Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#601   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-20, 08:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TRIG- We cross posted! I am sorry to hear about the kiddo and her "TOM". I know you are bummed and I hate you are struggling this that leg. What have you done in the past to help it? Is there anything that can be done?
Massages, stretches, PT? Pain can take ya out fast!

How is Barbs mom? Any updates? Rough!
How is your mom doing in all of this. Sounds like this virus has not effected your parts much. Keep updated though- it's unpredictable.

I am so happy and proud of the way to have stuck to your guns with your Carnivore lifestyle. Your other thread is picking up some new people as well. You are a fine leader there! Don't you ditch us here though!!!!!!!
But honestly you are doing GREAT! I am a bit jelly of your loses! I had a real hard time and started gaining on it. It is not for everyone. I do however thing the basic ZERO or as close as you can get is best.
Studies are now testing Keto and cancer and inflammation. But Carnivore is one more step in. It suits you perfectly. You should have the kiddo take you pic and let us see that rocking new bod!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Enjoy your pool side with Barb- 6 feet apart of course
Any word on if the kiddo is going back to school this year ?

Enjoy your day!
Sponsored Links
  #602   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-20, 09:07

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm here.....got up at my usual 5AM....up before Gabby this morning!

So far, so good here. DH is finally getting over the lingering cough he had. He never felt sick, just the annoying cough. I took care of Betty while he was actively coughing, but he has been going to see her the past week or so. She wanted him to help her clean out a closet in her bedroom. Clothes, shoes & handbags. He said you never saw so many pairs of shoes! She was a very stylish, single lady back in the 50's & 60's. It is hard for her to let go of things, but she knows it needs to be done. Donating most items in the hopes that someone will be able to use them. DH has no work at the moment for the Rec Authority, so a good time to help Betty with some clean out.

There are a few items on my grocery list, but nothing we need right now. I'm trying to avoid going around other people as much as possible. A part of me would just like to get the dang virus and get it over with. I feel like we're all living with an axe above our heads! I know it isn't inevitable that we will all get it, but they're saying something like 80% of us will.

Trig.....sorry your trip is cancelled, but probably for the best with all this stuff going on and both you and DD not feeling your best. It would be frustrating for you not to be able to walk on the beach etc.

Jaz....glad you got the scrubs you need. Sounds like the best option.

Sorry your lawn service went kaput. Hopefully you'll find someone else to step up and do it for you.

I'm so there with you on the comfort eating. Trying to do better today and stay pretty much LC. Although, I'm making Cuban chicken with chimichurri & black beans for dinner. Beans are clearly not LC, but I have tested my blood sugar after eating beans and they don't seem to effect me. It will be what it will be.

Blue & Nic Hope you're doing well.

My eye bothers me off and on. I have a regular eye Dr. appt in late April, but who knows if I'll be able to keep it? The eye is more annoying than painful, so thankful for that. I really think it's something I'm going to have to learn to live with. Having it removed and a graft taken from somewhere and put over it does not appeal to me in the least. They only do that if it hinders your vision or is very painful. Small worries.

It is only around 40 degrees right now, but supposed to get sunny & near 60. I NEED to get out for a walk this afternoon. Weekend is looking super rainy, so I'll have to walk with an umbrella or raincoat. I may just do that as it's supposed to be 65 degrees! Woohoo!

Hang in there gals!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Mar-26-20 at 14:40.
  #603   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-20, 15:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, yea plain old scrubs you can wash fast and easy, makes perfect sense. but that price? wow I think Walmart has scrubs for like $12 a top LOL but I am sure the scrub place is way better quality.

It is Barb's hubby's mom. Her MIL. Doing not great. surgery looks like will happen. they can't unplug her with meds. she got the preggo blown up gut look so they are not sure what to do....surgery at 96 or let'er die....I mean come on ya know....hosp. is actually dragging it out....Barb said hubby Rex is going to demand something and chat with his mom who said she will do surgery to fix her so....will see

Glad your son is better! Hey it could be reg. old pneumonia cause there is other crud out there going around and even tho cv is out there, other crap is out there too
Glad he is doing fine on his meds!!

Lori glad your DH is doing better also.

