Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-19, 20:16

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default 50 Net Grams/Day?

Anyone eat about this much? Were you starving in the beginning? I have been eating all day long (first day).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 08:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I always stay around 50-60 g total carbs and <42 g NC carbs a day and do well there. Everyone's different. You won't starve if you eat enough fat and protein foods (ideally in combination) to feel full. Atkins wasn't designed for starvation although in the beginning it may take a while for you to get a handle on what, how much and how often you eat to find your ideal levels and routines.

Last edited by barb712 : Wed, Jun-26-19 at 07:49.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 09:32

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I can't do more than 20 carbs per day. More than that I gain. We are all different. Some are luckier than me.

Bob
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 09:51

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I too would gain weight on 50 net a day. 20 is about my maximum.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 11:54

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendora
Anyone eat about this much? Were you starving in the beginning? I have been eating all day long (first day).

If you're cutting back to 50g from a standard American diet, this is a huge change. Your body is searching for its typical sugar/carb energy source and not finding it, so its signaling to you that it needs food. This happens to a lot of people. Just keep eating protein and fat and stick to the carb limits on your plan. Don't worry about it for the first week or two.

As you go forward, try to eat a lot at meals so you can cut back on "on day long" snacking. Even if you're making low carb choices, this can keep spiking your insulin, which you want to avoid.

First day--you're doing great!

Last edited by CityGirl8 : Wed, Jun-26-19 at 09:49.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 13:38

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

I started at 100g net carbs, then drifted down to around 50g and stayed there for a bit. During the process I also significantly upped my fat intake and had no issues with hunger-in fact I had a significant reduction in appetite. Now I'm usually under 20g carbs a day and have had the same outcome with the reduced appetite, so for me I think the higher fat intake has been key for appetite control.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 19:45

Plan: Primal/IF
Stats: 220/165/176 Female 5'10"
BF:~40%/26.3%/29%
Progress: 125%

I eat around 50g to 70g of carbs a day. I was hungry the first week or two and then it subsided. I rarely feel really hungry now and am still slowly losing. For me I think it is a great long term sustainable carb point.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 22:55

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thanks, everyone, I appreciate it!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 15:58

Plan: keto <50 net carbs
Stats: 183/163/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 47%

I eat <50 net carbs per day and <20 per meal. Half the time I get <30 by accident, it just depends what I'm doing that day and if I indulge in bedtime chocolate or not (85% dark chocolate). I eat meat, but not a ton so this lets me have some hummus, black beans, and higher carb veggies and be satisfied with the variety.

When I tried <20/day in the past I found myself eating a lot of cheese, not enough vegetables, and creating a lot of anxiety for myself trying to count every little carb in everything. So in the long run I find this more sustainable and healthier in a lot of ways.

For me personally I don't have a problem losing this way so I'll keep going as long as it works. I certainly forsee the possibility of someday needing to keep closer tabs on my carb counts if weight loss slows or stalls, but for now it's working and I suppose I'll just be grateful for that!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 17:45

BF:

I wish I could eat that many carbs and even just maintain. I'm glad it's working for you. We're all different that way.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-19, 08:14

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

I'm trying to find my carb losing number. I can't do keto under 20 grams. I get insomnia and anxiety attacks. I'm trying out 35 right now, may have to go higher to 40. The more you are active and exercise the more carbs you can get away with so I keep trying to get my exercise in daily..
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-19, 07:27
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I'm experimenting with my carb level too. I like being able to have more variety. 50 net carbs or so seems to be my sweet spot so far. Mayflower, I don't feel good on 20 either. Poor sleep and I just don't feel "right."
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-19, 17:30

BF:

I'm jealous, I can't do more than 20/day without gaining. It's the only way I can stay in ketosis.

Bob
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-19, 19:57

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
I'm trying to find my carb losing number. I can't do keto under 20 grams. I get insomnia and anxiety attacks. I'm trying out 35 right now, may have to go higher to 40. The more you are active and exercise the more carbs you can get away with so I keep trying to get my exercise in daily..

You might put the majority of carbs in your last meal of the day to reduce insomnia issues.