Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2716   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 19:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG what a difference a day makes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to TRAVEL- I have been mulling that around in my head for several years. But those around me were so against it (OMG my mom) and DD during her pregnancy and we didn't know where that was going. But the kids are stable and truly mom has her husband and I really believe that surgery will take care of her issue.

So I AM READY to get paid to explore the USA!!!!
I am almost ready and actually have a start date for a position here in Atlanta. All the assignments are 13 weeks in length.

But lets do the math- While I am here nothing changes. The assignment will be up in mid Feb. I have a good friend who wants to rent my house for a year.
SO........ If I had my mortgage paid- and my only bills were my car payment, car insurance and phone bill......... I could really stack some incredible money.
They pay room, board, all utilities, food, and pay is about AMAZING a week take home- oh they pay for health care......... no brainer!!!!!

Seriously I could stash about 6 grand a month NO sweat - and still do nights out, and live so comfortable as they put you up in corporate housing. Think about it- no living cost. Travel AND they pay me.

My mom was so negative- OMG- what if you don't have an assignment right after??????- so??????? She lives in constant fear and negativity I can't live like that. She can't seem to figure the $$$$, If I didn't have back to back assents and someone was renting my house- so be it- I just go wherever and have the $$$ to do so! I wait it out a few weeks and travel more. I WANT to take a few weeks off after every assignment to explore- then go back to work.
Gypsy for a year. My house is cared for and paid. NO brainer- pet friendly.

So my kids and friends are all in!!!! And my nurse friends are envious I might add. 13 weeks and you're done! If you don''t like it who cares- 13 weeks and your done! You just go somewhere else!

This is so touching my travel bug.
So I was given the option of TX, Colorado, NM, Washington, and Atlanta for my first assignment. I decided to stay here for the holidays. The assignment will be up mid Feb.
My renter will be ready March 1- SO PERFECT- her lease is up. Timing is beautiful. I know her well she is the daughter of my neighbor. I would charge her less then she is paying now. Her family has embraced me as family so I have no doubt she would take care of my home. NO doubts. Of course everything would be straight up in writing and a contract. But I have no doubts- she is a good kiddo.

So I am hoping to get the 3 12 hour day Case manager assignment.
PERFECT- work 3 days- off 4.

So in the spring I want to go west. NM, AZ, somewhere like that, summer I will consider Nashville, Colorado, so many choices he gave me. I am licensed to work in 33 states. I am super stoked.

It's is better (aside from my mom) than I thought. I have always wanted to do travel nursing. NOW IS MY TIME. There is also a community of "travelers" who band together , long, thread like we do, and bond. Some of them meet up on assignments. I am so looking forward to my next chapter.

I see me losing the stress- and just going with the flow. My cortisol will go down and - I see me being so much more engaged, exploring, getting out- just MORE. Not sitting in this house feeling trapped. I have options.
If for some reason this agency falls through I will apply to another one. I will anyway. I have talked to a few travelers who say the best thing is to work for 2 agencies. So if one is lean one month- you have something else to fall back on. These gals are making a sh!t load of money too I might add. It is not about the money- well some is. But I love the idea of going different places, different places - my gypsy is itching!

So...............
got my food stamp card- spent it all in one fell swoop. I have a start date of 25th this month. 2 weeks. I will be then here for 13 weeks.

So the plan would be to have a huge estate sale. I will sell my couches and bed. anything fabric does not store well in storage. trust me I know this. Been there done that. Even in a air controlled. I will sell and buy new when ready. I know J will want my new couch. Everything else not fabric I will store. My TV's I will stick in mom's basement- they are new. and don't take up alot of space.

OK- that is the plan!!!!!!!! I am very excited! I got my referenced already checked- and given exceeds review! HAHAHAH

Dinner- hamburger, spoonful of salsa on top and (close your eyes) slice of melted cheese...... sigh....... that was all I had. It was a big arsenal burger though!!!!! I am full and hamburger happy!!!!!

