Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 13:36

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Why vegan meat substitutes are the worst junk food of all

Quote:
Why vegan meat substitutes are the worst junk food of all

It’s possible to eat a healthy vegan diet, but many of the meat substitutes aren’t healthy at all

It’s the cynical greed that gets me. Turn on prime time television or allow the ads to slide on to YouTube, and every food processor and retailer seems to be cashing in on the Veganuary movement, pushing their products as healthy and virtuous.

Timing, of course, is everything. This Monday, the third one in January, has been nicknamed Blue Monday as it’s meant to be when we are at our lowest ebb, cold, broke and mired in broken resolutions. Just as we are feeling at our most vulnerable, the food industry is making its move to turn our guilt into profit. “Join the Goodness Movement” cajoles one, advocating a swap from grilled chicken for something called “plant chicken goujons BBQ” made with rehydrated soy and wheat.

I’ve nothing against veganism or Veganuary. Giving up animal products altogether isn’t for me, but few would disagree that that as a nation we should be eating less meat and more vegetables. While there are persuasive arguments that pasture-raised free range meat can have positive effects on the planet, especially in the UK where it can go hand in hand with the less drastic versions of rewilding, avoiding intensively farmed meat makes good sense for the damage it does to the environment as well as the animal welfare issues involved. Experimenting with eating meals without meat is not a bad plan.

The problem is, while it’s possible to eat a healthy vegan diet (with care and vitamin B12 supplements) many of these vegan meat substitutes or meat analogues, as they are known in the industry, aren’t healthy at all. They fall into the category of ultra processed food, first identified by Brazilian academics as part of the NOVA classification. UPFs are now widely accepted by food experts to be unhealthy and probably addictive, blamed for the increasing incidence of obesity and poor health worldwide.

NOVA divides all food into four categories. ‘Unprocessed food or minimally processed’ is for raw ingredients like fruit, vegetables and meat. The second category, culinary ingredients, covers the likes of flour and oil, while the third, processed food, includes cheese, for example, tofu, or bread if it’s made with just flour, yeast, salt and water.

The final category is ultra processed food, the products that generally comes in a packet and include ingredients and processes you wouldn’t use at home, according to NOVA, “in particular flavours, colours sweeteners, emulsifiers, and other additives used to imitate sensorial qualities of unprocessed or minimally processed foods and their culinary preparations or to disguise undesirable qualities of the final product”. In other words, products - I hesitate to call them food - that are manipulated to fool us, to make ingredients seem more appetising, or longer lasting, or somehow better than they actually are.

While a grilled chicken breast would count as minimally processed, or possibly “processed" if you include a bit of salt and oil, those “plant chicken goujons BBQ” are indubitably ultra processed, containing over 30 ingredients, including methylcellulose, maltodextrin and dried glucose syrup. Not that appetising, but it’s not simply a matter of taste. UPFs don’t just trick our palates, they confuse our bodies too, triggering hormones which encourage us to overeat.

Yet, somehow, the food industry is determined to sell us the message that vegan products are intrinsically healthy and wholesome. Even the word vegan has been sidelined, presumably because it has connotations of abstinence and dinners that taste like hair shirts. These days it’s all about ‘plant’. Tesco has named its vegan range Plant Chef, M&S opted for Plant Kitchen, Morrisons has Plant Revolution, Waitrose’s is called PlantLife. Asda has chosen Plant Based. The other day I came across some chutney proudly labelled ‘plant based’. Yes, chutney, as if chutney is ever not made exclusively from plants. What next? Plant-based jam? A plant-based apple?

That lovely word ‘plant’ has a whiff of nature, countryside, health, fresh air, natural leafiness. Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers range even sports a cheeky green leaf peeking out from the logo, although there’s nothing green about the beige Cumberland shroomdogs or oddly orange Smokey vacon rashers, both of which have over a dozen ingredients. Yes, some of the ingredients are derived from plants but, other than the herbs in the shroomdogs, you’d be going a long way back to find many green leaves. Plant as in manufacturing plant feels like a closer association.

