Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-01, 13:00

Plan: Low Carb Whatever?
Stats: 263/230/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Hi All
Just to let you know that Shoppers Drug Mart here in Edmonton is now carrying Ross's chocolate bars and in all the flavors such as Orange, Strawberry, Mint, Peanut, Dark, and Deluxe chocolate .... each only 3 carbs per bar.... My personal favorite is the Orange Delight as it reminds me of those orange "smack it" balls Each bar is 1.49 not bad for Canada!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-01, 21:34
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

They're getting very popular, and at $1.49!! Hmm, now I'm wondering if Bob Ross will come up with some funny ads like carb solutions (the one with the devils)

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Dang,

wish they were here in our Shoppers.

I Will be calling the Ross's through the week. Would love to try them due to my chocolate cravings. Everything else is ok, except this..grrrrrr

Wendy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 15:00

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

I e-mailed "Sweet Choices Distributing" to see if they would tell me where we could buy "Ross Chocolate" through retailers.... I didn't get a response. I'm not sure why manufacturers/distributors would not want to readily supply this information.

Hopefully, #1Wendy will have more luck with Mr. Ross. I know last summer there was only one or two distributors in Ontario, but I thought by now there would be more, and the bars would be more accessible.

Something like the "Caramilk" mystery...............
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 21:16

Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%

Wendy

You can get other chocolate in Ontario that is probably just as good as the Ross bars. Maybe not as much variety but believe me, it's good enough! The only reason Ross bars appear to be lower in carbs is because they subtract the maltitol grams. Some that are available in Ontario are Cavalier (at most drug stores, bulk barn),
there are new ones by Russel Stover, they come in little bags - mini peanut butter cups, caramel, truffles. pecan-caramel clusters (Walmart, IDA drug store), there are others called chocomania, sorbee, another one I can't remember the name of, but they're not as good as the Cavalier ones. Also if you have any candy / chocolate stores near you check them, we have a little store here called Adventures in Chocolate and they have a pretty good assortment of sugar free chocolate. Even Laura Secord has some sugar free chocolates. Look around, you may be surprised by what you find!

Let us know if you find out anything about the Ross bars though.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 21:20
Forum Founder

Deirdre, you know where good things are! Please update our ON shopping section with all the missing finds. I'm a bit lazy updating those addies, but they all get updated eventually

TIA,

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 21:25

BF:

hmm, I wondered about that when I was reading threads in Stores/Shopping etc. Noticed about Laura Secord too.

Thanks, yes I will look around especially with all the new information you have given me Which is very much appreciated!

I still plan to call the Ross's as I would like to connect with some contacts. Don't know if you have read, but Wendy is having some major brain storms and looking forward to her future

Wendy

Anyone having trouble with the spell check lately? Seems to want to stay at load only for me. Gosh, do I ever need it...LOL
Especially with the word excercise.....hehehehe...trouble doing it, trouble spelling it.....hehehe
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 21:31

BF:

Oh and yes like Wa'il has asked, please do that as that is where I went and found out about Laura Secord. Sorry Wa'il I must have been typing my post as I didn't see yours

Wendy
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 21:36
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by numberonewendy

Anyone having trouble with the spell check lately? Seems to want to stay at load only for me. Gosh, do I ever need it...LOL
Especially with the word excercise.....hehehehe...trouble doing it, trouble spelling it.....hehehe

Yes, the spell checking service has been too slow and unreliable. If it stays this bad, I'll take it off and look for something better.

Wa'il
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 21:48

BF:

Oh thank goodness. Hate to post and then see all the mistakes. Gosh then I would have to search for a dictionary....hehehe....

I just noticed it happening today Wa'il, other wise it has been rather good....not sure why it has slowed down today tho?

Wendy
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 22:09

Plan: Low Carb Whatever?
Stats: 263/230/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Sorry to hear you couldn't find the Ross's chocolate bars at your Shoppers.. Since I was at Shoppers this evening and noticed they were out of the Orange... I asked?? ..... I was told that all I had to do was phone in during day hours and ask them to order some more and so that would apply to any of the shoppers stores, anywhere or so I was told... Just ask and they will order...... *loL*
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-01, 10:00
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 236/210/155
BF:
Progress:
Post Re: Ross's chocolate bars.....

Hi....I have been away again for awhile which i will explain in another post but I wanted to add my comments to the Ross's post.
I have been in touch with them via phone.I called them to congratulate them on their internet sales and the owner told me that their bars are being pirated and sold online.They can tell by the color of the inner foil wrap as to which is theirs & which are not.I live about 40 minutes away from their head office and have been invited to tour their small factory.The owner is also doing low carb, Protein Power.I told her I had made a White Chocolate Cheesecake with her bars and sent her 2 different recipes.
She also said one of the reasons the bars aren't carried in all stores mentioned is because they are so busy now they don't have the time to travel to each store for orders.It is up to the stores to phone in their orders.I have been trying to get my supply from Nutter's and they still haven't called in the order.As of yet Ross's still don't do private orders.
Hope this has helped!
Carol from Kamloops
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-01, 10:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by numberonewendy
Oh thank goodness. Hate to post and then see all the mistakes. Gosh then I would have to search for a dictionary....hehehe....

I just noticed it happening today Wa'il, other wise it has been rather good....not sure why it has slowed down today tho?

Wendy

#1Wendy!

Try typing your post in a "word" document that has automatic spell check then cut and paste it into the reply box. Much faster than using the spell check on the site.

Karen
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-01, 10:24

BF:

I see Carol, from your posting its best then that I leave my calling until I am ready to order as a business? (thats great to hear how busy they are, maybe there is room for expanding their business?)

Thanks Karen, I may do that or just continue showing you all my wonderful spelling mistakes..funny eh, when in school years ago of course, my best subject was spelling...wow how things change!...hehehe..can't be bothered to go somewhere else.... then cut and copy....hehehe

Wendy
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-01, 10:25
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
Try typing your post in a "word" document that has automatic spell check then cut and paste it into the reply box. Much faster than using the spell check on the site.

Karen
Exactly. I keep a blank Wordpad on my desktop for exactly this purpose. Since my posts here on the forum usually end up being long-winded essays, with links and lots of research, I NEED to be able to have a static document to type in, and keep my internet window free to click back and forth as I look stuff up, or to copy and paste bits and snippets of information for my posts.

Great idea. Doreen