Ok- going to find a new Netflix. I am running through shows. I am feeling FINE!!!!!

Sorry all about me- personals tomorrow- I just HAD TO SHARE!!!!!! HAD TO!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Nov-08-19 at 19:29.
Sponsored Links
  #2717   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 19:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---I'm so fascinated by the way you cook your steaks. If hubby is here he grills ours. Yep, we have a huge and great grill on our pool deck that they keep going all year...including shoveling a path to it from the door. And about this time of year, no one is competing w/us for it. Hubby goes down like a soldier w/his "grilling bag"---coolest thing, hard to explain. Yep, for these things and more, he is my hero.

Still, going to experiment w/a steak myself one of these nights, the way you do it. Also, dang it, every time I read about your jumbo shrimp and Alfredo sauce I say to myself, "gotta try that Blue." One of these days!

Jax---Yeah, I think it's good that you take a hiatus from trying to date right now---although I heard every word you said about wanting that partner, and reminding us all to appreciate the ones we have. Still, there is a season for everything, and this may not be your season to juggle the stress of dating and finding a job.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Please keep us updated.

Lori---Love that if you get this job they would rotate you between the coffee shop and the books. Hmmmmm....coffee and books. This is how you spell heaven for me.

Nic---Think maybe you're jetting yourself home around now, close to it, or already back and probably exhausted from it all. Loved reading all about the trip and want to hear more, but will also like having you back home w/us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yesterday I finished a big styling job. It went really well and I feel proud of what I did. It's for BC so you never know. This business could end for me at any time. Lots going on there.

But for now, just feels weird to be totally out of work. My work is always by the project, and right now I don't have one coming up. Had a nice unexpected run there for a bit, w/projects I didn't expect, but I think it's going to be pretty quiet till the new year. And maybe beyond.

So I spent all day today working on my promo projects. LOL, couldn't blame you if you thought "what is that girl doing w/those things?" No way to explain it, but when I finish them I'll take a pix and send it to y'all.

I am deffo spending too much time and money on these things, but hey, I'm having a lot of fun doing them. They are very challenging for many reasons you'll understand better when you see them. And they are very targeted to business I think I have a chance to get---again long story. If they don't work for me, I'll swallow it because I'm having so much fun putting them together.

So it was a productive day. I like my chillax time but I can only take so much of it. Then I gotta be movin' and groov'n in some way or the other.

Doing OK on the woe. Not great. But not terrible either. Not gaining. Not losing.
  #2718   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 22:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Jaz---Well, to say the least, we cross posted! And oh man, did you ever have news!

I'm so happy for you that this is something that excites you. It's a big change but what the heck, right? You have no anchors on you. (Well, at least none that you won't be able to get back to see w/a good salary) So as I said to you once before in the words of Simon and Garfunkel, "...sail on silver girl!"

Of course, I'm only giving you my permission (HAHA) as I know you will be able to be here wherever your job takes you. Because we definitely need you here, but that's the beauty of the internet.

Yeah girl, as you would sing, and dance to--- "Shake it up!" I really am so happy for you. Doesn't seem like life in Atlanta has embraced you to the point where you can't move on and see what else the wide wide world offers you. And it should offer you a lot more than you've been getting, because you are a spirited, fun, smart gal, and you deserve more.

So. Go get it!!!!
  #2719   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 22:49

BF:

I am super excited.....I have been watching EVERY you tube on nurses who ARE doing travel nursing. I have learned alot from listening to them. ALOT -

Ready to go!!!!!! - but I will stick around for the holidays and then come spring I am off to travel!

OMG You Tube has it all!!!!!!!!!

So glad you have projects- you are so creative- More tomorrow- need t craw in bed
  #2720   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 05:51

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori your chili sounds good

Do you know when we started the EOD when you brought it to our attention? For the life of me I have no idea when we did it and you might remember? No idea how many weeks you have been on it and just curious on that.