The vegan movement is ramping up its TV campaigns. A new ad by Viva, which according to Plant Based News is scheduled to be shown on Channel 4 just before Valentine’s Day, shows a cute couple stroking their pet dog before ordering takeaway delivery of pulled pork. The delivery man from ‘Just Meat’ (geddit??) turns up with a live piglet and a cleaver, while the dog whines. Shocking, certainly, and you could argue that a reminder of where our meat comes from is long overdue (even if that cute piglet looked well below slaughter weight to me). But the lengths to which we delude ourselves about the food in the supermarket chiller cabinet and how it gets there isn’t limited to meat. A film showing the industrialised process that goes into making the textured vegetable protein in vegan sausages or the vats growing citric acid (the acidity regulator in many processed foods) would be equally stomach churning.

For all my misgivings, these vegan products do have a place, just not as healthy food. If chicken nuggets or seafood sticks or cheap sausages are your favourite thing, (no judgement here: I have a weakness for Caramac bars, the essence of ersatz confectionery) then it is definitely worth reaching for the fakin’ bacon and the got-no-beef beef. Many of them are impressively accurate copies of meat junk food, which means there’s no earthly reason for an animal to be raised in cramped conditions to make Turkey twizzler when an indistinguishable product can be made out of soy protein.

But please, don’t kid yourself that this is healthy food. It’s junk. While health experts exhort us to eat more vegetables, this isn’t what they mean. They mean actual vegetables, you know, cabbage and carrots and cauliflowers. The plant-based kind.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-...orst-junk-food/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 14:48

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I was pleased as I started to read this article thinking that fake meat products have finally been outed as unhealthy fake meat products, but no. Even before I got to the meat of the article (yeah, yeah), I stumbled over this paragraph:

Quote:
"I’ve nothing against veganism or Veganuary. Giving up animal products altogether isn’t for me, but few would disagree that that as a nation we should be eating less meat and more vegetables. While there are persuasive arguments that pasture-raised free range meat can have positive effects on the planet, especially in the UK where it can go hand in hand with the less drastic versions of rewilding, avoiding intensively farmed meat makes good sense for the damage it does to the environment as well as the animal welfare issues involved. Experimenting with eating meals without meat is not a bad plan."

Okay, let me be one of the "few" who disagree. These observations and claims are false, particularly when compared to the natural damage done by industrial plant farming. I know it's supposed to be a friendly, homey article citing what the author believes is true and obvious, but these statements are just unfounded nonsense.

Now that I've got that out of the way, the remainder of the article should be required reading by anyone who believes the many fake meat products being produced today are a superior choice. It's just more processed food from plants and manufactured stuff continuing down the path that has lead the world's population to an epidemic of metabolic syndrome and its many diseases. It's not close to being a substitute for a healthy whole food (meat) high in protein and nutrients with which some have a moral issue. And the moral issue is only one of two reasons these fake products are being sold. The other is the massive financial gains from a hyper-palatable processed food masquerading as healthy protein.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 15:26

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
I was pleased as I started to read this article thinking that fake meat products have finally been outed as unhealthy fake meat products, but no. Even before I got to the meat of the article (yeah, yeah), I stumbled over this paragraph:

Okay, let me be one of the "few" who disagree. These observations and claims are false, particularly when compared to the natural damage done by industrial plant farming. I know it's supposed to be a friendly, homey article citing what the author believes is true and obvious, but these statements are just unfounded nonsense.

I stumbled over the same quote. I too disagree about the assertion that limiting meat and increasing vegetables is just commonsense agreed to by virtually everyone. Simply put the problem is industrial production, be it plants or animals. We need to align healthy eating with healthy means of production not some pie in the sky idealism that asserts that eating meat is bad and eating plants is good. It's much more complicated and nuanced than that.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 08:38

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I stumbled over the same quote. I too disagree about the assertion that limiting meat and increasing vegetables is just commonsense agreed to by virtually everyone. Simply put the problem is industrial production, be it plants or animals. We need to align healthy eating with healthy means of production not some pie in the sky idealism that asserts that eating meat is bad and eating plants is good. It's much more complicated and nuanced than that.