I got the sludge from allergies now. Constant throat clearing and all. annoying but liveable with meds of course

I hope your eye holds fine til ya get someone to check it. I think I heard of that before and not a horrible thing, ya know, to be super worried about and can wait a bit but yea, like you I would want an eye dr. sooner than later too

hubby got a drive job...home around 7 tonight

kid is testing my patience, being snippy. the joy, the bundle of fun in my life, yea right

hit mom's and shopped and home to laundry, clean this and that and had 2 cans of tuna and mayo. Not hungry. But I think by 7 I have to at least eat some of my steak...I don't wanna lose it to the garbage. hate when I defrost something and don't really want it.

nothing much more...bored already LOL
  #604   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-20, 18:09

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---

Sorry about your trip going poof! But yeah, when you listed all the cons involved I think you made the right decision. And super sorry about the canceled trip to Canada---know that was long looked forward to by you and your fam.

SO PROUD OF YOU for making it thru all this ON PLAN, Stan. You've got gumption girl! Always knew there was a reason I've always thought of you as my Annie Oakley Pal.

And "lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" as Dorothy would say---ain't nothing compared to being hunkered down with just one teenager. Hat tip to you girl, and good luck.

(((((jaz))))))---Oh honey, I hear you on the woe. You have been SO consistent, for SO LONG, save for a tiny off note now and then. You have been BEYOND patient. But then I also think right now is not the time to be hard on yourself. Do the best you can. You are living alone, and I have pals who are too, and that's an even harder path to hoe in some respects---although LOL, the silver lining is also not being in such marital close proximity day and night.

Y'know, I think when you get back on the job---scary as that is, but also better knowing you're on a "clean" unit of heart patients---it will be easier for you to get back on the woe too. It is hard to "shelter in place" w/very few distractions and food can become a pacifier like never before. So dear pal, be gentle with yourself for now. Things never stay the same, even in these times. You WILL be back at what you do best, you WILL be challenged and distracted from just sitting around and worrying about stuff. I just betcha eating cleaner will become easier and more attractive to you when your best skills are put to use again.

So glad to hear your son is doing better. Might have been the big V or might have been a bacterial infection that led to pneumonia. Gotta tell you, I had your son's exact symptoms a couple of years ago and ended up in the ER at midnight. Got the same treatment he did and started to recover almost immediately. People forget that there's ALSO a lot of other bugs out there right now. Corona does not respond to that treatment from what I can tell, as your son is responding well to it. But then, till there's enough testing to go around, we'll simply not know.

Lori---Well, that is just the sweetest thing ever that your hubby was over going thru all Aunt Betty's shoes w/her, helping her to downsize. You sure married a good man, but then, he picked a mighty good woman too.

Heh. I understand that feeling of "...I might as well just get this thing and get over it and the fear." Have thought that myself a couple of times. But, NO, we really don't want that to happen, as hard as it is to live w/the worry. Yeah, for many it's nothing, but for others, it's bad. And I'll tell you, the most scared I ever was for my health is what I was telling Jaz above. When it gets that bad in a respitory way, it's the pits. And IF we have to get it, which I don't think we necessarily do IF we can be patient with the current guidelines, then the bought time will be worth it in terms of better available treatments.

Nic---I smiled big time (and these days I'll take all of those I can get) about your son writing "quarantine songs." It's just so hopeful, y'know? I mean there he is watching his senior year fade away, and yet he's using his creativity to make it better. He's focusing on his feelings and getting them out in the healthiest of ways. YAY T!

How about you, pal? Are you doing? More settled in w/the program than when you returned?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been struggling a bit myself to be honest. I'm feeling---oh what is the word?---oh yeah, TRAPPED---that's it! Haha. Although I can be a real home body and really enjoy my alone time, I'm also realizing how much energy I'm used to taking from the world around me, that's just not there for us now.

We did do a kind of fun thing last night. We had a Zoom virtual happy hour with 6 other friends of ours. Of course it took us more than a bit to figure out how to set it up, but it was worth it, and it was fun. After a bit I kind of forgot it was all virtual and just enjoyed my pals. Anyway, well worth looking into if this sort of thing appeals to you. Didn't think it would appeal to me, but you know what they say, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." I don't know how "tough" I really am, always thought I was tough enough, but these are challenging times.
Still, we figured it out and we'll do it again. A couple times a week with some pals would be nice.

