Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2101   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 09:22

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Yup- The sun is out!!!!!! Saturday Morning about 9

Trig- Sorry you were "feeling it" yesterday. I was sorta that way too. I am just not READY for cold and blustery! Oh that rain yesterday OMG- Pelted is the right word! It hammered the townhouse here! I thought it was coming through the walls! Gray all day and COLD.
I can't believe you "let" the kiddo talk you out of a beach trip for mountains and "snow"- urghhhhhhhh. Meh I guess you gotta give sometimes. Better to take the beach when a tad warmer. Nah...... I will take it ANYTIME!

Yes, we all could do a massive binge as if it's our last dinner! Trust me on that. That is why we all came about! Although we ended up as friends- FOOD brought us here because it was hard on our own. I know I reached the end of my binging rope and wanted accountability! Thankfully this is a safe place to get it.

I really know that when we do go off the rails we never get "lost" because we come back here. I also think that you are right that CHANGE in lifestyle, habits, eating changes too. You did not become Carnivore over night. It was a process we all watched. I remember you were trying this and that- and nothing seemed to stick, until Carnivore. Then you hit your sweet spot. It is a perfect fit! Maybe you were just "ready" at this time of your life and it's very simple!

You have done that life style well- it suits you. Let me speak for me, I know that what worked well when I lost all that weight before, fish and veggie is not working for me now. I have a taste more for beef. Back "then" I never ate red meat, and I was lower fat. That does not work for me now. I love my steak, and bacon is natures candy!!!
So yea I am tweaking and tightening. Remember what Al Roker said- "I am one hamburger and French fry away from gaining back all my weight". He really gets it, all of us do!
Ok enough rambling on food!

Well- yea......I do have KING DADDY crab legs in my freezer! I got a box of those when I was gifted with that money to buy food. So a box of King Crab hit my freezer as well as 5 tenderloins, and pounds and pounds of hamburger. I am still eating on.
Trust me when those bad boys are gone- this Wall Street babe still will not have them! HAHA

Lori- - yup I say the word hamstring and it rears it's ugly head! URGHHHHH- I only brought it up because I "feel" my PF when I do alot of walking.
I really need a plan for it before I hit up St. Simon as that is where I got hurt with it- beach walking.
Good on you to have a massage therapist to see! They are shutting all that down again here. Just as an FYI............

Your tenderloin sounds amazing. You said you shop at like 6/7 am- is anyone in the store at that time?!?!?!? You are one early bird!!!

I bet you are getting rain today that hit us yesterday day. You and Nic both!!!

Nic- I am imagining you are burning up your Kindle!!! Maybe one of these days I will get one. I just love holding a book. However, with the way I bounce around I don't like toting them around! So I may have to concede.

How is everyone in the Nic household? Do you all have to be "retested"? Are you the one to run interference and bring stuff to everyone? Urghhhhhh- how does that work?
Girl I feel for ya! Fingers crossed you all skate by. Lordy knows you and the hubby can't afford to get "IT". None of us can!
How is DS doing? Is he feeling better?

I agree that it is great that you have the rest of the year off to regroup. It is too stressful to deal with all of that at this time! Hard enough having a houseful back under your wings!

Don't forget to take care of you! Even the flight attendants tell ya to put on your oxygen first. I guess that wasn't the best metaphor!!! sighhhhh- oh well you get it! I just couldn't think of anything snazzier.

Blue- we can remove that DOT now! - Urghhhhhh on you and hubby in different parts of an apt! I bet that went over well.....NOT..... -
I am however so relieved that the test came back neg! A fever isn't ALWAYS presenting with COVID, so it sorta sucks your hubby now has to go back.
Maybe he can wait till Spring!

I bet you have had a beautiful Fall up there!!!!! It has been for the most part lovely here too! I am not ready for cold- no way!
I agree I think those days of sitting outside and chatting up friends and neighbors is over, for awhile anyway.
I be you have your tree up and your patio decorated up so pretty. Even if you aren't seeing your son (good thing, and agree), it is still nice to decorate!

So I am hoping all is well with him and he is settled. It is a rough rough time for these "kids". Well for lots and lots of people especially in the hospitality industry. I am hopeful that we will be like the roaring 40's when this THING is over! It will be one huge get out and dance kind of gig! Stores and entertainment will be crowded and people will be light!
I know you will get the reference to the Roaring 40's that came after the Flu/and depression of the 20-30's. We will get back on our feet again.

It is interesting to think about what our new "normal" will look like. It don't think it can be the same. It has changed the way we do business I think forever. It's not all bad either.
Speaking of...... are you done "writing"? How is that going?

