Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 12:45

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Determined not to let a break-up derail me

Broke up with my BF 2 days ago. [Insert backstory here that would be boring to anybody but me].

I think it's for the best, but I miss him. I miss the "Hello Beautiful" email he sent me every single morning since the day we met. I feel despondent at the prospect of never finding anyone I want to share my life with again. I know these feelings will pass and I'll be meeting new people soon; believe me, I have no intention of staying home to mope. But I'm in a bit of pain right now and I have the urge to use alcohol as a form of anaesthetic. Well, we all know how dangerous that is to our w.o.e. I had 3 glasses of wine at home alone last night which is unheard of for me. I have been known to sometimes drink to excess when out with friends, but never alone. I'm not ready to cry on my friends' shoulders about this yet, nobody knows. But I thought that posting here would help dilute some of the feelings I have right now and maybe that will make the alcohol/anaesthetic "cure" less necessary when I get home from work today. So far I've been under-eating even with the wine, but that's just shock I expect. Eventually I'll get my appetite back with a vengeance and then it will be imperative to ditch the wine - before the crazy food choices begin, LOL. Oh, I typed LOL and I smiled! Posting this did help.
Sponsored Links