Don't think this would work well with more than about 6 people, because otherwise y'all end up in tiny boxes. But w/6 of us, it was fun, and a relief of sorts.

Sending all my love and hopes to all of you. We'll get thru this, and how nice it is to do it together.

XOBlue

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Mar-26-20 at 18:18.
  #605   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-20, 04:30

BF:

FUNNY!!

https://youtu.be/i_QXvh8fVPI

definitely worth a good laugh!!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Mar-27-20 at 06:21.
  #606   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-20, 05:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Not quite 8AM and I've been to the laundromat with some stuff for Betty. As before, I put it in the dryer and came home. DH will go and get it in about an hour. He also has to stop by the grocery store and grab a few items for her.

Rainy this morning but supposed to clear this afternoon. I never did get out for a walk yesterday. The sun never came out till 3 o'clock and by then I was over it. Kind of in a blue funk yesterday and just said the H with it.

Over and out from here. Hope you all are staying well.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Mar-27-20 at 07:03.
  #607   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-20, 06:21

BF:

Lori you are up and at'em. Me too, got dryer running now LOL

our sunny decent day is big time overcast and not sunny. it better come out but heck looks more like Tstorm weather than the great day they promised, ugh

wind has chilly hit to it.

so just chugging along.

hubby off to drive work.

kid sleeping.

me, boring as heck and gonna clean something in a bit LOL

over and out
  #608   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-20, 08:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Wow, til May 15th, huh? Seems like you guys get out not too long after that, right? May as well just shut them all down, seems like.

What does online school look like for her?

Sorry the trips got canceled. I get it though.

Congrats on the scale going down!

Jaz- Funny on the playlist! I had downloaded Tom Hanks/Rita Wilson's playlist before our trip.

No home visit with CASA kids- we did a FaceTime call for a visit.

Glad your DS is doing better still.

Hugs on the scrubs. I am just off the chain right now. I am starting to feel like I can wrap my brain around getting back on track. I am trying to offset it by walking and moving.

Lori- What is he update with your eye? Is it feeling any better at all?

You and your DH are so sweet to Betty.

Blue- That Zoom meet up sounds like so much fun. Look at you and the Hubs, getting all techy with it!

Trig- That video did make me laugh!

••••••••••••

Puttering along here. I feel like I am starting to adjust to this new reality now. I'm walking daily and so far have hit 10K steps each day, which is good for me.

Lots more cooking than I am used to doing, just because there are more people and we are all here. When it was just DH, DS18 and I, we would have a family dinner a couple of days a week, but otherwise DH was working late or I would eat an early dinner or whatever. Plus, there were plenty of leftovers. Now we are all eating dinner together and there are few leftovers! I've made meatloaf and potatoes, crack slaw etc and it is getting hoovered up. The kitchen is in heavy use in general. DS21 is up this morning and cooked sausages, then made himself an egg, cheese and sausage omelet.

DS18 is waking up, checking in for whatever classes he has to check in for and then going back to sleep with his computer on. I don't even care. Last quarter of his senior year and it has gone to sh!t for him, you know? His Quarter 3 grades were three As, three Bs and a C. One of the As is an AP, which makes it a Super A, and his C was an AP which makes it a B. So he did just fine. Numerically his super A would make one of his Bs an A... anyway, however you look at it, he did just fine. Now as long as he stays reasonably steady this last quarter I just really don't even give a rip. I'm on a text group of Senior Moms who are monitoring their kids online schooling etc and I am just not even replying.

Today I want to clean the basement and DS18's bedroom and bathroom (but DS18 is asleep, so...) and do the boys' sheets, and possibly go to ACE hardware (locally owned) to do a curbside pickup of some things I'd like to get. I need to repot a cactus, I'd like to plant some cherry tomatoes. I may mow the front lawn where it is mostly weeds/grass that grows fast. I want to get my walk in. Just puttering stuff.

Not much else to report to you all. Hugs!
  #609   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-20, 09:09

BF:

Good Morning- Here for my morning check in!
My last Friday off for a while I am not getting out of my pajamas!!!
I am truly taking a vacay day. I am going to put on some beef tips and serve over cali rice and call it a day.