You have been missed and we are glad you are back! Short or long- put your dot down. Your hiatus is OVER!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I know you all saw the email I sent. No need truly to respond. Just that I wanted you to understand the back story to my week.

Moving on.... Yes I agree that St. Simon for me is magical. I can't think of a better place to hibernate than in drappy moss oak trees, and the beach. Remember I was one that walked the Boardwalk in DEC. in Delaware!!!! Talk about howling winds and cold off the water!!! YIKES.

I have NEVER experienced wind like I did there. It is normal. I see how they get those Noreasterns all the time! The winds just blow there.
Those people there are sturdy people. I do miss that crab cake restaurant that was down at the end of the block! Happy hour 2 times a week= 2 crab cakes, 1 wine= 10 dollars out the door. They knew how to make them too! I would get some to go as well. They make them Maryland style. They use mayo and egg as a binder- little to zero breading.

Yup- had a great visit with the kids/littles this week. OMG always outta the mouth of babes. I just adore the innocence of kids! So "lil bit" wanted held by her Gigi. She she is tracing her fingers all over my face- ya I know yuck. But she is whispering in my ear too. She says "someday I will be a big girl" I will have a puppy, a bra, and a car."- YUP that's MY GIRL!!!! Sounds like a plan I say!!!
Goodness they do the heart wonders!

We are being very careful with our get togethers. The kids don't take the littles into stores, play dates, anything really. Everything has been just hiking outdoors. My DD has to be careful with the youngest as she is a preemie. So they "get it".

So as long as they all stay healthy I will see them next week. I will meet them in the botanical gardens. It is supposed to get "warm" 50's again and sunshine next week.

Today I will walk with pup after it warms up a bit. She needs to move that hip. I need to move mine!!! HAHAHAHAH

Today is salmon, and shrimp. I have jumbo shrimp I am eating my way through, and slaw if wanted. I end up tossing so many bags of slaw I just don't eat. So today is an eat it or lose it. Also I notice that is it smells funny I toss it. I am so funny about that.

I have a Zoom interview with the company that FINALLY got back with me. I will be "presentable" = not in PJ's and hair in messy bun. I might even put on earrings! HA, lipstick of course.
It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

I am not meaning to be funny or conceited- but I am so over qualified for this position, I could do it in my sleep. That doesn't mean however I won't consider it. It would just be so boring and unchallenging. I will keep an open mind! But I will tell ya the pay has to be there. I looked up their pay scale.
I surely hope they aren't insulting. I get it though- their are so many people out of work all together that we are in different time. If I want big $$$ I have to go back to the facilities. They are paying the bucks.

Anyway, took back 90% of what came from Amazon yesterday to Kohls. I was surprised to see so many people "shopping". I wore my N95 just in case and was glad I did. Who goes out SHOPPING?!?!? I mean seriously.............
I got in and straight out the door- touching nothing. They had a line to buy STUFF wrapped around the isle. OMG NO WAY......

Ok- done with my ramble. Today I am on track. You know..... What TRIG said....EVERYDAY we must make that effort. Everyday!
Yesterday was yesterday- Today is a fresh new beginning. The sun does come out!
Sponsored Links
  #2102   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 09:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

NOTE- The above post took so long to post I thought I would lose it. I am wondering as much as I would LOVE to start fresh 2021- with new post if we shouldn't start a new thread. Maybe we could just do a "little one" until Jan?

Thoughts?
BTW- I went back to the beginning of this thread that Started Jan. 2020- and started reading. Made my way through March and had to stop.
I will not shed any tears to let 2020 be in my review mirror.
Has anyone re-read this thread? Truly it is book material. One for the history books! A tale of 5 ladies from all over the country in different walks of life that all get hit with the same issues. How we handled it, how we live, adjusted, travel, coped.

I want the script rights!!!! HAHAHAHAAH-
But I am fine with struggling it out until Jan. We only have 3 weeks or so?
I would suggest though we copy and paste incase it's lost if we wait.
I will go along with whatever.
  #2103   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 10:59

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Decided to take today off from walking. My hamstring is requesting a break. Not to mention that it is cloudy with a biting, cold wind. Ugh. Perfectly happy here under my fuzzy blanket.

Trip to the grocery was uneventful. Basically no one there. Perfect. Got everything on my list and was outta there by 7. Went to see Betty, made her some toast & other stuff she needs for the day, washed up some dishes for her & then came home to crawl back under my blanket. Brrr!

We're getting take out from somewhere for dinner. Been cooking every night and I'm over it. I'm waiting till around 1 to eat anything today. I did have a couple splashes of cream & a shot of MCT oil in my last cup of coffee to help me stave off some hunger pangs. I'm experimenting with this eating window for a few weeks and see if I make any progress. I may combine it with the Every Other Day diet at some point this winter....we'll see.

