Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 09:18
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 206.4/206.4/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi,
I have just started using PPLP as my LC plan of choice. I had been on and off (mostly off!) Adkins diet but always fell of the wagon and gained all of my weight back plus. I got the PPLP book and was very intrigued by the differences in the two plans.

I started about 4 days or so ago and am feeling so much better in so many ways! My weight has dropped a little but I feel so much better!

To give you some background, I have been having migraine headaches for about 6 months now. I gained most of my 40 pounds I lost back so I went to the dr. to get checked out. They found my thyroid was wacky so I went on meds to correct that. The headaches persisted. Every day I had a headache. Sometimes it was migraine intensity sometimes just a run of the mill headache but a headache none the less.

Now since I read this book and have changed some of my food choices and taking the supplements they suggested I have been headache free!!! I am so excited to be on day 4 of no headaches!!! I don't know if it is the increase of magnesium or what but I am going to continue this WOE forever!!

Sorry about the novel here but I just had to share!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 09:45
Registered Member

Plan: PPL Hedonist
Stats: 163/138.5/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Teresa, that is super. So glad you found a way to stop the headaches.
I'm hoping more people will join our little group. It seems that most are following some other plan.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 14:11
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I also felt 'better' overall after switching from Atkins to PPLP. Intervention PPLP is 'net 30 carbs', which is a heck of a lot more than Atkins Induction 20 grams or less.

Doesn't sound like a huge difference, but it is - especially in terms of feelings of well-being. Meanwhile, it works just as well, or better than Atkins (in my experience).

Good to hear about the headaches going away. For me, I stopped getting those nasty leg cramps etc. when I switched to PPLP. I'm still losing weight just fine, maybe even better than before.

I don't actually care anymore if it's as 'fast' as one plan or the other, now that I feel so much better. The weight loss will take as long as it takes. And that's just fine with me.

Sara
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 08:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Welcome Teresa!

Beth- maybe get some plain unsweetened yogurt and add stevia and/or unsweetened berries to it, instead of the yogurt that has artificial sweeteners already mixed in?