Trig- OMG, a teen with TOM.............. I miss the some of the funniest emoji's. It would be funny to insert there. Girl- SO BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!! I had one of each. A boy and a girl. There are plus and minus to raising both. I will say raising a boy seemed easier. They pretty much keep to themself and are even keeled.
Girls are much more drama- but even still, there is a special relationship for better or worse between a daughter and her mom.
Although I will tell you my DS is a good one and calls me everyday.

But I feel for you! - I know you are already looking too see what else is out there to go to in your RV! Maybe in a few weeks? It will be warmer anyway! Maybe you can stay longer!
How is your mom dealing with everything? I know that being in the country spread out it doesn't seem like life has changed much. They actually said that on the news today.
There seems to be a divide between dense cities and the rural communities. That being said- the thinking is that the midwest is a few weeks behind NYC. But heck who knows?

I think we just all need to do what we can and protect those we can and life life!
What is on your dinner plate tonight? I know you have to be feeling so so so good. I knew that you would eventually start losing again once your body adjusted. I bet your labs are stellar!

Lori- - Oh girl don't wish the big C-19 on yourself. I read that here in Atlanta they found a 42 year nurse dead on the floor with her 4 year daughter laying beside her. She worked here at on of the hospitals in the breast center. It made headline news of course.
Scared the HELLO out of me! The breast center is a "clean" unit! I feel badly for her daughter. Of course they didn't say if she had any under lying conditions. So I am like Blue- I think we need to do what we can to stop spread and buy us some time.

Switching gears- I would be interested in knowing what Beatty is donating. So before you just ship them to the Goodwill. I would do some research about companies that buy vintage clothing and shoes, handbags, jewelry. They use them for costumes sets for movies.
She might not need the money- but what a priceless gift to the movie sets ect. something to think about before you just clean out! That stuff would be work a mint.
You could sell it in a bunch/ lot as vintage on eBay. Movie set scour those sights for exactly what she has! Even things that would sit on a dresser. perfume bottles, purses, gloves, etc..........

I have sold stuff recently on eBay. It is not hard to set up. I can walk you though it if you are interested. Something to think about.

Hopefully you will get a walk in today! I am going to push myself to get out today!

Blue- I looked up Zoom after you posted that. It only gives you 40 free minutes. Did you use the free service? I was also thinking that maybe FaceTime might be an option too. I just don't know how to get multiple people on.
My DD said that Face Book has an app that lets you do that too!
I would love to have "happy hour" with my gal pals here without putting any of us in harms way!
My one gal pal is going to the hospital daily to sit with her dad in Hospice. She not only is she exposed, but she could take stuff to him and I would hate to be the one to give her something.

I am sorry you are feeling stuck at home. I think we all are!!!!!! Any opportunity to sit outside yet? I know you might not be as warm as we are here! I plan to sit outside a bit and get some sun on my face this afternoon- if not a walk!
You said you and the hubby were taking walks- are you still doing that?

Oh..... Went to Trader Joes yesterday. Yup- they only let in 40 people at a time and you can't stand more than 6 feet apart. They were stocked well and I was happy about that. Bought more TP!!!! Also picked up 2 pounds grass-fed beef and chicken and 2 packages of fresh ocean salmon- not farmed.
Picked up some beef tips I have in the crock pot as I type this and will pair it with cali rice later.

I liked the idea of you setting a time frame for a routine and then sticking to it. It sure beats the crap out of sitting around and just waiting for the "other shoe to drop"!!!!!!!!!-
I sure do remember when you got so sick. It took you down for a couple weeks! We were pretty worried about you! Thank goodness that is past!

How is your new show going?

NIC- HI!!!!!!!!! -
----------------------------------------------------------------
So I went back to the uniform shop yesterday to exchange one of the tops. It had a ink stain on a white shirt I paid 38 dollars for and did not want to keep it. So I exchanged it for 2 on clearance. One is a pretty sea-foam teal, the other is a really pale sky blue.

I did go to Walmart first for uniforms and the quality and selection was...............
So I went ahead and just sucked it up and bout some higher quality scrubs and ones that don't make me look like Sponge Bob. I tossed it on a credit card and figure I will pay it off after I get paid.
My account is clapping to get a paycheck!