Be well everyone!
  #2104   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 19:20

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all. Quicky tonight.

Jaz--"I will have a puppy, a bra and a car." Yep, that about sums it up in Girl Town LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Seriously, to this day, if I have a puppy, a bra and a car I figure I'm swingin' it.

Yes, we have had an awesome fall. Our November has been gorgeous. Little bit of snow in early Nov. but then it melted fast and we have had none since. Sunny days, and from mid morning to sun down, quite temperate. Lovely.

Trig---So wow, this will be a different kind of trip for you, but I think it sounds fun and festive. Thing is you gotta DRESS FOR IT. OMG, when I was younger and always off somewhere in the winter and impatient to get there, I'd leave the house, with a skimpy jacket flying open no scarf or hat, slip sliding pretty shoes, ad then I'd scream how freaking cold it was. But then you know this as you've lived in the Northland. So don't forget it---pack up warm stuff for you and the kiddo. I'm betting hunter hubby knows how to do it right.

Lori---UGH, hamstring pain/discomfort sucks. In my experience, you are doing the only thing that makes them better---staying off them. Not entirely of course, but a bit a day gives room to heal without further damage. Oh man, when I was working out I too often refused to be patient and let that happen and made it worse on several occasions. LOL, those were the days when I thought my body was supposed to listen to me, instead of the other way around.

Nic---How's it goin' honey? "Family Quarantine," sounds like a Chevy Chase movie doesn't it? When you catch a minute I'd love to hear how you're handling it. You our queen of common sense, so I'm thinking you've got everything pretty much wrangled. Hope your son is still showing few symptoms and before you blink, this will be past.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quickie for me tonight, dinner is almost ready and we have a new series picked out.

On that note---have any of you guys watched the series Anne with an E? It is the video series of "Anne of Green Gables." I CANNOT recommend it enough. It is like being read a story from long ago and far away that just takes your worries and woes and pushes them to the storage room in your brain. The actors are amazing and the scenery of Prince Edward Island alone is worth the price of admission.

3 seasons, and once once you get started, you binge through it in no time and enjoy every minute of it.

Also, for those of you who have been watching it, the new season of the Crown is SO good. Gets into the time of Charles and Diana---such a very sad story, that.

Tonight we might start "Last Tango in Halifax" which comes highly recommended by many of our pals.

Heh, whenever someone says to me "we cut the cord," or "we hardly ever watch TV," I say "really? Because TV is our temple, LOL. Particularly in these times, but also I think TV has never been better!
  #2105   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 19:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all. Quicky tonight.

Jaz--"I will have a puppy, a bra and a car." Yep, that about sums it up in Girl Town LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Seriously, to this day, if I have a puppy, a bra and a car I figure I'm swingin' it.

Yes, we have had an awesome fall. Our November has been gorgeous. Little bit of snow in early Nov. but then it melted fast and we have had none since. Sunny days, and from mid morning to sun down, quite temperate. Lovely.

Trig---So wow, this will be a different kind of trip for you, but I think it sounds fun and festive. Thing is you gotta DRESS FOR IT. OMG, when I was younger and always off somewhere in the winter and impatient to get there, I'd leave the house, with a skimpy jacket flying open no scarf or hat, slip sliding pretty shoes, ad then I'd scream how freaking cold it was. But then you know this as you've lived in the Northland. So don't forget it---pack up warm stuff for you and the kiddo. I'm betting hunter hubby knows how to do it right.

Lori---UGH, hamstring pain/discomfort sucks. In my experience, you are doing the only thing that makes them better---staying off them. Not entirely of course, but a bit a day gives room to heal without further damage. Oh man, when I was working out I too often refused to be patient and let that happen and made it worse on several occasions. LOL, those were the days when I thought my body was supposed to listen to me, instead of the other way around.

Nic---How's it goin' honey? "Family Quarantine," sounds like a Chevy Chase movie doesn't it? When you catch a minute I'd love to hear how you're handling it. You our queen of common sense, so I'm thinking you've got everything pretty much wrangled. Hope your son is still showing few symptoms and before you blink, this will be past.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quickie for me tonight, dinner is almost ready and we have a new series picked out.

On that note---have any of you guys watched the series Anne with an E? It is the video series of "Anne of Green Gables." I CANNOT recommend it enough. It is like being read a story from long ago and far away that just takes your worries and woes and pushes them to the storage room in your brain. The actors are amazing and the scenery of Prince Edward Island alone is worth the price of admission.

3 seasons, and once once you get started, you binge through it in no time and enjoy every minute of it.

Also, for those of you who have been watching it, the new season of the Crown is SO good. Gets into the time of Charles and Diana---such a very sad story, that.

