Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 06:36
Registered Member

Plan: anpb diet
Stats: 228/221/215 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Started ANPB diet on Sunday

ANPB=All Natural Peanut Butter.

DIet consists of 6 meals of 3 tbsp of anpb and 26 grams of protein powder daily. Still havent gotten into ketosis yet, but I feel close. Going to go 2 weeks on this and then do a carb supercompensation. I have done the bodyopus diet years ago and it is about the same thing. Hope to lose 3 lbs per week and keep my muscle. I gain muscle easy and fat just as easy so this diet is good for me. Will keep you updated my progress and any strength gains or losses as well.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 07:38

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

Keep us posted as to your progress!

Jag
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 07:42
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

Yeah, let us know how it goes. I read about this on Mr.X's sight also, and am very interested to know how it goes. My main problem with any diet, even though its better with keto, is hunger. So, please let us know REALLY how it goes and how hungry you FEEL on this.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 08:42
Registered Member

BF:

The hunger hasn't been much of a problem. I get up at 8 am and drink a pot of coffee and then go do cardio or weights and then get home to eat my first meal around 11 am and go every 2 1/2 hours with a meal. Last meal of day is around 11 pm.

I am in ketosis right now after starting the diet 48 hours ago.

I have alot of experience with bodyopus so ketogenic diets are fairly easy to me. I also lift very heavy and intense and every time I have done a ketosis diet I actually put muscle on so this is the way for me to diet. I have been out of the gym for 13 months and just started back up on july 15 so I expect good progress from this diet. Kind of like a first timer starting out you get those big gains fast. I am going to carb load not this sunday but next sunday so I will have at least 11 days in ketosis. I expect to lose about 6-8 lbs of fat on this and lose some muscle durring the ketosis peroid, but I will pack all that muscle back on durring the carb loading. I always get really pumped and tight when I carb load. Almost like I am on the juice.

I think that this diet is a good way for natural lifters to pack on muscle. Go 2 weeks of ketosis and then go 2 weeks of going 500 cal over maintanence with higher carbs. Gets the hormones running.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 09:20

Plan: NHE/UD2/General LC
Stats: 175/175/175 Male 6'
BF:10/6/?
Progress:

3 tbs pb = 300 cals / 12 grams protein x 6 meals = 1800 cals
+ 26 grams protein powder = 200 cals

= 2000 cals all day / 98 grams protein with decent carb/fat ratio.

It's easy to see that this diet would work and it gets high marks for simplicity BUT I do see 2 potential downers.
PB is not a complete protein, it does not contain all the essential amino acids.
You will not be getting all the nutrients available in a more varied diet.

In reality your calorie level, meal frequency, and macronutrient ratios are pretty sound (except more protein would'nt hurt). I've done the same thing with a more varied diet many times.

I will personally stick with the more varied diet. Eating meat (complete protein) allows all the protein to actually be used by the body. Eating lc veggies, which are loaded with nutrients is always a good idea.

Anyway, I'm thinking that there is probably no 'magic' in the pb diet. But I certainly don't know everything... just my .02
Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 09:28
Registered Member

BF:

Your not eating the pb for the protein. Your eating it for the fat. That is why I am getting 150 grams of whey protein per day along with the pb. The fat in pb is also better for you. No sat fat at all. Plus it doesn't get any easier than this. You know exactly how much fat,protein,carbs your getting in your diet. Meat varies and I sure in the heck am not going to start cutting up chunks of meat and weighing them.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 07:26
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

How's the ANPB thing going? Still not feeling overly hungry?
What about any cravings? And how do you FEEL, energywise and strength wise?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 11:24
Registered Member

BF:

I had headaches but they are gone. My strength in the gym is about the same. I assume this is because I had a 13 month layoff and I am only in week number 4 of being back so I expect to not lose any strength. Not craving any carbs. I am mostly craving salty foods. Big juicy salty steak and smokehouse almonds are on my mind alot. I could go with meat, but I want to give my digestive system a break as well. I think this is the diet to do that. I substituted 2 tablespoons of PB for 1 tablespoon of olive oil my first meal today. I just figured since I have so much of it I might as well use some of it.