So what I am going to do is take the next month or two to get "caught up and back on square"- and then attempt to live on one paycheck and start building up my rainy day fund and make double and triple payments on my car. I would love to not have a car payment.

Speaking of cars: So when I was going though my divorce and truly lost everything, my SUV was repoed. It was a tough time in my life.
I lost my job in the recession of 2008 at the same time I was getting divorced. Funny the ex lost his job too and we ended up using the same lawyer.
Anyway- we both lost our cars- REPO man!

So I was in school and living on unemployment at that time. I had a very small rainy day fund. I allowed myself to get a car for 3,000 tops. That had to include tax, tags, EVERYTHING.
So I scoured and scoured used car lots online.
The day after Christmas I found a Pontiac Intrigue Sport. It had leather bucket seat, fully loaded and under 40,000 miles for 3,500.
I went down and test drive it. It drove like a top! OMG I LOVED that car!
The sales guy believe it or not came down in price 500. I told him my situation and he gave up his commission for me and gave me the car for what they paid for it. HUGE BLESSING.
I drove that car for 4 years. There was another couple standing in live to buy it on the spot too! I just happen to get there first.

I have never had a car I loved so much. The body of the car was so sporty- it was a one oner who was an older man and he upgraded. Plus it was paid for. Favorite car was the one I paid the least for! 4 years later the engine block cracked and was not repairable. Sniff Snifff....... But You know I really loved having a reliable car and no payments and want to get back to that point.

Anyway- I got off on a car tangent! I am not into "stuff" much. But every now and again I really do fall for something. I really like my Honda, but I LOVED my sport car! Pontiac doesn't even make cars anymore!!!

Sun is peaking out today. I MIGHT put on some yoga pants and take the pup for a walk.
I also need to "do my hair" sometime between now and Monday. Thankfully I picked up hair color before everything sold out.

I so need to sort out my closet too. I have put that off........ Stuff I could be doing and just haven't.
rambling again............
  #610   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-20, 11:32

BF:

Cross Posted with ya NIC-
You know what I so would do the same thing for the DS18. It will be something he remember his ENTIRE life that his senior year basically was taken from him!
I hate that for him and to all those that are seniors this year and everything they have had to forgo! Dances, Graduation, Parties, sports, plays, you name it!
So yeah......... let that boy sleep!

So is DS21 and DD/ SIL living with you now? Wow that would be a lot of people.
Even adding your DS21 and his GF is extra $$, time, cleaning and cooking. Is everyone still working from home?
How is DH handling all this. You have been quiet on that front- not that I want to pry!

It is so different when isolating as a family and all the coming and going and activity vs just me.

I sure wished you lived closer if you want to mow!!!!!!!!!!!

I am basking in 85 and pure sunshine today and want to get in a walk. I am in the ONLY STRETCH pair of shorts I found in the back of my closet. they were my "fat" shorts and I tucked them back there a few years ago when they were too big and forgot about them. I truly need to do a real assessment of what fits and what doesn't and what never will.

It is also time to store winter stuff- we have hit 80's this week and aren't looking back to sweaters at this point which is fine with me.

I might pull out my tropical lounge chair (remember that one) and sit in the sun for a bit of color.
I just need to put some sun screen on my neck. I woke up this morning with a lovely little hive neckless. When I get super stressed I get stress hives, and IBS. - no tummy troubles, hives present and accounted for.
They show up on my neck and upper chest. Benadryl helps but knocks me out so I save that for night time.
I didn't sleep well last night because I started dreaming about the virus and work. That article really got to me.

I had to turn the channel and now I have HGTV and some 80's music rocking my airwaves!!!!!! Sun blasting in- windows open and fans going!
My beef tips are starting to smell amazing. Turned them too low!

Hanging in and jamming!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting! I love it when we all are here. comforting to me!
  #611   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-20, 13:12

BF:

Just back from a 5 mile walk. 1 hour 36 minutes. Slow, even pace. Showered and now having a lite beer. We're getting take out or delivery for dinner tonight. I've been cooking every night for weeks and I'm tired of it. Need a night off!

Beautiful day here....now ugly, rainy weekend ahead. Oh well....at least we had today.