I can't wait to hear about your bookstore and maybe Starbucks.

Blue. wow finished your project and nothing on the books. Cool. It is good you have time for yourself. Chillax to the maxxx…..lol. Plan some fun things with hubby. Get out and about kinda thing. I know you will roll thru and will be saying you got another job again soon so love the down time in between!!

Jaz. Super cool. There is a whole community of travelilng nurses out there. I think it is a fab idea and that money you mentioned, holy cow, you are bringing in the bucks girlie. Bank up for retirement, not a darn thing wrong with that.

I remember seeing Tiny Houses on tv. A traveling nurse built one for herself so she could take her home with her. It was interesting when she talked about why she wanted a home on wheels and how her career worked.

I know you are pumped, I would be also!

So you are on assignment now in Atlanta. So you are working now for them? You got a paycheck happening right now?

Then after this assignment you rent out your home....and pick a location and off ya go?

I think I got that right? lol wow, very cool.

Nicco what ya doing? I bet you will have some serious tired after your fab trip!

So down on the scale again....total so far is 16.6 lbs gone.

I am such a deep not hungry mode it is scary in a way. I think I have to eat thru the day somehow to get in more food. I just don't want anything at all. No draw to food. But today I am making sure I eat beef. I got a nice top sirloin defrosted and going to be sure I eat that whole thing today. a 12 oz. one so will cut in 1/2 and tackle it 2 times today LOL then I know I need more than that so chicken will be on my menu today also.
I hope I can get it all down since I feel like I truly need food right now. But I feel over the top great!

hubby has no deer yet but they are having a good time at the cabin. I think one guy got a 5 pointer but hubby waits til he sees the one he really wants. He said he has shots a few times on a few deer but he passed them by cause he wants a certain type I guess....whatever....you know, I don't listen much to hunt stuff HA

cleaning house today. gotta move this, clean up that for the moms to come for thanksgiving....start to think about putting out some holiday crap for Christmas. So focus on that today.

when hubby comes home like next Tues I will have him put out the few Xmas things outside....cause after we eat he goes right back hunting.

nothing much more. doing great. cruising along. waiting for spring cause it is friggin' cold out there! got the propane fireplace blasting....nice morning.

great day everyone
  #2721   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 07:10

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Trig....my first DD was Monday, August 19. It has been about 12 weeks. As of this morning, I'm down just over 12 lbs since then. Congrats on your 16 lbs down.....freakin' awesome! I had a good DD yesterday, but am looking forward to eating today.

Jaz......so excited for you!! I have to admit that I have no idea what a travel nurse does. Will you be doing home visits? Working in a hospital in the different areas? I'm clueless! It all sounds like a great adventure for a spirited single gal! YouTube is a great resource for just about everything. I may have to watch a few about travel nursing.....it will be an adventure for all of us right along with you!

Blue....hope your completed project is well received by BC. Just don't let their reaction, whatever it may be, diminish your pride in it. It is so great to be creative....sadly, I missed that trait.

Nic.....back in the USA? It's great to go, but it's wonderful to come back home. You sure made lots of good memories for sure.

--------

Man oh man it's cold this morning! 19 degrees. Brrrr......at least the wind isn't blowing today like it was yesterday and the sun is shining. I think it's supposed to be pretty nice tomorrow. I'll take advantage of that by running outside.

I'm going to visit the bookstore/cafe sometime today. I'll just look around and get a feel for the place. It's a pretty big deal in our little town as it is 2 story and they even have an escalator! The only 1 in town! They have clothing on the 2nd floor. It is mostly college related sweatshirts, tee shirts etc., but nice stuff. Maybe they'll provide me with a college shirt to wear? I'll see what the employees are wearing when I'm there today.

I'll make DH his chili and grilled cheese tonight. I have some Home Chef chicken that I want to make. It has a topping of cream cheese and cheddar cheese that you put under the broiler that looks yummy. I'll give it a go. The Home Chef Kung Pao shrimp tacos I made the other night were quite good.

