Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 18:27

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Birddog
Thanks for the info on the Keto products. I think I'm going to give them a try!

Annie-Pie
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 00:06

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

First of all..the best pancake syrup is STEEL'S.....

Now that I've cleared that up..........time to move on to Atkins products...

RTD shakes...I'm generally not a shake fan, but as coffee flavoring....I think the creamy vanilla and chocolate royale are exceptional! Chocolate Delight and Cafe au lait are pretty good as well, but don't let the strawberry one get near me!

Atkins bars....s'mores, cookies & cream, mocha crunch...these are all good. Praline crunch and Chocolate decadence are okay too. The bar, however, that really makes me want more more more...is that Cinnamon Breakfast bar. YUMMMM!!

Atkins salad dressings....Sweet as Honey Mustard is really good; Poppy Seed is a little too sweet....

Atkins BBQ sauce is....wonderful!
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 03:02
Hail to the King

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 394/219/200 Male 5' 11''
BF:Big Time
Progress: 90%

I love Atkins ketsup. More so than regular ketsup.

I have tried all the Atkins bars and smores are my favorite. Cookies and Cream make me ill. Peanut butter bars are good to but they leave an undesirable affect on me.

That's all i've tried for now.
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 00:03

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Atkins Reviews (including some new products)

Atkins Bars - PB and Coconut are by far my favorites...I get hooked on these fast so I try to limit myself to box (12) per month

Breakfast Cereal - The Blueberry is pretty good, but the Almond is awesome...taste like the quaker oatmeal flakes.

Morning Bars - The Cinnamon Bun are pretty good, but the Apple Crsip are awesome...too bad they give me gas and are way overpriced

RTD Shakes - These are pretty good, but Strawberry is a little better and Cafe Au Lait is awesome. These taste FAR better if you pour into a glass...I'd only drink these from the can if I had to.

Ice Cream (the little cups) - It's good, but LeCarb and Breyers CarbSmart are better and both are cheaper

Ice Cream Pints - I've only had the Chocolate Peanut Butter...AMAZING STUFF! Chocolate ice cream with swirls that are the consistency of caramel and the flavor of Reese's. I've never had this flavor in regular ice cream, so I have no basis for comparison...but this ice cream and flavor is THE BEST ICE CREAM I"VE EVER HAD. I haven't tried the other favors and probably don't need to.

Vanilla Ice Cream Bars - In a recent development, my local Sam's Club started carrying these in boxes of 12 for ~8. These are pretty good...the ice cream is better than Klondike Carbsmart and I prefer Atkins dark chocolate over the milk chocolate on Carbsmart. But at 66 cents a bar, these are the leading LC treats in my house.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars - These are pretty tasty...its a different peanut butter than pints...its actually a peanut butter ice cream...kind of a "peanut butter bordering on english toffe" flavor. A great variety flavor, but not an everyday flavor.

Onion Bagels - Even though they are far less chewy than "real" bagels, these taste very good. In addition to topping with cream cheese and lox, I also just starting using these as LC hamburger buns. They're a little on the small side, but nevertheless have a good texture and taste for that purpose reminiscient of an onion kaiser roll. I've mentioned in other posts, Atkins Nutritional should use this same recipe and make ready-to-eat buns

Chocolate Muffin Mix - very good...taste like good flourless chocolate cake...beware these are only for maintenance and pre-maintnenance

Blueberry Muffins - These are ok, maybe a little low on flavor...I liked doing the scone recipe when I was on induction and OWL...on maintenance, I add 2 packets of splenda and 1/2 of frozen blueberries and these taste awesome.

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins - These are really tasty...for an improved taste, I've substituted butter for the oil...I even made a snack cake with this stuff once cooking it in a 9x9 and folding 8 packets of splenda into melted butter for a glaze.

Cranberry Orange Muffins - These are tasty in a "not addictive but good for a change of pace" way. You can't go wrong here

Corn Muffins - These are good...very comparable to the cornbread mixes at the supermarket. In fact, I rarely use these as breakfast items...but I make it as cornbread in a 9x9 to serve as a side with LC baby-back ribs...one of the few LC meals my wife digs.

Brownies - my first addiction after going LC. These are really good...better than 90% of the bronwnies mixes in the supermarket.
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:28
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I agree with bdeeley that Atkins should start selling their bagel recipe as buns. The "plain" bagel is great for hamburgers or sandwiches.

Actually, I agree with all of bdeeley's reviews above, with the exception that I don't like the chocolate muffins. (I think that the other Atkins muffin mixes are great, but the chocolate tastes funny to me.) I'm an especially big fan of the Atkins Almond breakfast cereal. Blueberry and banana are OK with me, but the Almond is fabulous!
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 14:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/170/170 Male 5'9" and some change
BF:
Progress: 100%

I really enjoy the Atkins BANANA NUT muffins two weekends a month. They are good for a snack or as an on the fly breakfast. The only Atkins Breakfast Bars I have tried are the APPLE CRISP and the Cinnamon Bun flavor. I prefer the Cinnamon even though it took a few times for me to get use to the taste. The only other product I tried was the Atkins Pancake Mix. Only one word to describe it, "TERRIBLE". I made a couple of pancakes for breakfast one Saturday morning and I was hoping this would be a nice substitute for the eggs. Well, after about two bites, I got up and headed straight to the garbage, where I dumped them and the remainder of the mix. I have been very reluctant trying any of the other baking goods ever since. I guess the tastes of some of these products all depend on what type of foods you were use to having before you started low carbing.
  #112   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 22:22

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 318/180/178 Male 5'11"
BF:?/16/16
Progress: 99%
Default Atkins products

So far I've tried the following:

Atkins Bars- I've tried them all and the S'mores is my favorite by far. Not very easy to find though.

Steak Sauce - Very good.

Atkins Ketchup- Love it. I used to use LOTS of regular ketchup before starting the diet so this stuff is a godsend for me.

Teriaki sauce- I put a tablespoon or two on a slab of salmon or swordfish before I bake it....Wonderful. Haven't found many other uses though.

Barbeque sauce- Don't like it. It doesn't taste all that bad, but it doesn't taste anything like real barbeque sauce.

Banana nut muffins- They were OK for a change of pace, but I wouldn't buy them again. They have a funny aftertaste.

Morning Start cinnamon bars- Not too bad, but a little too much cinnamon for me. Overpowering.

Endulge candies- Peanut Butter cups are pretty good. The chocolate covered wafer cookies with the peanut butter really good. The plain chocolate bars are OK and the Caramel nut chew is pretty good.
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 15:00

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

I love the Atkins Blueberry Bounty cereal...I eat it plain!