I raised an eyebrow at the same quote. Obviously the author does not truly understand that if your "healthy diet" requires that you take supplements to provide that which your diet totally lacks, then it's not a healthy diet.

On the other hand, I found these 2 paragraphs really stood out to me:

Quote:
Yet, somehow, the food industry is determined to sell us the message that vegan products are intrinsically healthy and wholesome. Even the word vegan has been sidelined, presumably because it has connotations of abstinence and dinners that taste like hair shirts. These days it’s all about ‘plant’. Tesco has named its vegan range Plant Chef, M&S opted for Plant Kitchen, Morrisons has Plant Revolution, Waitrose’s is called PlantLife. Asda has chosen Plant Based. The other day I came across some chutney proudly labelled ‘plant based’. Yes, chutney, as if chutney is ever not made exclusively from plants. What next? Plant-based jam? A plant-based apple?

The plant based chutney, jam, and apples really gave me a giggle.

We don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, but our daughter has one where she lives, and enjoys finding various seasoning mixes for us to try. One time she gave us "Vegan chickenless seasoned salt". I pointed out to her that seasoned salt is and has always been vegan and chicken-less. What a marketing ploy for the gullible anti-meat brigade!

Quote:
That lovely word ‘plant’ has a whiff of nature, countryside, health, fresh air, natural leafiness. Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers range even sports a cheeky green leaf peeking out from the logo, although there’s nothing green about the beige Cumberland shroomdogs or oddly orange Smokey vacon rashers, both of which have over a dozen ingredients. Yes, some of the ingredients are derived from plants but, other than the herbs in the shroomdogs, you’d be going a long way back to find many green leaves. Plant as in manufacturing plant feels like a closer association.

The bolded parts in this paragraph - Oh so true! These products may be made from plants, but the product is more manufacturing plant based than in any way resembling any kind of plant found on any farm or in any garden.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-22, 07:08

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:

Quote:
Fake chicken is the future – and it’s absolutely delicious

My husband's goujons are proof of concept. It's now possible to create plant-based products that precisely match the deliciousness of meat

A couple of months ago my husband was sent a bag of fake chicken goujons. He works in food, so people send him things to try. This product was more intriguing than most. Made by a US firm at the leading edge of the “alternative protein” industry, it is so new that you can’t yet buy it in this country.

I didn’t have high hopes. Both my sons are devout carnivores, and even their vegetarian sister refuses to eat most “meat alternatives”, on the sensible grounds that they are gross. But these goujons – I have to tell you, these goujons are going to change the world.

My husband served them fried, with mash and peas. The children took tiny, cautious nibbles at first, but then their faces relaxed into the kind of blissed-out junk-food smiles that would normally set my parental alarm bells ringing. “These are amazing!” they shouted. “They taste exactly like chicken!” (They do.) “More please! More!”

Chicken goujons are easier to fake than, say, a rump steak. The “meat” centre is relatively small, and the breadcrumb coating provides structure and a moreish crunch. Even so, these goujons are proof of concept. It is now possible to create plant-based products that precisely match – and in this case, slightly exceed – the deliciousness of meat.

This is great news for the planet. Our global appetite for meat is unsustainable: 77 per cent of the world’s farmland is used to feed livestock. Meat production accounts for almost 60 per cent of all food industry emissions – not just because of methane burps, but also deforestation and run-off. Although it is possible to rear animals in a low-density, environmentally friendly way, such enlightened husbandry will never produce enough meat to satisfy the market.

The same is true of fish. This week an Israeli firm unveiled the world’s first 3D-printed salmon fillet, made entirely from plants. If it’s as tasty as the goujons, this may be the salvation of our oceans.

