Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2956   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 06:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I hate all that jumpy feeling I get every now and then. I get the leg thingy and hate it at night. Very rare, but when I get it, YUK drives me bonkers LOL

Thanks for info on the passport. 10 yrs they are good? yea passport card for me and hubby cause we want to travel the US and up to Alaska and thru Canada we only need the card over that border. I don't care about abroad in any way. I got so much to see here I want to experience in this country that we are cool with just that. I did the 'over there' trips and don't need more of them. But kiddo....yea I best get her a real one. I think in college she will want a trip to Europe or whatever with college friends maybe or some type of situation so I best just get her the real passport and go for it now. Thanks for the thoughts on that.

I hear you on back and froth on your oven etc. Just take your time and think thru how you will be using it etc. with your future life. Buy what suits you and go for it then. Never rush it...you got time to decide what will be best for you in your kitchen

Blue thanks on the passport info. I am gonna get kid the real one for flying. Hubby and I only need the cards for driving back and forth thru Canada, even to get to Alaska later. So you shelled out 170 clams for it LOL Good thing you got it done now. best to have that ALL ready very early before a trip!!

That is what happened here. We are so cold for this time of year. Already driving me batty but thank goodness no snow like you are handling. But when there is no transition time, that little bit of 'walking' into the next season, that irks me to no end like you said. I need that to mentally prepare LOL

on the 14th and you are holiday partied out? too funny! you social butterfly you bet you party up again soon and love it

Lori...hubby is finishing packing right now as I type. driving me batty in and out with the door slamming...leaving in a bit and home around Thurs/Fri I think.

Not doing anything this weekend. Just SOS here mostly. kid might make something happen, not sure on it. she is in the teenage 'let me sleep 18 hrs and then we might do something' phase LOL

Icy....ew....I know. bad news. that ice is the one thing I despise the most at winter. snow you mostly can walk on, heck our snow here is always nice for a bit, then it warms up a tad, melts up and sleet on top and then ya got an ice covered snow on the ground...dangerous as hell can't win with the ice....be careful!!

So you have nothing planned other than boredom and eating....hey I can relate to that

Jazz.......relaxing in your new home. But the weather is tough for you I read and at least you can get your home in order. Up and down those stairs!! Think of the great butt exercise you are getting
Can't wait for you to send pics and all. All fingers crossed this job is a good one and you settle in fast and have a good time enjoying this new adventure.

hey all
waiting on hubby to GO! heehee

nothing today. kid will sleep forever I am sure.

So last night....hubby snoring like a maniac when I went to bed. Couldn't stand it.....so off to the guest room I go. Near kid's bedroom. Around 12:30 at this point and she is in and out...from bedroom to kitchen and back. From bedroom to back game room and back. From bedroom to bathroom and back. Right past my door and I keep it open cause I like air flow...I hate a closed door......so getting old ya know....she uses her phone flashlight to light the way thru the house LOL So on the trip back when she is right by my door I say WHAT ARE YOU DOING! She screams, jumps 50 in the air and damn near faints on me..... Funny as hell. She was mean as a snake at me. What are you doing there, I didn't see you!! You can't do that to me!! HAHA I just giggled for so long.

See she gets me on the back porch. My back porch extends along my kitchen window......so she will go out, I will be putzing around and by the sink with the window and she will come up and stand there and I look up and have a heart attack. Kinda like bigfoot in the window. Scares me every darn time so I got her back good LOL

oh well....nothing much more

will see what the day brings.

ate big yesterday....today is just ribeye and ribeye and ribeye. No interest in any variety of food today. just not hungry and feel so calm in food right now I will just leave it at that and run with it.

