Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 16:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 269/269/200 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Back again :-(

Hi,

I was very very successful with the Low Carb in 2010. Managed to lose close to 60 pounds. The last couple years have been very very stressful and gained it all back and some.

So I am back at it again, however my life is still filled with loads of stress due to work and ending a marriage. I signed up for the gym and trying this again. I want to lose this weight that has been bothering me.

I am 53 but feel like a 70yr old. I am mad at myself for letting myself go, to the point I am getting depressed about my looks. I look at myself at that gym and I want to break down and cry

I dont recognize myself, hate the self reflection and I want it to go away!!

I could use a support buddy....here to keep me in check!

Thanks for letting me vent!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 23:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome back to low carb. The best part of having done it before is that you know - if you follow a plan and pay attention instead of guessing - it will work. It just takes time. In two years you’ll be 55 (me too) ... who knows where you’ll be by then. I’m not a fast loser, but 30 lbs in 2 year on top of the better sleep, less irritability, and more energy feels like I’ve turned my life in a better direction.

Maybe start a journal so you can detail more about your plan and your process.

Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 23:12
Registered Member

BF:

Awww that is sweet Blue, and you are so right. I do know what works and what not. Yes I will start journaling to keep track,
I appreciate you responding to my post. I understand that some things are much more difficult to deal with, but mentally wise I am a such a low with how i look, that you words of comfort are a warm blanket to me~

Thank you!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-18, 04:37

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back, Nutella,
This is a great forum for both information and support. There are buddy groups for support, or you can start your own journal where you write about anything...maybe writing will help you heal on all levels.
One suggestion, and you may think I am nuts, is to not go to the gym for now if it upsets you. Exercise is healthy for your heart and bones, but you cannot outrun a bad diet. Food first. Dr Westman has a number of patients in wheelchairs, they lose weight with NO exercise. Walk outside, get sun on your face, do some body weight exercise at home...whatever exercise you do, make it mentally uplifting.
You have lost weight before, But to start, pick a good induction plan rather than combining plans. The Atkins induction plan at top of that forum or the Keto plan on DietDoctor, https://www.dietdoctor.com/se/wp-co...starch_diet.pdf. Start with simple real foods meals before getting into Stella recipes. No bars and shakes, no special desserts, keeping carbs low until at goal. You have tried to restart a few time...iDr Eades has some great tips on Why LC is harder the Second Time Around.
https://proteinpower.com/drmike/201...w-carb-dieters/

There is so much support for low carb eating now, and so many new Keto books, Look all Around this forum for new ideas on what and when to eat to recover your health.
All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Dec-05-18 at 04:53.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-18, 11:28
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Janet,

You are right, you have to do something that makes you feel good. Looking at myself in those mirrors make me see that i failed, and I do not need to see that the whole time. So I am going to swim, and take steam baths afterwards because that is what I like.

I will read up on the articles to re-start again and will strictly do the induction from Atkins.

Thank you for your repsonse!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-18, 12:24

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%

Welcome back, I’m on day 5 myself. Isn’t it amazing that we all come back to such a wonderful way of eating? I wish it were easier in me to just eat this way forever.

Alas, I am a carb addict. I just turned 48 and I feel like I’m 88. Between my weight and health issues (not due to weight) I am tired and need to drop some weight and feel human again. I’m here if you wanna chat!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-18, 11:48

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Dear Gang

Hello. I just wrote a whole thing on this thread but got booted off line. Sorry about that

I wanted to say that many years ago when I did low carb Or a different plan of abstinence
I would say I would rather be heavy but losing weight and on the right track then be thin but binge eating and on the road to gaining.
Recovery tastes better than any food and Nothing tastes as good as thin feels right?

Anyways - I wanted to stay that I was following a very different food plan and it was working UNTIL my coworker left me and I had more responsibility at my job and I put on weight and it was very silly cause then I stopped exercising as much as I used to.

I used to do OA meetings online at 12step4coes it is an online meeting place. And I used to listen to A Vision For You daily recordings from Phone meetings of people in recovery.

I am now 147 lbs I decided to start low carb this past Tuesday at NOON cause I was out of control. I was like 150 something so I am down 3 lbs already. My body is very sensitive to bad eating.

I am now eating mostly chopped cooked burger meat and I love it.
I mean it does not make me hungry at all it fills me up.
I am also using Diet Pepsi a little bit and
I have for nutrition
Primo Beets and Primo Greens - they are once a day powders you put in water from Consult Health (On Evine) and they help you on low carb plans or any plans

I sure hope this message does not get booted off.

Hugs
Entropy