What is good for the planet, however, may not be so good for our bodies. As the smiles on my children’s faces attest, plant food can also be junk food: fatty, salty, ultra-processed nuggets of strange-sounding ingredients, scientifically configured for optimal addictiveness. In fact, my guess is that vegetarians – who until now have been largely obliged to cook from scratch, because the processed options were so unappealing – will become as fat and greedy as the rest of us, once these temptations are laid before them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...tely-delicious/
I do love the fact the majority of comments below this article are of the 'no thanks, we'll pass on this ultra processed vegan fake muck' persuasion!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-22, 07:49

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
It’s possible to eat a healthy vegan diet...

All hope lost right there. Because it's NOT possible with vegans, it really isn't. These people who claim otherwise are either sick or they are cheating.

Mind you, it doesn't take much animal matter to keep you from dying of pernicious anemia. Just the difference in insect content between India and Britain that is allowed in food is enough of a margin for Jains who emigrated to get into serious trouble. Once again, these were the people who followed the rules of their religion. I suspect, much like other religions, there are adherents who are not that strict in the privacy of their own home

But the point is that even if someone is not actively dying -- and many vegan influencers and chefs have been told this by their doctors -- they are certainly not operating at optimum. Especially those like us, who responds to a low carb diet with so much better health. Especially those who try everything but, with no success. There's lots of us, actually! I think at least of third of the population are like us.

If we get pushed into plant protein, I know I get a really low return on such sources. As a young adult, I tried vegetarian, and even eating eggs and cheese wasn't enough for me to stay healthy. I suspect I'd be one of the first to fall by the wayside in this future vegan world they want us to sign up for.

Fortunately, it's still a consumer choice. And I don't care what it tastes like: that can be faked up so easily. The digestive upset from all the pea protein and soy derivatives means I can't eat it even if it did nourish me.

Which it doesn't.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-22, 19:54

BF:

I don't know if this should be in a separate thread (or even tacked to a Veganuary thread, since it was published in January), but it talks a bit about the fake meat issue and nutrition:

https://theconversation.com/plant-b...-healthy-173303

Here's some snippets from the article:

Quote:

As we ring in the new year and people announce their resolutions and goals for 2022, many opt for getting healthy, cutting out drinking or starting a new hobby. Vegan magazines and organizations are pushing plant-based diets — calling it the “ultimate new year’s resolution.”

But plant-based meats are often high in sodium, ultra-processed and not any healthier than the meat they imitate. Meanwhile, nearly half of the consumers think they are more nutritious. So if your resolution is related to health, you may want to reconsider switching to a plant-based diet if it involves plant-based meat.

The Impossible Burger, for example, is an impressive meat-free mix of soy, potato proteins, coconut and sunflower oils. It even bleeds like the real thing. At the same time its calorie count and saturated fat levels mirror a McDonald’s quarter-pounder patty, and it has six times more sodium.

Quote:
Diets that substituted animal products with the plant-based alternative were below the daily recommendations for vitamin B12, calcium, potassium, zinc and magnesium, and higher in sodium, sugar and saturated fat.

Even with added vitamins and minerals, these products are not nutritionally interchangeable, says Stephan van Vliet, a postdoctoral associate at the Duke Molecular Physiology Institute. “Meat made from plants isn’t meat made from cows and meat made from cows isn’t meat made from plants,” he says.

I giggled at this snippet:

Quote:
“To substitute something plant-based as a substitute because it’s called plant-based is really steering us in the wrong direction,” says Schwartz.

According to nutrition scientists and Canada’s Food Guide, plant-based is the recommended way we should be eating. Fill half your plate with vegetables and fruits, and the other half with whole grains and proteins.