Oh, kid's Japanese box came. Looked in it. So much crazy junk in it. well worth the $120 for 3 boxes. she will have 2 more being delivered in the next months. But this one has a 'Apple flavored Coke' in it....too cool. not sold here I guess. All kinds of crazy snacks.

final present. nothing else coming to the house. wrapped and done with it all....just have my mom and his. simple easy little things for them and done deal. hit CVS or Walgreens and get a few things to open for them. They want nothing, I get that but a few little opener prez. are good for everyone.

great day everyone
Sponsored Links
  #2957   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 07:09

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning from DELAWARE- It is surreal to me. I flipped through the channels to find a local channel. There is a GALE warning here. What in the world is that?
Still a light rain - no ice, just a gray wet day on tap!

But the shops!!!!!!!!!- I have no $$$ yet- but exploring is free! Sent pic's via email. I didn't unpack- I ate, and fell into bed. I NEED a shower!!!! That is on the agenda. I just can't believe I am here- pinch me someone!!!!!

Few things I would like to say before I forget, things noticed.
I am shocked at how desolate and lack of traffic there is. Compared to Atlanta- this is a cake walk. I was told however that it would pick up come spring. People drive like normal. I am used to driving like a bat outta hello- people here don't drive like that.

Second there is a smell here. I remember the same smell in Charleston, and Savannah. Although there was a paper mill in Savannah. I think it is swamp gas. Yea- I noticed swamp.
I noticed how incredibly FLAT the land is here- FLAT FLAT FLAT. I am in awe over it. Even in Ohio there are rolling hills. Nope- in the county one can see for MILES!!!!!!!

Cotton and chickens are high on the list of what they grow and process here. On the way I saw HUGE I mean HUGE chicken farms, and processing plants. It sorta made me ill. I passed a Tyson "hatching" plant- and then across the road were the chicken rows and rows and rows of barns. Then I saw the processing plants- and all the steam coming from these huge silos- as they "processed" them. It was gruesome. I have totally lost all desire for chicken right now. I just can't get that vision outta my head. There were more than on plants like that. There are a huge industry here! Because the land is so flat and plentiful it makes for a good chicken farm. :sick:

The accent- now this is making me laugh. I am watching the news and there is a New England "accent. I am thinking is it a R and an O - thing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So in the south there is a church on every corner. Here there is an antique shop on every corner! There is water everywhere! I truly need to study this map to figure out where I am. It is a sliver of a state. Very tiny! Ocean City is right below me.

I have a fresh fish market right beside BIG FISH GRILL- on the corner! I do need to venture out for a few hours this afternoon to get a few staples. I will do a "bigger" shop tomorrow when it isn't raining.

OMG THOSE STEPS......... OMG THOSE STEPS- They are either going to kill me or get me fit quick. I had to take out Bella first thing this morning. I had not taken my blood pressure med- boy howdy did I feel it.
OMG those steps. I thought of your watch NIC- I need to get one now!!!! I am dying to know just how many steps I will be getting in going forward. Between those steps and running around a hospital.
My last 2 jobs have been almost all sitting. Hope my poor heart survives! LORI- C2Steps.....

Last thing- the air here is different. It is drier. So cold feels colder. I am used to humid year round. Even colder in GA - is still a humid cold. Here it is drier. Even though it is raining- the actual air is dry. Does that even make sense? Just something I noticed.

Ok- done about me. I just wanted to write it all down before I forgot anything.
--------------------------
Blue- You must really be partying if YOU are partied out!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
I hear ya on winter setting in fast and furious- for your area! I am floored how fast we went from whining about heat.... that went on forever to winter! I am serious, the older I get- time flies! Rest up! I am jelly you are done with The Crown! I have some catching up to do!

NIC- I have no doubt you know my area better than I do!!! HAHAHAHAH- Again I will be hitting you up for questions about the area as I think about them!
So you are trying out new recipes?????? -
What are your Christmas plans? Have I ask you that before. I swear I can remember every lyric to a oldie but goodie song- but can't remember what I ate two days ago!