Oh....I listened to Victoria Albina's latest podcast(Feminist Wellness) while I was walking. It was entitled "Uncertainty" Lots of good things to think about.

Hope it's been a good day for you.
  #612   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-20, 05:31

BF:

5 mile walk...that is great Lori. Good to get out in the air!!
Yea take out sounds good vs. cooking any old day LOL

Jaz, sounds like you will tackle that car payment. I hate all payments also HA
Yes get out the lounge chair. I did yesterday. Clouds left, sun came out, got warm and I hit the back porch to soak up rays. In my old bathing suit which was too big....wee

Nicco, hope your basement cleaning went well....cleaning, boo
You had me laughing on your kid's online school and not caring....I am right there with you. Kid was all As coming into this, I started asking her all about it and emails and assignments and she went apesh** on me, MOM I WILL HANDLE IT and I thought, screw this, I don't care one bit now LOL On Mond they get assignments to be all turned in by Friday. All I said was it is Friday is all worked submitted? omg the BS I got over that question, ugh. So what grades happen happen, what goes down goes down and this whole school year is f'd up and all kids are experiencing it so it won't matter in the long run what grades are for my kid after this is all over. I mean it is what it is and I am SO f'ing over online school crap now.

HI Blue...check in when ya can, hope you are doing well!

So I got out the lounge cause around 2 yesterday sun finally came out, hit low 80s and I soaked up sun for a few hrs. Old bathing suit I use around house is too big....well hell I stretched it out anyway but it was tighter before and I have to say it was very baggie so I know I am improving so far. I have some smaller suits I have in the closet, will pick a day and try them on and see. One suit I love, same size as another I bought but of course sizes are never the same as we all know....that size was like easily 2 sizes smaller than another manufacturer but I didn't return the suit cause I love it and want to get in it at some point in my life LOL so I will try on those suits and see where I stand. Ugh tho it seems like a lot of work to try on anything nowadays HAHA

today is boring. hubby to mow MILs yard. getting kid to mow our back and get her azz out of the house a bit, I will do who knows what.

everything good here, no crazy lockdowns and such but they are getting more on the tv about 'stay home' and don't wander for no reason type info more. Being very more rural we just are not like a city type situation.

over and out
  #613   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-20, 06:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....congrats on the baggie swimsuit! No better feeling in the world! Hope you find some more of your favorites fitting great this year.

Good luck getting DD out to mow the yard. I would think she would fight you on that.

Nic, Jaz and Blue!

Take out food didn't happen last night. Our favorite pizza place is apparently closed as there was no answer when I tried calling. Makes sense, I guess. I may try using Doordash tonight and get a delivery.

I was a pouty baby for awhile when I had to scrape something up for DH to eat, but then I reined myself in and gave myself a talking to. So lucky to have plenty of food in the house. I ate a warmed up hamburger patty. Wasn't what I had my mouth set for, but it's only food after all.

It is raining like crazy today, so I won't be going outside. Hoping to be able to go for a walk tomorrow.

Another day.....take care all.
  #614   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-20, 06:23

BF:

Lori, I pout like you when I gotta cook and I had no intention of cooking anymore than I have to for the day.

kid gets me like that. we all eat at diff. times mostly in this house, I am way off everyone else. But I do have 'meal time' sometimes for all of us...meat for me and sides for them but usually it is more rare now. None of us care LOL We are tight knit enough family where a meal each night is just not required for a check in or anything like that

You know a lot of places are changing their hrs too. Shorter cause of no dining in. Our fav pizza place did that. Was gonna order one on way to mom's at 10 am while I pass the place to her house, give her 3 slices to eat, take home rest for kid and hubby and she called and called and no answer. Found out later they changed from opening at 10 to 11:30 each day now, hit lunch order crowd and they are closing like 2 hrs earlier in their night. Instead of close at 10 they close at 8.

I feel so bad for small biz right now. Thankfully our government will give leeway and cheap loans and tax write offs and more to keep these biz alive. I hope many can make it.