I also am thinking about doing the colon cleansing and gall bladder cleansing as well after this diet. It seems like it is something that everyone can benifit from. Here is the link for it for anyone who wants to get a good idea of why it is so helpful in all humans.

http://www.mmsfitness.com/showthread.php?t=9611
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 11:24
Registered Member

BF:

I should have added liver cleansing as well.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 14:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: // Male 69 inches
BF:27%/21%/15%
Progress: -27977%

"colon cleansing and gall bladder cleansing"

Interesting. I wonder if this would help my IBS. Anyone ever done a colon cleansing to talk on whether the benefits listed are true? Or that this might help?

I know I should go in for a Colonoscopy, but I'm a chicken. This IBS is really starting to affect my life in a negative way. I also wonder if the preperation for a Colonoscopy would do the same thing as a colon cleansing.

Boy is this a embarasing topic.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 07:11
Registered Member

BF:

Ok so I have made it one week now. Been in ketosis since Tues morn. Two days ago I decided to go just flax oil and protein powder every other meal. Also dropped my protein intake to about 160 grams per day.

Last Sunday-227lbs
Wed-223lbs
Fri-221.5lbs
Sun-220

I assume that about 4lbs is water. I was already on a carb restricted diet before I started so I should have only lost at most 4 lbs water with the low glycogen stores already in my body. I was taking about 125 grams of carbs per day before diet and was doing cardio about 45 minutes every day after my lifting workout in the morning and on non lifting days did it in morning on empty stomache as well.

I am going to go strait flax oil and protein powder starting on wed so I can have zero carbs for the final 3 days before carb up.

My strength is the same and usually I notice that my legs are always the first to go downhill and yesterday I had an awesome leg workout. Did 8 plates per side on the sqwat plate loaded press for 10 DEEP reps. I am getting pumps still even with no glycogen. I am really excited about the carb load pump I am going to have over the weekend. I am going to do a HUGE carb load from 12 p.m. on friday til about 11 p.m. sat. I expect to put on about 7-8lbs durring the load.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 06:55
Registered Member

BF:

Ok I weighed 218 on wed. Strength still going up. I expected that as I am artificially on the low side of my normal muscle mass. 13 months out of gym normally does this. Can't wait to carb load starting tomorrow. Actually I will be in pain. Those first 4 high carb shakes usually make me feel sick. I just wish I could cheat a little and eat normal food. Oh well I want this carb load to really work. Going to take 105 grams dextrose,15 grams creatine,5 grams glutamine,20 grams protein powder for each of my first 4 meals and then go to 80 grams carbs from dextrose and corn flakes with 5 grams glutamine,20 grams protein powder,5 grams glutamine for next 4 meals and then probably just corn flakes for carbs on the next 4 meals with the same protein and glutamine minus the creatine. Then I am stumped on what to eat. Maybee oatmeal after that.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 21:57
Registered Member

BF:

Ok I started my carb up friday morning. I weighed in at 216. One more meal and my carbup is finished. Going to train legs in the morning. Will be interesting to see what my weigh in is. Going to go back on a normal low carb diet. Probably 125 grams per day on non lifting days and might go as high as 300 on lifting days. That should be fine for very small fat loss and great muscle gains over the next two weeks and then back on some type of keto diet. Probably going to do flax and whey only. Oh what the heck probably a little anpb as well.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 22:20
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Congrats on your 11 pound loss!

red
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 06:20

Plan: Keto/CKD
Stats: 150/144/125 Female 10
BF:
Progress: 24%

hahaha I saw this a few weeks ago. I've been thinking of trying it.. Only I'd modify it slightly so I got some real food and Efas. Despite what MrX says in the stickies. Seems to be more for simplicity than health. Not even any vegetables.. And he said something about not really needing fiber.. I get constipated when I eat too much npb.

Last edited by KetoOwnsMe : Sun, Aug-22-04 at 06:25.