Lori- - Ohhhhhh...... I am sorry to hear about little Betty! Omg it is the accidents that can really impact a life! Seriously a soda can on her foot? Let me tell you, the feet can really go bad fast if circulation is not good! Thankfully it sounds like she is getting top care!!!
I am totally down with a girls weekend in Jan!!!! You two work it out and show up- my door is open! You can each have your own room. although you will have to flip a coin to see who gets the bunk beds! HAHAHAHAH- Or you can each have a queen if you want to share a room.

So glad you are still enjoying your Green Leaf! - So Blue Apron got the boot? I was wondering if you are saving those recipe cards. That you you can duplicate it if you decide to stop the service.

Trig- - Did I read that you are taking the RV out this winter and going somewhere? I thought you winterized it and were getting a hotel for News Years Hilton Head trip. I might have read it wrong. I am too lazy to go hunting through posts!!!! HAHA

I am so proud of you holding tight to Carnivore's code of eating. It is a perfect way for you. I was reading that some people thrive on that due to ancestry. The "theory" is the more European you are a bit a veggie is (low carb) is best. The hunter people thrive on fat and meat.
But if one thinks about it- we were all hunters and gatherers. So it was an interesting read, but I didn't put much stock into it.
I think I am from the sea- because my happy place is looking out into the ocean and hearing waves. Winter or not- the ocean is a calming place. I could just live on seafood and butter and be happy as a CLAM!!!! - HAHAHAH
--------------------------------------------------
Am I really in Delaware??????????- I know I keep saying that- but it truly happened so fast. I haven't had time to process it. I have been packing and doing paper work - I din't think about it. Now I am here and wow-
thanks for listening - Yup- it would be so lonely without you ladies.

I AM going to be social while I am here! That is the point of travel nursing. To take in all the place has to offer, the people, the food, the sights! Take in the experience and learn new things and make a great memory of being here. And you know if I am not into it- bye in 13 weeks! Off to new adventures! I am going to take a 2 -3 week break between assignments. That will be March! I like the idea of work 13 weeks- then 2 -3 weeks off- perfect cycle.
I wonder why I waited so long to do this?!?!- Maybe I wasn't ready.

Off to take a long hot bubble bath!!! -
  #2958   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 07:16

BF:

Trig- We cross posted!!!!!!- You wrote out what happened last night I could almost see your kiddo jumping 50 feet and getting mad!!!! I would have laughed my butt off too!!!!!!!!!

That was GREAT............... Thanks for that laugh!!!!- priceless! -
No wonder the kiddo sleeps all day- she is up all night!
  #2959   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 08:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- I really feel like your new adventure is giving us ALL a lift. We are experiencing it vicariously! A part of me is slightly jealous. I love the idea of getting to live in a region for a period of time. I am a super strong believer that when we just visit a place, we don't get a feel for how it really is at all. But to live where locals do, eat where locals do, and experience the day to day of it- then you really get a broader and deeper understanding.

If it were me (just dreaming here) I would divide the country up into distinct regions/styles and then try to get to every single one. Some places would stand on their own- like California, and Texas. I'd hit a truly, deeply Midwest place by going to Iowa/Kansas/OK, a truly deep south place like Alabama or Mississippi, a truly New England place like Maine or New Hampshire etc. I'd marinate in the local foods, local accents, etc. GIRL!!! You are sending me into dreamland.

That being said, I also can't really imagine doing it on my own. At the very least I'd want my DH there. Even though he drives me crazy at times, I need him. But I know you for you having your Bella is like having the very best DH, and then you've got your friend as well. I do like that you plan to make some new friends and be social while you are there. Good on you!

HEY DID YOU SEND THE EMAIL? I DON'T HAVE IT!

Gale warning- I'm sure you've probably looked it up, but it just means a super windy day. It's called a gale warning because you are by the sea.

You'll get used to the stairs in no time. After a few minutes, I realized that your doll house doesn't have stairs, so yeah, it will be an adjustment. We have an upstairs and downstairs at my house so I'm used to going up and down.

