Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Plan comparison
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 01:50

Plan: Hit & Miss
Stats: 227/227/182 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress:
Question Eat Fat Stay Thin

Hi, I am new to LC dieting. By mistake the other day I took in a lot more fat than usual by frying in butter, eating herring fried in butter, cheese omelet fried in butter. lots of double cream etc etc. I am also taking Udo's oil 3 times a day for arthritis in my knee.

But eating all this butter, cream and oil the next day I had lost 4lbs in weight. Eating all that rich fat made me feel sick but it was worth it to loose the weight.

Has anyone else experienced the Eat Fat Get Thin thing? And is this LC or something different. Am I getting the two things mixed up?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 02:19
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hullo Sunnybee,

Welcome to our forum.

Yes, Eat Fat, Get Thin is definitely low carb. It's just not as low as Atkins, permitting up to 60g carbs daily.

I would suggest you choose one particular plan, and stick with it, at least for the first few months. Eat Fat, Get Thin doesn't necessarily mean you have to go overboard with fat, just that you don't need to be afraid to eat it.

I wish you every success!

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 02:25
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hiya, there is a specific diet which encourages you to eat 80% fat 15% carbs and the rest protein. Basically it is thought that the more fat you eat the less protein you should eat. Protien is meant to turn to glucose in some people if eaten in large quantities.
BUT I went on this plan for a month, and although I lost 6lb in that time, I felt bloated and sick all of the time.

I think the perfect ballance is to eat atkins levels of carbs (20 if you're on induction and 30 - 40 if on OWL) and then make sure you are not afraid of fats. Use them libberally - but don't over do them. I find this works best for me.

Good luck in your weight loss quest - and great news on the 4lbs! Whatever is working for you at the time is great!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 04:48

Plan: Hit & Miss
Stats: 227/227/182 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress:

Gee, Thanks for such a quick response. Its so good to find other people who are trying to loose weight too. I have recently been doing Weight Watchers which I have to say drove me mad. I'd loose a 1lb put on two etc. I am just so willing to try something else.