Well, time for a cup of fat coffee to give me some calories. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Nov-09-19 at 08:04.
  #2722   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 11:53

BF:

Just back from my spying mission at the bookstore.

It appears that the employees wear jeans and a sweater or whatever(I like that). I have lots of clothes and never get to wear them. The only "odd" outfit was worn by the girl who made my coffee....she was dressed like Pippi Longstocking. She was just a young girl and she looked like she was dressed for Halloween. Whatever.....as long as they don't make me wear that get up!

I'm anxious to talk to them on Monday and see what they have in mind. Not sure I'll be a good fit, but we'll see.

PS: Had a cheese danish as a treat....bah. It tasted good, but I don't feel well at all. I should know better.

Later!
  #2723   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 13:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

I am back!! We flew into Philly late yesterday afternoon, cleared customs, got our bags and then had the nearly 2.5 hour drive home. We got home around 8:30 PM (around 2:30 AM Amsterdam time) and we were SOOOO tired, as you can imagine. Still, the daytime flight back worked better for us both than the overnight flight did.

Today I've gotten unpacked, washed the remaining laundry (I did most in Amsterdam), went through all the mail, etc. I'm still in jammies and thinking about taking a hot bath.

Poor DH spent the night here and then headed straight to VA in the morning for an overnighter. His parents are in a bad way. His Mom totaled the rental van (and also totaled the van she hit- thank god no one was hurt in that car) and is still in the hospital. She had a decent sized gash on her leg and also fractured her sternum. She is apparently in a good bit of pain. FIL has a home health agency with him 24/7 for now. Younger BIL and SIL are there also, getting things set up for the move.. all that happening in the next 3 weeks. So as you can imagine it is just nuts over there. Plus poor DH is sick- he has had a bad cold for about six days now.

I am overall doing well. The trip was fab. Feeling a bit rundown but that is partly just the return/jet lag plus mild vertigo which is just hanging around lately. Very mild and generally not a problem. I should be seeing DS17 and the dogs momentarily. I think I just heard his car door close. He was at a sleepover last night so I haven't seen him yet. He did great on his report card. All As and Bs. Highest honor roll with the Bs being in AP classes.

Jaz- SUPER SUPER excited about your plans!!! That is the BEST way to travel - to be in an area and live there for a few months. You are going to have so many great experiences!! GIRL I want to help you plan!!

Trig- dropping weight like crazy!! You are wise to realize that you do still need to eat. Please make sure you do so. If you get to feeling really cold all the time or whatever, please take heed. Looking back when I was dropping weight so fast, I was really tanking my thyroid big time and undereating. Not implying you are AT ALL. Just mentioning that as I didn't realize it at the time but did later.

Good on you for already having an eye on the ball for Xmas. I have lists for DH, DD and SoIL so I will work on those this week. I am thinking a new phone for me- I took my big camera on the trip but only carried it for one day- the weight of it wasn't worth it. I used my phone exclusively. So I want to upgrade from my iPhone 6 plus to one with a great camera on it instead.

Lori- I think the bookshop job would be outstanding for you. People, activity, all of it. I would do that. Really sounds good. Interested to hear how the interview goes!

Blue- Glad you got your big project done. I hope your big client is kind to you about it. Sounds like things are going along pretty well and nothing is too crazy high stress. Good!

What is the latest on whether or not you will be visiting your son?

•••••••

Taking the weekend to get settled. Then I will be working 4-8 three days this week. They asked me to come in for full days but I declined. I want to get in two doula visits if I can this week, plus continue work on preparing that business wise. I also have a CASA visit of course. That is plenty for this week back.

Heading back onto UD/DD starting with a DD tomorrow.
  #2724   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 14:14

BF:

putting down my dot- back in a few .........
  #2725   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 19:06

BF:

Good EVENING!!! What a DAY!!!