Trig- You had me ROLLING over scaring your daughter! I love it!! Upstairs at my house, we have decent sized bedrooms but the actual hall is super short. My DS17 would drive me NUTS going in and out of his room to the bathroom, up and down the stairs (wooden stairs, creaky and loud), shutting the door (and always PUSHING it shut without turning the knob OMG)- it would drive me nuts. Wake me up several times every night, even with my door closed. He has been sleeping in the basement bedroom since the end of his Jr year and OMG it is delightful. He can go the kitchen and so forth and I don't hear a blessed thing!

How old is your DD again? Passports for young people under 16 are apparently only good for five years, so you might want to get a passport card for her after all, and then switch to a passport after that. She won't travel study abroad until at least her sophomore year of college I wouldn't think. Anyway read up on it and see what you think.

I bet she loves those Japanese boxes so much. DS17 loved them.

Jumpy legs: I get them from my Dad. He has always had them and now takes medication for them. I just get them from time to time, and it usually means I am overtired. Electric arms is a whole different story!

Lori- Poor Betty! You guys are wonderful to go every day and help her like you are. Super sweet!

For me, the drive to Jaz's will run me about 3 hours. Could be slightly less or more depending on the route etc. So not too bad.

Your meal sounds just delicious! I am trying to get out of my rut and get some new meals going around here.

Blue- Oh girl you describe it perfectly with the yarn and the kitten! I have a nice stretch here with minimal travel and so I am going to try to take full advantage of that to get back on track and drop a few pounds. I have no big trips until April so that's a nice block.

LOL on your DH and his response to the meal boxes. That is EXACTLY how I would be- grumpy about the cost of it etc, but I too don't cook as much as I once did.

Your description of how you are socially is just like me. A little here or there will work for me (a dab'l do ya!) but too much, too close together makes me miserable. I'm glad you are getting some much needed down time this weekend.

••••••••••

Hello all! Wet, gray, foggy Saturday here. Good day to see a movie, which I think Dh and I will likely do. I've been wanting to see Knives Out for a while and today is as good a day as any!

I think I am back toward getting the slide in single range/double oven. Maybe DH and I can go take a look at some today. Then I will also go to the library and read Consumer Reports for guidance on brand. I am pretty certain I want to go with a gas top, and then of course it comes to gas or electric oven...

I will tell you, having baked yesterday, it is definitely needing to be replaced. The upper (smaller) oven is just difficult to use now. Too much warm air is escaping the broken door and so I have to monkey with the temperatures to try to compensate. Sort of messed up my LC muffins yesterday trying to figure it out.

Did I share the egg recipe I was using for breakfast the last couple of days? Here is a link. I didn't follow it exactly but it was good. Reminded me of a simpler version of the shirred eggs my Mom used to fix for us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9JtZeKDwbs

Not much else to report. On track, enjoying looking at my new cookbooks. Paid bills yesterday. Kids are all fine. OH!!! DS21 comes home ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! I am so excited about that. And he will be home all the way until late January. I'll have to get reacquainted to having a kid upstairs again!
Still, all my kids back in the same state and close together again. SQUEE!!
  #2960   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 13:49

BF:

OMG those STAIRS ARE KICKING MY ARSE!!!!!- OMG those stairs.
So I went to Walmart today to get just a few things. One of those things were water- in bottles. I got the BONUS- 40 bottles weighing over 5 gallons. Ok- let me put this into perspective for you all-
one gallon is 8.5 pounds- so I hauled 40.5 pounds up 3 flights of stairs. I was sweating my are off- took off my jacket and had to rest on floor two. Then- went one more flight, rested....... waited until heart rate went back down and then made floor 3.

Soooooooooooooooooo.......... It was brutal. Butthe real kick in the butt is I am FIFTY- pounds overweight and hurling that up and down with every step. NO WONDER I AM WHIPPED!
they are going to either kill me or put me in FINE shape!