But “plant-based” also refers to anything from meat to paint to pillowcases, as long as they were made mostly or completely of plants, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Finally the "DUH!" moment:

Quote:
Just because it’s made from plants, doesn’t mean it’s healthy. “I do think it’s very confusing for the consumer,” says van Vliet. “It’s probably not the chicken, but everything else that comes with the chicken nugget that is probably detrimental to our health.”
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-22, 07:40

BF:

QFT (Quoted For Truth)

Quote:
Just because it’s made from plants, doesn’t mean it’s healthy. “I do think it’s very confusing for the consumer,” says van Vliet. “It’s probably not the chicken, but everything else that comes with the chicken nugget that is probably detrimental to our health.”

When I started Atkins, I was at a crossroads in my struggles with health and weight. I am very grateful this was the right way as I constantly customize it for me.

I was also haunted by an alternative with someone about a decade older who turned to food and was taking medicine, and it was like a reminder that i couldn't keep eating the way I was.

I think the resurgence around the 2002 DANDR hit at the right time, because there was a new wave of people who were ready to give up entirely.

Last edited by WereBear : Thu, Aug-25-22 at 10:33.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-22, 08:52

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Many years ago, I tried to eat only vegetarian foods for health reasons. The longer I was on that eating plan, the more health problems I had, and the more prescription drugs I took to treat those problems.
I got talked into going low-carb and cut out all grains and root vegetables and, amazingly, I lost 55 pounds and got off all the prescription drugs. I get most of my calories from meat and I have lots of energy. I would never go back to a vegetarian diet and always eat real meat, not the fake stuff.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-22, 15:42

BF:

I ran across this in Food Business News:

Formulating keto-friendly foods

It has a nice breakdown of food trends, for instance:

Quote:
the number of Americans following a diet or eating pattern in the past year jumped to 52%, up from 39% in 2021 and 38% in 2019. While the most common dietary lifestyles are clean eating (16%), mindful eating (14%), calorie counting (13%) and plant based (12%), keto (7%) is much stronger than most marketers imagined it would ever be four years ago.

“Honestly, no one thought it would last this long,” said Kimberlee Burrington, director training, education and technical development, American Dairy Products Institute, Elmhurst, Ill. “It was more niche than the Atkins diet or other low-carb diets.”

Keto is low-carb, but really, I am pleased calorie counting has slipped to 13%. And look at how many don't have an eating pattern, so I think people are open to good information. Sounds like they are considering the food and health link.

But I don't know how much to trust their categories, though at least they explain this one:

Quote:
The keto weight-loss regimen emphasizes a diet in which 70% of calories come from fat, 20% from protein, and 5% each from simple carbohydrates and non-starchy vegetables. Foods labeled as keto tend to have such a composition. By eating only foods with these nutrient ratios, consumers are assured of getting the fat they need to get thin.

Keto-friendly, on the other hand, is typically more of a low-carbohydrate food. It may be consumed if an individual is following a keto diet without fear of surpassing that maximum of 30 grams of net carbs per day.

Veganism thrives on products, and I admit I lured DH into keto world with shakes and bars. It's how I started. It's not a bad thing, but it can be done badly.

And this is a real advantage:

Quote:
Today keto is more popular than vegetarianism (3%) and vegan (2%), according to the IFIC survey. It’s no wonder why so many new products position themselves as keto or keto-friendly. Just like vegetarian and vegan claims attract everyday consumers, the term keto on a package lures shoppers who are looking to cut back on carbohydrates, specifically added sugars. This is coming primarily from consumers under the age of 50, according to the IFIC survey.

But we all feel this one:

Quote:
To make keto and keto-friendly foods, you must eliminate most grains, fruits, sugars and starchy ingredients, which is likely the most challenging in bakery and snacks where flour and sugar have traditionally been dominant ingredients.

Still, keto junk food is at least moving in the right direction.

Quote:
Food scientists in the MGP Technical Center created a keto-friendly pizza crust. Wheat protein isolate and RS4 resistant wheat starch were combined to replace all the flour in the recipe. The finished product, at a 55-gram serving size, had net carbs of only 2 grams. Protein level measured at 9 grams.