Trig- this comment: cleaning house today. gotta move this, clean up that for the moms to come for thanksgiving....start to think about putting out some holiday crap for Christmas. So focus on that today."
Had me laughing out loud. My god you are just.... the way you write is priceless- Annie Oakley even in your writing!
You are jaw dropping just dropping the pounds like a wet sweater! I swear I am striving to get to that point. Getting ever so close.
I know you are doing that other thread and doing so well- I'm not going to crash it- we can chat here. I have posted once or twice- but that is your baby- RUN with it!
Girlllllllll- You SOOOOOOOO have this!!!!!!!!!!

BLUE- - I love Simon and Garfunkel, I am an old rock and roll soul!!!! Passed the love down to my son.
I can't wait to see what you are working on!!!!!
I can't wait to hear the projects! Age is a number- yes there is some of that out there, but the boomers - you are are paving a new way for me right behind you!!!!! You go- and keep it rocking!

NIC- WELCOME HOME!!!!!!- I am so sorry to hear about the mess with the family. Good news- your MIL was thankfully not seriously injured or anybody in the other car. What a MESS!!!!! Thankfully your BIL and wife are stepping up!
Add the fact your hubby is sick and wow- full plate, and then you jump right back into work. No wonder you took a Jammie day and relaxed- it would take more than one day for me, and has!!!! I am crossing my finger that your hubby does not shred's his cold with you!
Re-entry back is always exhausting!!!!! Hope you rested up. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! Sounds like all in all (except the Inlaw saga) the trip was good!

Lori- I am so excited to hear about how tomorrow goes for you. SMART girl to check out the lay of the land! Are you still basking in the glow of - hey don't lose anymore weight?????? Hell I would put that on a video and play it to myself everyday!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
But you worked for it!
----------------------------------------
I can't tell you ladies what I am feeling right now! HUGE optimism. Do I think it will be a walk in the park? NO NO AND NO!
I have You tubed every single "life in the day of a travel nurse, Mistakes of travels nursing, money of travel nursing, what I wish I knew starting out. - HELPFUL YOU BET!!!!!!!

I know that if I play my cards right I will be able to go where I want and make a frekin $$$killing. Add that to the fact I have a stable renter for the next year and don't have to make any decisions about my house right now and the mortgage will be paid. it will knock down my mortgage 15,000 in the next year to have a solid renter.
Plus I will not have to pay 2 places to live. All the utilities will be on her. She is still making out better than her rent- with a garage, and a yard and will be living next door to her mom, my neighbor. They are like family to me. I feel really good about that.

So my fist gig will hopefully start Nov. 25th- and run to Mid Feb here in Atlanta. That will give me time to move, pack, and get ready for J to take one one rthe house March 1. I will rent one year and decide after that.

So when I do go to sell/ when I do- it will be beneficial. Ya wear and tear. Nothing a coat of paint won't take care of. It was newly updated before I moved in.

SO....... If you want to get a feel for what I am about to embark on you tube life of a travel nurse. It is alot of planning. The job is cake, it is the planning, and being organized. I have learning through the others that are talking about it- the BEST way to go hands down is to take the stipen and find my own housing. Just about everyone says they use AirBnB- or of the like. Not hotels. Plus you get to write it off on your taxes and keep what is left over.

Also you need to work with a min of 2/ best 3 agencies at all times. Be ready to plan your next gig half way when you are down with the current one. also EVERYONE recommends taking a week between jobs. I can see where I am going to need a real deal planner.
They recommend it.
HEY NIC- !!!!!!!!!! Jump in ANYTIME !!!! HAHAHAHAHA

So the best for me is to take a local gig that starts end of Nov- and runs until March. then turn the house over to J.
I want to put some stuff in storage- but I think if I do this for a year or two my couches and fabric furniture will not be good left in storage. So I will try to sell those. I will give my daughter first dibs.