Literally I have been sitting for a few years no. I would get up from couch to open door to back yard- out she would go. Then open door feed her sit.
Truly when I say the last big walk like this was Charleston. I want a watch- I am dying to know how many steps from couch I am doing!
Sorta exciting.
People are IN SHAPE HERE!!!!- I see tons of walkers. I don't see walkers in Atlanta.

I went to Walmart- and ok..... I am going to get take here. But the stereo type is overweight and in pajamas. Ok- so I MIGHT fit that description But I noticed a few things. Hardly any diversity here. No Korean strip malls, everyone speaks English and people seem to know each other. People here are friendly- so far.

Went to Whole Foods to get some fish. Eating in today. Bought some FRESH salmon and a side of fresh cooked cocktail shrimp, bag of coleslaw. I was getting back into my car when I ALMOST asked a lady if she would like my BUGGY!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

I still need to unpack. I hung up the clothes I brought on hangers. I ALMOST have the trunk unloaded. A few pairs of boots and shoes and the car is cleaned out.

Checked out the SWEET little shops- I drove by, real slow to see what is there. Weather has sucked today. So tomorrow I am going to sight see! Today was recovering and unpacking and getting good food, sleep and rest. THESE STEPS ARE KILLING ME! - HA

So funny story. I was in such a rush yesterday. I came up and John was finishing cleaning up for me. Talk about a honey to the eyes! Yum...... Sorry deviate there. He is young..... 45? 46? - robbing the cradle...... Anyway I was bring stuff up. load after load. On my 3 load I could have SWORN he put on cologne. YUMMY.... I said nothing just noticed...........
In the morning I still smelled him........ Until I figured out he popped in a glade air freshener- sent- woods......sigh, HAHAHAHAHA- that was so funny......... here I was thinking how STELLA GOT HER GROOVE BACK........

Omg- NIC- I loved your "dreaming" post!!!!!!!! I am thinking if this gig is not doable again for a second term- I might ask for Florida. It would be April/ may/ June, before it gets hot! I agree that to really get a flavor of the local and environment is about living here for a minute! Seeing what they do.
I am SERIOUS there is a culture difference here than Atlanta. Diversity is a huge thing that is standing out about now. In Atlanta- English is SECOND language. It is SO diverse!!!!!
I agree I don't know if I could do this trip without my best friend. Bella.
My Ohio guy is not going to be able to get here during this trip. that is ok- we ARE JUST FRIENDS.

So cool your kiddo is coming in for Christmas, and staying a minute!!!!!! Is his GF coming too? Some how I thought he might be engaged by now........ Just thinking!!!!!
3 hours!!!!!- GIRL- COME ON OVER!!!!!

Lori- - Did you see that- you both could be here for dinner on a Friday evening if you left by noon! YEAH!!!!! Or push it up and HAPPY HOUR starts at 4......... Have traveling bar! HAHAHAHAHA

Raining here too!!!!!!- cloudy and warm though!!!!!

TRIG/ BLUE- Love ya!!!!!!
------------------------------------
Going to unpack...... clean up from my one meal of the day and head over to Big Fish grill - to see what is up. Will sit at bar and check the joint out. Have some wine and walk "home". Or I might call it a day and stay in pajamas and watch a movie and call it a day!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

Ok- last thing. So talk about Obsessive compulsive. I JUST HAD TO WEIGH when I got here. I wanted to compare here and when I leave. I just have to lose weight. If something DOESN'T give something is SO SO SO wrong. I eat clean. - a blip here and there. But less blips.......-

Full belly- a nap sounds devine........ was up at 5
  #2961   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-19, 20:06

BF:

Nicco you had me smiling, you are lucky the DS is in the basement bedroom and you have quiet now LOL

thanks for info on passport. will get her the card also and later down the road just pony up for a real one for her to travel. she got a lot of time still mostly

Sounds like everyone is gonna converge on you for the holidays and a full house type thing for you...cool you know you love it.

yea sounds like an oven/range whatever you want is coming sooner than later

Jaz....heck even I hate your stairs now LOL
You have to think of it as a good thing tho. good for your body and heart and more. you are doing a lot now up and down, later it will be more controlled

Your new digs sound nice.

omg I can't wait for pics you are gonna send us.....get that email out to us soon and send a boatload of pics if you can....yea like we aren't adding stress to you now HAHA

Sounds like a very nice area.