Tonight we might start "Last Tango in Halifax" which comes highly recommended by many of our pals.

Heh, whenever someone says to me "we cut the cord," or "we hardly ever watch TV," I say "really? Because TV is our temple, LOL. Particularly in these times, but also I think TV has never been better!
  #2106   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 20:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Blue, it was so nice to have you post again, Sweetie! I know we were all glad to hear your voice around here, just as you felt catching up with us.

Yes, DS22 had a nose swab. I thought they were all nose swabs. That's all we've ever been offered around here.

Really glad your hubby is okay and that you are too. I do get what you mean about some people maybe being more susceptible than others. My Mom tends to get viruses more easily and gets hit harder by them than most.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs over not seeing your sweet son. My heart hurts for you. When did you last see him? I think it was after this started so maybe June or something? May? I remember he was studying a lot. I knew he loves his parents but his comment was super sweet.

Lori- Filet has become my favorite later, usurping ribeye. The dogs hate that I am into filet right now bc there are NO scraps for them, or fatty pieces. I eat every bite!

It's good that your DH is getting out while he can. You guys will have plenty of togetherness this winter I'm sure!

I am really sorry that your hamstring is still bothering you. Do you think taking walks is helping it or not helping it, or neutral? I see now that you posted again and I hadn't seen it. Glad you decided to give your hammie a rest.

Trig- No boozy drink? Feeling blah? There's a long, cold winter ahead, Girlfriend. How can we help to buoy you up?

Glad you are holding solid on your ZC plan and feeling so centered. That is a real gift you have given yourself!

Jaz et al- I have never had Wendy's chili. What is so great about it?

OMG Jaz that story about Lil A and what she said to you about being grown up is PRECIOUS. Just ADORABLE.

So are you still buying your kids towels? You could order some online from somewhere like Macy's and get good ones, probably for pretty cheap with discounts and such.

Is your interview on Monday?

•••••••••••

We had rain alllllll day yesterday too. Wasn't supposed to be that way but it was anyway. I think we got an inch and a half or something like that? Oh well, we probably needed it. Sure did make for a gray day.

DH got the Xmas lights up outside today. They look so pretty!

I made homemade chicken soup for us today. Made homemade broth, roasted chicken quarters and then picked the meat and cooked the broth again with the bones and drippings. It is really good. The boys and I had some of it and there is plenty left to go. I figured it would be good for my boy.

Speaking of, he is still doing fine but not as great as he was. No temp, pulse ox is great but feeling some fatigue today and a little heaviness in his chest. No coughing, chills etc. So still mild and what is to be expected from a virus or even a cold, but because it is C19 I am watching him (well, not really watching him, which makes this more challenging, bc he is in his room and I'm not) closely. If this were just a regular virus I wouldn't really be thinking much of it, frankly.

He is eating though, drinking, sleeping and apparently wrote a paper today and has been doing school stuff. Hasn't wanted or needed Tylenol or Advil or anything like that. I'm sorry he didn't stay symptom free though. I was hoping for that for him.

Since we all tested negative (DH, DD, SoIL, DS18) I have now let DH and DS18 use the house. NOT DS22! But I have a big thing of Purell that they have to use to enter the kitchen and I am having Dh stay in the guest room for a couple of more nights, just to be sure. I Lysol our shared bathroom and clean the kitchen a couple of times a day.

I am doing the food and such for DS22. I feel like I have a system down to prevent cross contamination and stuff, you know? Dh would just bring something down and put it on the counter or something. Not on purpose, just not thinking. Plus as a Mom there is something very primal about wanting to feed and care for your young when they are not up to snuff. It makes me feel like I am in touch with him and doing something for him. Nurturing from afar, so to speak.

We had our first grocery delivery and it worked out pretty well. It is nice that is an option. We were on our last milk and the men wanted more!

That's about it from here. I took a late dinner up to DS (homemade chili and two pieces of toast, Gatorade and Sprite), double masked myself, stood in another room and was able to lay eyes on him and chat with him for a minute (he was also masked.) He looks and sounds pretty darn good. I really hope that continues. I have definitely seen him look much sicker even with a bad cold. Send out good healing vibes to him, ladies!
  #2107   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 20:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue. I missed your post! I am so very happy to see you back.

I know Jaz raved about Anne with an E. She loved it.

I'm currently watching The Great American Baking Show- Holiday Edition on Hulu. I always love those shows!

BTW Folks I think we should start a new thread. Mine is definitely getting hung up and slow to post.

I can do it or someone else can. Doesn't matter to me.
  #2108   ^
Old Sun, Dec-06-20, 04:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I started a new thread! Here's the link:

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...056#post9391056