It will give me a bit of spending cash and less junk to store. I have such loose attachment to STUFF. The only thing that is making me cringe is that treadmill I just HAD TO HAVE. It is now 2 years old and I have used it less than 5 times. Would it still be ok if I stored it- I dunno. Possible it could sit there another year or two in storage. or I could list it for 4-5 hundred.
Any takers?

TRIG/ ALL- guess where this gal is going for MARCH/ APRIL MAY????.......... !st choice I am going to push hard for is Florida beach side. There are tons of positions in Tampa, and Sarasota, and Palm beach. Ummmmmmmmmmmm YES PLEASE.
Florida is a great way to ease into travel. BEACH- are you kidding!!!!!

NIC- locate me a beach from ABNB!!!! HAHAHAHAHA-

WOE- stellar today. I had 2 huge sausage links and a small bit of sautéed mushrooms, mustard. One glass of wine.

I am at mom's right now dog sitting. it is late. She went to a wedding. Her niece/ my cousin. She felt obligated. I didn't. I just didn't. My DD went too, as of course did my aunt.
I think maybe I should have made the effort. But I don't drive well at night and it is 2.5 hours away, and I was not feeling it.

WOE- tightening in up- thoughts of me on the beach in a few months. I need to be in better shape!!!!!

Working on it. I am so so so so happy I am free- The best thing that ever happy- that place to let me go. I can recoup in the sand and water.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Nov-09-19 at 19:11.
  #2726   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 21:55

BF:

I am researching as to wether I can wrap my furniture in plastic and keep it? Any thoughts- BLUE- you work with furniture. Can I keep it in good shape and save it for a few years or is is worth it to move on-

I would really like thoughts on this........of course climate control is a no brainer but I lost stuff there too once
  #2727   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 06:14

BF:

Nicco….wow on that fun trip but I am super sure you will get so tired so fast. chillax a bit if you can.....but with the inlaws etc. you get another wow. Hard times. And DH not feeling well.
You guys do have a lot on your plate right now. Wishing everything settles well for ya'll. It can be chaos sometimes it feels!

Lori....cool report on your bookstore. Now you got a feel for it....can't wait to hear what goes down.

Your DHs hunting starts later up there right?

Jaz. very cool on your traveling nurse.

hey on your house....does the renter need it all.....in that can you take 1 bedroom and use as a storage locker. Does she need the whole house? You could store things right in your own home. stick in the dreadmill, a couch, some side tables or whatever you do want to keep. That would give you enough to come home when and if you do want to stay. Stick your bed in there, that kind of thing.....shut the door and tell the renter you needed that 1 bit of space and if it cool in that rental deal?

Hey you never know....that might work for ya. Plus you don't have to pay locker storage fees. Just a suggestion

Good change, good money, good times. first time out and about will be a bit of a crazy but as with anything once you get the feel of it you are good to go!

HI BLUE
Greg no idea where ya are

doing well
just so cold here.

quiet. kinda boring. kid sleeps all the time LOL which is fine, whatever. Hubby still hunting til like Tues I think

just doing this and that

going out with Barb in a day or 2 when we meet up and hit the stores for some side Christmas presents. Wanna get some of that little stuff and get it over with. Will be good day when we go.

other than that, SOS here.

great day all
  #2728   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 07:15

BF:

Good Morning!

DH says it's not that cold out this morning, but it sure felt chilly when I crawled out of bed! I got a pair of Smartwool socks and couldn't wait to put them on this morning. I don't know why my feet are always cold in the morning? I just tried the socks for the first time yesterday and I'm in love! I ordered another pair last night. I was afraid they would be itchy, but no....and so warm!

I'm hoping to pry myself out of this chair long enough to do a run/walk this afternoon. I know I'll feel better if I do.

