Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 09:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/171/154 Male 173
BF:
Progress: 51%

Well i read the atkins books, but i'm using afew low carb items to help me get through induction, cos i can't live on salad and water for every meal.

Eg, i'm having diet coke (1 a can day max.), LC tortilla wraps ( every other day, in my packed lunch), and pork scratchings (nearly everyday, cos i love em ) which are all not really allowed on atkins induction. and i'm still loseing weight.

I'm only on 10 days in though.

I guess i'm just doing low-carb then as i'm not strickly sticking to atkins methods.

I think i'd rather get by, by losing a small amount of weight and enjoying it. rather than loosing lots of weight and feel i'm missing out.

E.g. if a night out to the pub was aranged, i would go and just excpect to lose no weight for a few days or a week.

I wouldn't go back to my old ways now even after 10 days in.

When i'm thirsty now, i want water, whereas 2 weeks ago i would want fizzy pop.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 09:15
Slightly foxed

Plan: Take over the world,Pinky
Stats: 284/275/224 Male 5'7"
BF:No, I'm straight
Progress: 15%

Quote:
When i'm thirsty now, i want water, whereas 2 weeks ago i would want fizzy pop.

Funny thing, when I started out over a year ago, when I was thirsty I wanted beer and now I still want beer. It's a funny old world.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 15:49

Stats: 201/154/140 Female 5ft4inches
BF:yes it is
Progress: 77%

LOL Ian.

I recommend if you have a night out having spirits with a diet mixer, it's the lesser of evils. I'm a girly so I have gin and slim line tonic, not carb free but not bad but if you like vodka you could mix that with diet coke, diet lemonade is notoriously hard to find when out but great if your drinking at home. Whiskey and lemonade?

Who mentioned the LC cider? I love cider, where and how much? I can almost taste it now....

I'm looking forward to LC shandy in the summer in the garden too.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 16:44

Stats: 140/130/110 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress:

I have not tried the slim fast ..howerver..the advantage. shakes and bars are GREATTTTTTTT...I only eat atkins products...because I like them doing the math... #of NET CARBS.. easy and delicious... the morning start cereal is great too... even for dinner...mmmmmm...
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 14:09

Stats: 201/154/140 Female 5ft4inches
BF:yes it is

I don't mind the advantage bars the hazelnut one is ok, but I tried a shake and nearly threw up it was thick and eew yuck just remembering it now makes me want to vomit, but each to their own and I must add before LC I was a bit of a choc shake addict so am really on the hunt for a GOOD alternative.

I am cheesed off at the prices of all these things however. We really get stung on these things.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 14:19

Plan: Whatever Works :-)
Stats: 242/234/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 12%

I don't know if some one has already posted this, but I've seen slim-fast low carb shakes that are made with splenda I've had chocolate and vanilla and they are pretty good.. I'm using those while on phase one of South Beach.... I'm not sure if they offer them in the UK yet.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/168/160 Male 69in
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hev
I don't mind the advantage bars the hazelnut one is ok, but I tried a shake and nearly threw up it was thick and eew yuck

Are you sure it was an ATKINS-branded RTD shake (as opposed to just a low-carb one by some other company?).

I personally find the Atkins RTD shakes among the best-tasting LC product available (especially chilled), not just shakes. In fact, I think that NON-LC people could easily find them good-tasting... Other brands, I am not so sure.

... on the other hand, the powdered version of Atkins shakes does not seem to taste as well once you make it at home.... and in order for you to enjoy an Advantage bar, you really have to be a Low-carber, in my opinion.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 11:39

Plan: Atkins(maintenance)
Stats: 154/128/128 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

superdrug have Slimfast lowcal lowcarb soup as well, but was out of stock today so I haven't tried it. The bars are on special offer there too, great chewy bars but gave me a case of the polyols, It was worth it to have a guilt free filling snack !!!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 18:46
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjack
LC Cider and LC Lager, I can't wait for the next time I go into a pub and hear some one ask for a low carb snakebite! The bar staff won't know what hit them!

wow snakebite I havent had one of them for years!!! we used to have it wth blackcurrant and call it diesel!!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 18:48
Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hev
I don't mind the advantage bars the hazelnut one is ok, but I tried a shake and nearly threw up it was thick and eew yuck just remembering it now makes me want to vomit, but each to their own and I must add before LC I was a bit of a choc shake addict so am really on the hunt for a GOOD alternative.

I am cheesed off at the prices of all these things however. We really get stung on these things.

Oh poor you, I quite liked it but preffered the strawberry one, although I can never manage a full one!!

Ps how are you long time no see!!

love
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 18:49
Yo-Yo

all this talk of booze I need a drink!!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 14:42

Plan: atkins and low carb in ge
Stats: 175/153/145 Male 162
BF:
Progress: 73%

i love the link, free bars and it tastes nice aswell. does anyone know if these are the same size as those from boots?
cheers
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 16:58

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:

I recently tried the chocolate one and it was pretty good Tesco is selling them at 99p, which is a lot cheaper than the Advantage shakes or even than Tesco's own brand low carb protein shakes at £1.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPhat
I don't know if some one has already posted this, but I've seen slim-fast low carb shakes that are made with splenda I've had chocolate and vanilla and they are pretty good.. I'm using those while on phase one of South Beach.... I'm not sure if they offer them in the UK yet.