Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 20:20

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 160/151/123 Female 62 inches
BF:20%
Progress: 24%
Cool New to Program

I just started somersizing Monday, but I've already lost three pounds of water weight. It's really amazing! I could not eat for a day, and not lose a pound, but this is working. I don't eat much as it is on this program because of when I started. I bought the book the same day I did grocery shopping. So I'm scronging for foods I can eat on the program until I go shopping again. Plus, I'm a teenager getting ready to go to college, and now I'm living with my family. It's hard to eat the right way when others won't help. Plus, my fiance doesn't believe it will work and tells me it's supid. So I need the support. I just won't tell him how much I've lost until he actually notices it.
Any support or advice would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 10:12

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default great

Hi, I am on Atkins plan but feel the same thing with the support issue. Regardless of what plan you are on people should respect your choice and provide the support you need to get you through. Just stick with it and you will be proud of yourself in the end. The health benefits alone are worth it.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 20:01
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%
Thumbs up You can do it!

Hi! Don't let anyone change your mind! I would always tell people when I started a new "way of eating" as we like to call it. Don't tell everyone. I know you can't help to tell some as they will question your eating habits and combinations. I have finally learned not to talk about it....Just do it!

My first time around was easy. I lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks. I was walking about three times per week, no other exercise. I went on vacation and blew it all.
I have now maintained my 18 pound loss for 2 months.

This has to be a change for life!!! I have finally decided it is for me! I hope it works for you! Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 19:20

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default I hear ya!

It's really hard to stick with something like this when all you get is flack all around you. I spent a week with my parents and the whole time my dad was intentionally trying to shove nasty food down my throat and rolling his eyes when Mom asked me to explain why I ate the way I did. He's a retired physician and needs to lose at least 100 pounds and here he is giving ME s#%# when I've lost 15 pounds already? Sheesh!

As for your fiancee, before you get married, be sure he learns the word RESPECT! It's one thing if your parents give you a hard time, but the man you are going to spend the rest of your life with needs to be supportive of your choices, especially ones that involve your health. You stick to your guns girl!

My hubby didn't say anything when I started this, though I suspect he was dubious. He did make a point to compliment me when he noticed any loss though, and by Easter (I started at the end of January) he was so impressed he told me he wanted to eat this way too. Now he's lost 13 pounds and it's a fun team thing we're doing.

Somersizing DOES work, as do all the LC WOEs I know of, and it doesn't involve depriving yourself of fruits or veggies or even carbs for that matter. I chose it because it was one of the most balanced LC WOES I could find and because of Suzanne's recipes. I figured this was a plan I could stick to for life, easily!

The other thing that's really nice about it is that it's not that hard to eat out or eat at other people's homes. You just don't eat the rice pilaf they serve with your pro/fats entree or you ask for a "protein style" burger (lettuce wrapped instead of a bun) and hold the fries, breakfast is a snap, bacon and eggs, hold the toast please! You can always have a salad wherever you go, and you can have meat and cheese on it too, and even a little dressing. So if you can order for yourself it's not that hard to eat out without anyone even knowing you are doing something special. I take little treats with me when I go out, which might be a good idea for you at school. If you're a candy eater take a few SF cream savers along to suck on and you can make a big batch of decaff iced tea sweetened with Splenda or Somersweet and carry a bottle with you on campus. Once you get into the swing of it you can do this pretty painlessly even surrounded by "Low fatters."

Hang in there and be true to yourself!

MB