Jaz.....Yes, I think I'm within a couple pounds of my goal weight. I know I can gain in a heartbeat, so I have to stay vigilant. DH told me again yesterday that I shouldn't lose any more. I have noticed that since I lost this last 12 lbs that I can't lay on my side in bed for long or it hurts my hip. I must have lost that fat pad on the side? This is a problem since I'm a side sleeper. I am learning to sleep on my back too.

You sure have a lot of planning to do for your new job. I'll be anxious to hear all about it.

Trig.....DH & DS & DGS have been archery hunting for the past few weeks. Rifle season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. They are leaving to go to Illinois hunting on 11/20. Thousands of $$ to hunt the same deer we have here in Pennsylvania. Whatever. I'll never understand it, so I don't try.

Nic......feel so bad about what you all are going thru with the inlaws, and feel sorry for them too! So frightening for everyone involved. Been there, done that.

Sounds like you hit the ground running after your trip. Getting back to reality can be rather shocking after a long time away.

Blue....hope you're having a nice weekend in your cozy nest.

-------

Cup of coffee #2 is in hand. Not sure what I'll get into today, other than getting out for some exercise. Of course, I'll have to come up with something for dinner. Well....cat wants on my lap, so have to move my computer. She rules the roost! Later!
  #2729   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 09:18

BF:

hear ya on the socks Lori in winter LOL
I own like 3 pairs, all winter socks.
other than that I never wear them. not even with sneakers on hiking. barefoot type gal here...is that good or bad, I don't know and I don't care on it HAHA

Yea hubby did the hunt trips also. They are super expensive if ya ask me.....but it is an adventure they are buying so....I guess I understand it but it sure is not anything I would spend my dimes on You guys will come back super happy from that trip I am sure!
  #2730   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 11:35

BF:

Lori- Hummmmmmmm, I am pulling back in the recesses of my memories what it was like to lay on my side and feel my ribs and hips! I have to say it is an awesome feeling!
We carb hounds ALWAYS have the propensity to regain. I am not saying that to be a negative Nelly, hardly. I am being realistic. I never EVER EVER thought I would be this size again from a solid 4/6 if you can believe it. I maintained that for almost 8 years. Truly then overnight I woke up fat again.
I will tell you carb creep is so real. However, I wasn't vigilant. I just thought- well I am thin, good to go.

WHEN I hit my goal again I will do as you are doing. Being mindful and not taking it for granted. I will say to you, GREAT GREAT work! A fit great body takes work, and you have put in the time and work!!! Well deserved.

NIC- Are you feeling rested up? How is your hubby doing? Hope he gets to feel better super soon. What is the updates on the IL'S? You sure have your hands full!!!!!!

Trig- I am super excited for you. Are you noticing a change in your clothes? I can't wait to see where you land. I love you said you are SO SO SO far into non hunger it just peaked my interest.

I went to the store and basically picked up meats. I am so tweaking to more Carivore as well. I keeps me full. I have sausage links yesterday.
Today is meatballs I will make. Binder is an egg- no bread.
I might make it a meatloaf. Anyway I have sage sausage and turkey.

Glad you are just rolling along! - That is BEST!!!!!!!
Sun is out- lace up those boots girl and go hit it!!!!

Blue- Hoping you are having great weekend!!!! I bet it is pretty there. Trees just now sorta turning. Dipped to 40's last night. perfect fireplace weather.
How are your projects coming along? You have peaked my interest.
------------------------------------------------
All- I am going to come back and write. I want to get out while I am feeling motivated.
I am going to get a haircut. It is now hitting below my bra line down my back. Shapeless and hanging.

I am going to get a layered bob just past my shoulders. take about 5-6 inches off. It will be more youthful I think.

back later. I am going to come back put meatloaf/ balls in oven and lug out the Christmas tree. I wasn't going to. But I changed my mind.
It will most likely be my last Christmas here. I am good with that. This doll house has fit the need - and will make a great rental. And when I am ready to settle again, will bring me some $$.

Ok ladies- off into my day!
Closed Thread