Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 15:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins,candidia
Stats: 145/135/125 Male 5feet3
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default A Maryland newbie

Glad you all are here, I have a question about splenda and yeast , does anyone know if splenda feeds yeast on not. rocks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Candida friendly
Stats: 215/210/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I am told it does. Here is my story on how it affected me.

I was low carbing for over a year and didnt loose much weight. I mean, a few pounds here and there. I found out that I had severe that was wide spread all over my body. My doc, who is a true believer in how Candida can destroy your life and body, put me on a supplements to help my body get rid of the Candida and Nystatin. After a few weeks I shared with her that I wasnt doing so well still. She went over foods and low and behold the Splenda was still in it. She said Splenda is still a sugar but different in make up but it still feeds yeast. I went off of it and just stuck to Stevia. After about 10 days I started to feel somewhat better. After 30 I was really feeling like a "normal" person. I have not has any sugar for about 4 months now and I am really feeling like my life is coming back! I am still having some problems here and there but if I had to give you a percent of how much I feel better from July until now I will say 60%. Just with staying off of sugar, following a strict low carb(meat/veg, with some low carb home-made goodies), and supplementations I am on my way to recovery!

Hope this helps
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 09:13
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Thanks carol R

I know I could find some help here, THANKS so much for your reply Carol R. Sounds like you have had a big mess in your life due to the yeast. I have been fighting these things for years unknowingly till just a fue months ago a doctor over by jhon hopkins hospitial hooked me up with a plan and some nystatin/diflucan, some days I fell good some days I don't, Seems like I have lots of die offs to deal with, even after 7 months on the doctors plan and all the best supplements, way to much stress I guess, don't fell like working much anymore(some depression) Being a single dad of two girls and self empoyled has been a trip and then these yeast kicked in full force to about finish me off , but I am still here standing. thanks so much agin for your help . I thought the splenda was to good to be true. Were can I get choc. made with stevia rocks
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 09:19
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol R
I am told it does. Here is my story on how it affected me.

I was low carbing for over a year and didnt loose much weight. I mean, a few pounds here and there. I found out that I had severe that was wide spread all over my body. My doc, who is a true believer in how Candida can destroy your life and body, put me on a supplements to help my body get rid of the Candida and Nystatin. After a few weeks I shared with her that I wasnt doing so well still. She went over foods and low and behold the Splenda was still in it. She said Splenda is still a sugar but different in make up but it still feeds yeast. I went off of it and just stuck to Stevia. After about 10 days I started to feel somewhat better. After 30 I was really feeling like a "normal" person. I have not has any sugar for about 4 months now and I am really feeling like my life is coming back! I am still having some problems here and there but if I had to give you a percent of how much I feel better from July until now I will say 60%. Just with staying off of sugar, following a strict low carb(meat/veg, with some low carb home-made goodies), and supplementations I am on my way to recovery!

Hope this helps
thanks Carol R
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Candida friendly
Stats: 215/210/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Ahhhh stevia chocolate! Yumm yumm! I make all my chocolate at home. I dont think it is sold made with stevia due to the way the shelf life would be. Of course I could be wrong and just not seeing it at my health food stores.

How do you do with coconut and its oil? Have you used it before? I make mine with virgin coconut oil(not cheap), coco powder, stevia plus, Kal stevia, pinch of salt, some nut butter and I will add minced nuts to added texture. I cant post right now on exacts but will certainly give you all you need later today, tonight or tomorrow. I being lazy right now and need to get showered, wash ect done and then go for dinner later. Not staying out tonight, dont like to so maybe I can get back on later tonight. Also...what food eating plan are you doing? I would love to help you if you would like.

Blessings
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 14:58
Registered Member

BF:
Smile yum yum I Can Feed My Sweet TOOTH

Praize the lord for carol R, I can't wait to here from you later. I just bought a 16 oz jar of stevia so I don't need to pick up to much more. I think the kids and I will make some chocolate soon. thank you very much for sharing all the cool stuff, I am really going to enjoy it. (and I'm sure my children will too) guess I'll talk to you later, bye for now!

Ps. Hope you have a happy new year & I will take all the help I can get GEEEE EEE thanks, I know lots of cool stuff you might want to know as well , my best friend has a Health food store here in Maryland Thanks, Rocks

Last edited by rocks101 : Sat, Jan-01-05 at 12:54. Reason: toadd