We did Chesapeake Bay bridge. wild. loved in and with the rv.

we were in Cape Charles VA, Kiptopeke State Park. about 3 hrs south of your Lewes area. We loved that place, I bet you are in heaven with your town....so cool.

hope it is all you want now. travel nurse came for you when the time was right now your next adventure will be interesting for you.....this job and then another etc. and who knows from there
  #2962   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 04:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz.....did you make another trip down and back up the stairs last night? Did you check out the Big Fish Bar? I guess you have to do the stairs a lot since you have to take Bella out. Does she navigate them ok?

I'm excited to have a trip to DE to look forward to in January! I will go to my sister's for a day or 2 and then it'll just be a bit over 2 hours to you. I'm already thinking about what jackets/coats I'll have to bring for the beach in January! That'll be a first! We used to go to Rehoboth Beach in the summer for a week. We stayed only a block from the beach. There's a restaurant where we used to go for shrimp during happy hour....it was called Finn's. There was also a place we would go for lunch.....seems to me it had great fish sandwiches. I forget the name...Summer House or something like that. It is on the main street that leads to the beach/boardwalk. Then we would go to Dewey Beach to a restaurant called the Rusty Rudder. You can see that we ate our way up and down the coast!

Trig....that is funny how you scared your DD in the middle of the night! I would have jumped out of my skin too! Is she still mad at you?

I guess DH left for camp now, so you are able to sleep in your own bed in peace & quiet? I count myself as fortunate that DH doesn't snore except on the rare occasion when he has a cold or something. I do the same, according to him.

Nic...how exciting to have your DS coming home soon! What is his next adventure?

Blue...hope you're enjoying your quiet weekend. Are you going to San Fran for Christmas? I seem to remember you saying some time ago that it was a possibility.
--------
A typical winter day here. Cold and blustery with snow flurries. Ugh. That means I'll be hibernating. I guess it's days like this that really make me appreciate Spring/Summer. DH is out and active no matter the weather. He doesn't mind it a bit. I wish I was more like that. I think he's going out for breakfast with DS & DGS15 and then he'll be out and about till around Noon when he typically comes home for lunch. Being Sunday, he'll watch football all afternoon and nap.

I ate off plan yesterday, so have to tighten things up today. It won't be a strict DD today, but LC for sure. A DD on tap for me tomorrow & Wednesday. At this point, if I do 2 DD's a week, it is plenty. I just have to stay LC for the most part and vigilant.

Time for another cup of coffee...have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Dec-15-19 at 05:10.
  #2963   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 07:19

BF:

Good Morning- I resent those pics. Not sure what happened the first time. But then again I have been so tired who knows what button I pushed!!! They should be in your inbox!

Lori- I am excited to have you!!!!!! I was talking to a couple last night from Philly. They own a home here and there. They come for the weekends. They said from Philly it is 2 hours.
They are a ton of little fish/ oyster places here.
I feel ya on cold!
Yup today is a good football day!

Nic- - see above! Plus resent pics. So now we are sharing the same weather basically! Before it was me and Trig- weather sharing!!!!!
I want to put in my two cents on the oven issue- GAS GAS GAS!!!!! I LOVE my gas oven and stove top!!!! Cooking is amazing. I have always preferred gas over electric any day of the week. It did get some getting used to hearing the "woosh" of it coming on. I love mine. Here is electric. Temporary. I will be interested in what you get. Funny how appliances is a thrill to adults!!! I never got it as a kid!

Blue- - how are you doing you party animal! HAHAHare you recouped yet? Are you getting snow? I am going to ask rather then pretend to know! HAHAHAH-
I too am ready for spring!

