Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 15:36

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Girl Scout Cookies

Thought I'd share my thought on girl scout cookies... Girl Scout cookies are the devil's best friend... I was pre-low carb and bought a bunch of boxes, and do you think I threw them out when I went low carb?? Nooooo!! So what do I see in the freezer when I pull out a pound of hamburger? My favorite peanut butter cookies... So I have this internal dilemma, instantly my stomach says, just one won't really hurt, pweeeeeeeeze?? ... but i know i'll eat the whole dang box if I start... so my good half says is it really worth it?? Worth ruining your diet and gaining weight over? my tummy replies YES! LOL, but to make a long story short, I'm sticking to gettin' in shape even if it means I've gotta give up those dang girl scout cookies...they're soooooooo good! Even when I know they're not healthy!!!
Thanks for bein' here guys, it helps to have you all here to listen to my silly stories
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 15:38
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Make something lc and yummy and eat it until you aren't hungry anymore!

No denying yourself food - just the cookies!

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:10

Plan: Atkins-induction
Stats: 188/177/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy

I completely agree with you about the girl scout cookies! I bought boxes pre-lowcarb...then 2 days after I started...the cookies arrived. I haven't touched them....but, it takes everything in me not to. I'm not quite sure why I can't throw them away....but, I can't! I congratulate both of us for not eating them!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:15

Stats: 204/176/130
BF:?
Progress: 38%

oh, it's tough alright! My boyfriends Mom sent us THREE boxes of MY FAVORITE G.S. cookies.....I am proud to say that I didn't even eat one!!!

It's a good feeling to not eat them. Good work!

-Cher
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:20

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Oh man, you guys have to give those cookies away or force feed them to your families. I consider myself very strong-willed when it comes to LC, but MAN, if there were Samoas in my freezer right now... I dunno. It wouldn't be pretty.

Give them away and make a cheesecake! Or try these

PUT DOWN THE COOKIES!

Good luck.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:29
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I totally agree with Angela, you have to get them out of the house! Every time you see them you will fight the same battle over and over again till the evil things win! Bring them to work, set them out and let everyone else eat them. If you don't work, send them in with your spouse! Send them to school with the kids, teacher can use them as a special treat, if she doesn't eat them herself! Frozen or not, girl scout cookies taste good. I was very happy when my kids finished off all 7 boxes we ordered pre-diet, and I know longer had to face them.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 17:06

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I bought some for my son. I know its silly, because a year ago I would have had both boxes gone in a few hours. But they are not calling. HOWEVER, there is absolutely NO WAY I could have brought them in the house during my first few months of Atkins. I would have been climbing the walls and going nuts!

Kind of a good feeling when it can be around and you no longer even want it. Never thought I would get to this point.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 17:15
Registered Member

Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default no girl scout cookies thank god!....

This year my husband didn't buy any. But my house is full with all the junk food I ate before this WOL. I hate to pitch it out because that's like throwing away $$ but it just sitting there. I keep thinking to myself why doesn't anyone eat this stuff? My hubby has no sweet tooth (it's sinful really!) If I were still carbing the stuff would have been gone 6 weeks ago and new junk would be there in its place I think eventually I'll get rid of it. Usually any junk we have left over from any holidays goes into work with hubby. (you'd think all his co-workers would have weight problems of their own OMG they eat all the time there!) So maybe that's were my junk needs to go (someones elses waistline! ) Congrats on being able to resist the temptation Ellen

I agree pitch'em. Think I'll go clean out the cupboards!

Last edited by geel : Wed, Mar-19-03 at 17:17.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 20:23

Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Talking I think I've got you all beat...

I have two Brownies in my house and we bought TWENTY boxes of Girl Scout cookies this year. We're down to two unopened boxes in the freezer and two opened boxes that the kids are working on. I haven't had even a crumb. I never thought I'd make it but now that they're almost gone, I think I'm gonna. Oh...and there's Girl Scout cookie ice cream out now (Dreyers). My daughter convinced me to buy a couple of half-gallons of that the other day, too, and I'm managing to stay away. Are y'all impressed or what?

Tricia
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 20:32

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

Give them to someone. Quick before they call to you again. Those things are truly undermining and they'll get you if they can.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 20:53

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

I agree get rid of them if they're a great temptation, but don't throw them out- give them to a soup kitchen, a homeless shelter, a food bank, or another charity feeding the hungry. That way you're doing something good for yourself & your community. It prevents you from wasting, and helps to feed those who are less fortunate. I'm sure they'd be thrilled for such an expensive treat.
What a racket, those cookies cost a fortune.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 22:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 210.0/210.0/140.0
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry grrrrrrrrrr

Did you know that they make Girl Scout cookie ice cream now?
NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!

Vicki
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 06:03

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

I have three daughters..all in girl scouts. We bought 6 boxes. They are gone. I did sneak a few.

Now the problem is...my mom and my brother both bought a HUGE amount of cookies. 20 boxes between the two of them. All paid for, but they don't want them! So they are sitting on my dinning room table...actually moved them to under the table so I don't have to look at them.

Both mom and brother said the girls could have the cookies! Well...NO WAY. My girls don't need to have 20 boxes of cookies.

My plan is, when my mom or brother come to visit (they live out of town) I am going to serve the cookies to them. They bought them, they are going to eat them.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:26
Registered Member

Stats: 185/179/153 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile Girl Scout Cookies

How about giving them to a homeless shelter as part of a bag of groceries?
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:32

Plan: Atkins/CAD/Now?
Stats: 216/210.5/110?? Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally posted by KellyG5
They bought them, they are going to eat them.

That just struck me as so funny....