Hey I was thrilled to hear we are getting gov. money LOL

Nicco----don't you wish your kiddos were younger now? $500 per kid but yours are older now LOL but hey they get the big check for their ages now.....very cool

so was to go to Barb's to booze up at her pool but her MIL might have surgery today for her bowel backup. nothing is good at age 96 for any of this obvy. So on my own here today, rum and lounge chair later, hmm, sounding good LOL
  #615   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-20, 09:33

BF:

Oh sleepy me!!!!!!- This ol gal REALLY slept in. OMG its 10:30 and just pouring my first cup of coffee!!!!! Oh boy it felt good to sleep and sleep.

TRIG- My mouth fell open to hear you talk about dropping 2 sizes and happy about bathing suits! GADS!!!!- I just knew you would be rocking this season! Good for you!!!!! You have really worked hard for it! INSPIRING!!!
Yup you deserve a day in the lounger with a rum drink! I might virtually join you this afternoon and raise a glass on your behalf!

Lori- I can't tell you how disappointing it is to have your sights set on a certain something and then you don't get it. It doesn't matter then what you eat- it is not as good!
I have done that too! Just last week I wanted the crab seafood salad from this upscale seafood house. I have had it a few times. They use romaine and true lump crab and shrimp.
Well I called to see if they were doing curb side and they were, but they were not doing the seafood salad. BUMMED!!!!!

I am totally missing crab from DE about now. Nothing here in the south can even TOUCH that crab! Sighhhhhhhhhhh........ Plus I was tired from scrub shopping and wanted to treat myself as well from the kitchen and pick up something healthy and go. I ended up getting a Cobb salad. But it was MEH......... Not my crab!

5 miles in 1hr and 36 minutes!!!!! I think that is great. Look who is writing this!!!! Hell I would take 1 mile in 1 hour! HAHAHAHAH- I have really really slacked!

I listened to that podcast you were talking about. It was interesting.
She had some good points. We gotta let go what we can't control. This is so true! Easier said than done in real life! I am not good at that.
Hope you get a nice walk in today!

NIC- - Hey I was thinking about all the time you now have to ready up your pool!!!!! HAHAHAHAH. Yup you could have that up and sparkling by the time summer rolls around and really enjoy it this year!
How did the basement clean out go? I still have to do my closet. That might be next week!

Why don't you come and mow my grass!!!! I am not sure what I am going to do. Even though it is a small stamp.
What are you cooking up this weekend?

BLUE- - HIYA!!!!!!- how are ya doing. Come put your dot down!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I so enjoyed my sleep in! I feel pretty refreshed. It was so hot yesterday I turned on my air!
Today is chore day, so that tomorrow I can relax. I am going to do my hair, mow the grass, make ribs, and do my bills for next month.

That check coming will pay off a Credit card- done! I wonder if I can declare Bella- hahahahahahah- It will seriously though be a huge help for me!!!! It could not have come at a better time!

I am dreading mowing. URGHHHHHHHHH. I also have a wasp issue that I have tried to take care of with spray and they are heavy and it didn't work. I am thinking I need to get someone out here to spray. I just hate all those chemicals on the grass and it's $$- URGH

I also got a letter it's time that everyone needs to power wash their homes in our plat. Well good luck with that. Most of my neighbors are elderly and older and this C-19 has really hit them. They are not coming out- I see delivery everywhere here. Grocery delivery.

There is still no TP on shelves here. But I am good. I just seem to hit it when they are putting out a few and grab one. I have noticed that TJ- was fairly well stocked and I lacked for nothing. they had all the meat/ fish/ chicken I wanted. My freezer is stocked.
My beef tips were really good and took me all of 5 min to toss together and then 4 hours in slow cooker and it was really good. I will keep that on my menu.

Today oven ribs and I want some slaw I think. I picked up broccoli but not in the mood. I may just have ribs.
I found some really good peach infused no sugar/ zero carb Vodka. It is a lower alcohol (if you consider 30 % lower) Haha!
I found it in DE and looked for it here and found it. It is a not an everyday - maybe once ever couple weeks treat. It is sorta pricey- but it is high quality and not rotgut . It is family made and done in small batches and no burn- just a nice infused light something to add to my sparkling water. I add it to my lime/ or orange sparking Lacroix and ice and it is light and refreshing.

Like Trig- if I am sitting outside in the sun and have my music going and want a getaway in my lounger it is a LC refreshing beverage! That will be happening today if I have to mow. Sounds like a perfect day.

Have a good one all !