If this is the fast food of the future, road trips become much more casual
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-22, 10:39

BF:

There's still a lot of wild misinformation out there about what constitutes LC or Keto though.

I happened upon an article (actually, I think it's a blog) this morning that gave a list of all the best Keto alternatives for tortillas.

https://www.tastingtable.com/974655...-for-tortillas/

Way down in the list of alternatives, it mentions this about using egg white wraps:

Quote:
Eggs are a common ingredient in most recipes for tortillas, and egg whites in particular are a favorite ingredient for most keto-dieters. The reason why egg yolks are often omitted from the keto diet is because of a higher level of cholesterol.
/QUOTE]

Then this about Trader Joe's egg white wraps:
[QUOTE]Trader Joe's notes that its popular tortilla wrap alternative contains ever-so-loved egg whites and xanthan gum. The egg wraps also include olive oil, one of the most popular oils used to accompany keto foods.

Not disputing that olive oil is a popular oil in keto foods, but I've had egg white wraps, and the reason they don't use egg yolks is that without the yolks, they no longer taste like eggs, since any kind of bread substitute that tastes like eggs is a big turn off to a lot of people.

Admittedly I don't do strict keto, but to dump the egg yolks because of cholesterol, then add in olive oil? Just plain silly.

Pardon the following rant - I've been around the LC block for about 20 years, so it's easy to tell when someone doesn't have a clue what they're talking about and is just cobbling together unrelated information and erroneous timelines, adding in a few things they made up along the way, as evidenced by just how off-the-mark this history and description of Oopsies turned out:

Quote:
Now you're probably wondering — what on Earth is oopsie bread, and why would anyone name a food that? As you can guess, the bread's name references how it was made by accident. Cloud bread (the original version of oopsie bread) has been known as a bread alternative since the development of the Atkins Diet. But, it regained popularity in 2020 when a viral video of a TikTok recipe received over 20 million views, according to Matador Network. Cloud bread isn't keto-friendly, but it can become a part of your keto diet if you replace the correct ingredients.

Cloud bread is a type of bread that contains egg whites, cornstarch, and sugar. Out of all the items included in this list, egg white is the only one you should keep. You can kill two of the ingredients with one stone — the stone being xanthan gum, which is made from fermented sugar and is one of the best keto alternatives for cornstarch. Xanthan gum has zero net carbs and can also be used as an egg replacement if you're a vegan and on a keto diet.

Since cloud bread doesn't need wheat flour, keto substitutes such as coconut or almond flour are also not necessary to make the recipe for oopsie bread. Keto taco-cravers can create a tortilla-like keto alternative to stuff full of savory ingredients by rolling your oopsie dough out flat.

What a ridiculous mish-mash of misinformation about oopsies, cloud bread, and the original Atkins version.

Original Atkins rolls following the same proportions of eggs and cream cheese mentioned in the linked cloud bread recipe were called Atkins Revolution rolls by Atkins himself.

Most "cloud bread" recipes do not have the honey in them, and are actually the Oopsie recipe.

Then the stuff about rolling the oopsie "dough" out flat to make tortillas... LOL!!! This isn't a dough - it's a very delicate whipped egg white batter! Try to roll it out and you'd just end up with the batter all over your rolling pin.

The one thing they got right is that "oopsies" were developed when someone misread the 3 Tbsp of cream cheese in the Atkins Rev Rolls as 3 oz cream cheese (doubling the amount of cream cheese), and discovered that their mistake resulted in a bread-like roll that was soft right out of the oven, instead being hard (similar to a baked meringue cookie), very breakable when they first came out of the oven.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-22, 12:24

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I stumbled over the same quote. I too disagree about the assertion that limiting meat and increasing vegetables is just commonsense agreed to by virtually everyone.
It is the consensus of those pushing for a new world order and they feel that if they say it louder and say it over and over again, people will believe it. And the lazy mainstream media keeps repeating it.