

Plan: General low-carb
Stats: 239/208/175 Female 5" 10"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Jeff!

I've been lurking, but not posting. Back to my old habits! Still going (trudging?) along...super slow weight loss, but it's still loss! Just about 20 pounds to go now, I've hit Onederland. Yay me!

Been giving myself mini-talks to keep motivated. I know from past experience, it will be tough to take off that last 10. (So I'm borrowing trouble and looking ahead - lol) I'm looking good (looking forward to looking even better) and my numbers health-wise have vastly improved. I know I've got the mental muscle to do another 10...just waffling on my final goal.

Then again, maintaining is going to look a lot like losing as far as food choices go, so I may be experiencing a "seven-month itch" as far as a WOE change. With winter here (which means gales and rain here in SE Alaska) and Covid confinement, I'm reallllllly itching to do some experimental baking with alternative flours and no-cal sweetener. BUT, I know for me that eating that way will make me stall indefinitely so I'm putting it off until I've reached my goal.

I've decided, though, that not being able to be in large crowds or with family for the holidays may be a godsend for me. The only things I will be tempted with will be things I make myself...and if I don't make it, I can't eat it!

Thanks again for checking - I'd post more but not sure where such musings would go, so I appreciete the opportunity to talk!

All the best - Bron
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Nov-15-20, 06:23
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hey there.. if you're ready, come join me in this long standing challenge. I just got back to the forum and like you put so much weight on! time to change that!

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...3&page=47&pp=30