Trig- - OMG I can just see you hauling that RV through those tunnels and calling it a grand adventure. I passed Cape Charles on my way here. I know too there is a state park with a beach there. It is a very pretty area. I didn't see the state park just the signs. But the area as a whole is very pretty.
I bet you are looking forward to your Hilton Head weekend. Can you extend it a bit?
Any more loses???????- You are doing so so well!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is going to be busy as can be. I need to ride over to see where I will be going tomorrow. I am nervous for sure! It is getting REAL! I know there was a catch to this entire vacay gig!

So last night I felt like going out. So I walked over to the Bish fish- sent pic! Anyway it was nice. I met the primary bar tender. She has been there 20 years, has 5 kids and loves her job! I told her I was a travel nurse here for 3 months. We chatted up a bit. then she got busy and a nice gentleman and I struck up a conversation. He is from Pittsburg originally and has been here 20 years. He is the director for Delawares school program for special needs kids. Delaware has just 3 county's but serves 50,000 kids. Who knew.
We chatted awhile to.
I had on my OUS shirt and of course he wanted to chat up football. HAHAHAHAHAHA- guys and football.
After that I met a sweet lady about my age and her 2 daughters who are also both nurses. They are from Jersey. They also own a home here and come for the weekends- often!!
Anyway - we got along just fine and swapped numbers and said we would get together some time.

Cam back and walk up those Godforsaken steps again to get Bella to take her out. Then BACK up those steps. The back of my calfs are screaming in rebuttal. Funny thing is I thought that Bella might have an issue. Nope- she is LOVING the extra work out- LOVING IT!

Still have some unpacking and bills to go over. Again I am going to do a run through to the hospital so I know where I am going. then I AM checking out the boardwalk by the beach. I guess I am within walking distance. I see alot of beach bikes here as well! I will def send pictures!!!!!!! - LOVE my beach pictures!

Ok- Food, feasting on fish and shrimp, salmon! Had small layer of water cress under my salmon. No other carbs- did have wine at the Big fish grill- so I came in under 15.
I brought my scale. I wanted a beginning wt and a "leaving" weight. I swear I have lost a bit- but the scale sales no. I woke up feeling "thinner"- no bloat whatsoever. I am good.

Back later ladies!!!!!1- have a good one! Sun is out- it was a pretty sunrise. My apt over looks the built pond- and the sun came up over it!
  #2964   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 07:48

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Just checked my email....I didn't get any pictures.

Odd! where they are ending up?
  #2965   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 08:01

BF:

no emails, no pics, nothing LOL
  #2966   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 08:14

BF:

Jaz- I didn't get them either! So strange how they are not sending. I don't understand it at all!

Interesting to read your observations about the area. I am surprised the air feels so dry there, being right at the ocean. You'd think there would be more moisture. It is definitely dry here in the winter though. Sparks flying!

Also interesting about the lack of diversity. There is a ton of diversity here in MD. I wonder if it is just the small town thing or what.

Get off the scale for a bit! Just do your thing and see how it all settles after a bit. And yep, those stairs will get you fit! Glad Bella is handling them so well!

Lori- What did you have to eat yesterday? Hopefully it was delicious!

Trig- Love the Chesapeake Bay Bridge! So pretty!

Hiya Blue!

••••••••

So it is C-O-L-D in my house this morning. Once again, the heat didn't catch properly. I thought it was just me being cold but when DH came down he commented on how cold it was as well, so I checked the thermostat and it was at 62. Turned everything off, waited a few minutes, turned it all on again and it seems to be working. That is the second time this has happened this winter. So, I will call the crappy company that installed our system just shy of ten years ago and have them come out again. They were HORRIBLE when they installed it and turned out they did many things wrong. The good thing is that they were so bad I pitched a rare fit and got them to give me a ten year labor and parts warranty. Lord knows we have used it MULTIPLE times for all they did wrong. But, it expires this summer, so I best have them come out and figure out what is up with it before it expires.

I was super proud of myself yesterday. I dodged all kinds of food missiles being launched at me- from the mall food court, to movie candy and popcorn, to SoIL bringing over his birthday cake to share- which is a Smith Island Cake.. pretty much one of my favorite cakes ever. It is so YUM. I took my piece and wrapped it in plastic wrap, then put it in a freezer bag and into the freezer. Sat there while everyone else ate it. I'll have it at some point in the future but not now. I'm feeling really steady right now, pretty dang fired up and focused. Riding that wave!

Nothing much doing otherwise. I'll go look at some ranges today, armed with my Consumer Reports information. Ravens don't play today as they played on Thursday night.

I've got meals planned for the week and will go shopping for ingredients tomorrow, if not this afternoon since I'll already be out.
  #2967   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 08:34

BF:

Lori...snow flurries. omg. I am now thankful for my sunny but cold weather LOL

My DH is like yours. He does any weather. He never minds. Me, I shut down in cold. I am not the same person at all. I like he is stable, means I can be unstable HAHA we balance then

Jaz....smart to go check work. Then ya know where you will be. good move.
Stairs will make you so much better. Even tho you despise them be thankful for them

Your place sounds so nice. You passed Cape Charles...yea the state park is fab there. tons of fun. Your area sounds wonderful!!! and your food choices, wow. No bloat is a good thing, your lbs will drop for sure...you hold tight!!

yea no pics. nothing from you and I AM WAITING you know....I so wanna see LOL

No...ain't doing Hilton Head. Not sure where I mighta made ya think that but no. Not on the trip planner. You are like 10.5 hr drive from me now. Ain't heading that way any time soon.

Nicco armed with consumer reports on your new oven buy LOL Love that.

Fab you are on plan so well. In that zone..rock it out!! when there we gotta roll hard with it. I so get that!

Furnance….eeekkk….feel for you. Darn right hit them up before you expire. I would be doing just that. Not fun wondering if that is next to go on ya...ugh.

when it falls apart it falls apart. My stuff is getting close to all that now also it seems. Hubby was saying he hates our stove and wants a new one and he is eyeing the fridge now too...and the dryer. He says it 'drys bad' but he is drying the heaviest, thickest hunting gear made to mankind. I said it takes a while when ya cram it full of big thick stuff....duh...lol Up to him I would be changing it all out, nope, not yet LOL

HI BLUE! hope all is good

So today I dropped 1.5 on the scale. Oh hell yea.
I am thriving to the ultimate.

Zero carb is it for me. Body is loving it.

Kid wants to see new Jumanji movie....we might go later today. That is all her to go, she wants it we go...if not I have not much happening here today.

hubby gone, all quiet here.

Got a big ribeye for dinner later. Thinking I might eat up 2 chicken breasts later in a while or jump on a lb. of crab legs....hmmm, flagged for Xmas time dinner but I might just eat the darn things up now HAHA

fab day all

and Jaz you get us those pics....we are dying here ya know. We all wanna see so darn bad
  #2968   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 08:39

BF:

OMG- where ARE these pics going? - let me try again!!!!!!!!

I so can't wait to show you all!!!!!!- heading out right now to check out the hospital and the beach- then will come back and retry????
Where are they going?????
  #2969   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 08:44

BF:

yea where are they going???? that is super freaky for sure LOL

Hope your new work is a great place. Can't wait to hear!!
  #2970   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 08:50

BF:

UGH our furnace is out. UGH!!! We will make do today and then have the company come out tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm under the heated blanket and I have my Comfy on, so I'm actually pretty warm. Still, with it being 62 in the house now, I am thinking it will be pretty darn cold in here by tomorrow! I guess I'll call and see if I can get on the schedule for Monday.

Trig- Hope the movie is good. DH and I saw Knives Out yesterday and we enjoyed it. Fun movie. Slow to start as most mysteries are. Good for all ages!

CONGRATS on another 1.5 down!! You really are just freaking blowing this thing UP. Leading the pack!
Closed Thread