Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 19:37
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default Oink Oink

Sometimes I over oink do it oink on free oink day. I think oink I'm going to oink explode.

Arnie the piglet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:57

Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

LO (oink) L, Been there done that, got the t-shirt. I had to not take my free days so freely.

Piano
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 14:05

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

ROFLMAO!! *oink* Me?? Never! *OINK, OINK* I might have to eliminate pizza from freeday, the leftovers were too tempting and free day lasted the whole weekend. *rolls eyes and oinks again*

Cheers,

Friday
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 07:57

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Default Oink oink squeal!

Oink! Still haven't weighed myself this week! Not sure how many pounds of cashews I ate...

Jen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 22:30
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

Well *oink*, I've never done *oink* BFL, but *oink* I think I've *oink* done that other thing *oink* ya'll are talking about *oink* here.

OINK!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 13:00
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%

So Arnie aren't you going to tell us what you oinked down - I'm so proud of myself because I managed not to eat freely on my last Free Day, I was starting to look forward to them just a little too much. So Pleeeeeze tell so I can live vicariously (going on 10 days with no Free Eating)
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 14:23
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKo
So Arnie aren't you going to tell us what you oinked down - I'm so proud of myself because I managed not to eat freely on my last Free Day, I was starting to look forward to them just a little too much. So Pleeeeeze tell so I can live vicariously (going on 10 days with no Free Eating)
I'm sorry KoKo, but I'm afraid you probably won't be able to live vicariously through me. You see, I was born to be a low carber. I pigged out on two big bags of pork rinds and another big bag of beef jerky. Believe it or not I've loved that stuff all my life. I used to always buy pork rinds (aka "piggy puffs") when I was a kid.

Unfortunately it seems to have triggered another Crohn's flairup and I've been sidelined all week. I havn't been able to go to the gym at all. I even took Tuesday off work. I went to my doctor and he gave me some meds that seemed to help for a day, but now it's worse again today. I can't really say it was Sunday's oink-out that brought it on, but I won't be doing that again for a long time just in case.

Arnie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 08:22
Stepford Malfunction

Hi Arnie,

So sorry your Chrons is flaring up again, I do hope they manage to find some way to control this for you, I understand it's terribly painful.

You're right, I was not at all excited about your treats - I've only had pork rinds once (they are not easy to find where I live) - beef jerky, well I don't mind a small stick of that once in a while but it dosen't excite me.

And here I was hoping to have a virtual feast to think about during my workout

Take Care Arnie, I'm sorry your sidelined but we have to put somethings above workouts.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 21:11

BF:

Went to Costco today to get produce and cottage cheese for next week, and also scoped out a few free-day goodies. Always potential for major oinkage if you go to Costco....

The good news: the cakes, cookies, ice cream, cheesecake, chips etc held no allure. I got a package of chicken sour cream enchiladas and a jug of blackberry smoothie.

The bad news: I am *so* jonesing for those enchiladas... and a micro brewery bacon cheeseburger with avocados and hand cut fries. *drools* Can anyone say 'fat craving'? I knew you could.

Cheers,

Friday
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 10:50
Stepford Malfunction

Heres how I celebrated finishing the BFL - DH made a really big deal about it and was so sweet - he said he had meant to get champagne and pop it after I finished the last 20MAS yesterday but he forgot so we would have it at dinner (probably a better idea than 9ish in the morning)

I had decided that rotisserie chicken was not a glamourous enough meal to go with the promised champagne - so I went along on the champane buying trip to pick up something else for dinner - but first stopped at the drugstore (for wrinkle erasing creme) and they had these little individual squares of fudge for sale - I just LOVE fudge - but only eat it about every 4 or 5 years. I managed to tear myself out of the store without buying it - went to the supermarket and was at first going to get steak and shrimp - BUT decided that some fish with shrimp would be a better choice - so picked up a beautiful fresh rainbow trout fillet, a bag of jumbo shrimp and a bag of scampi (lagoustina tails - pain in the butt to eat but ) make it all the way to the checkout and then suddenly do an about turn and race to the bakery where I pick up HALF A POUND of fudge and somehow manage to toss a package of KoKoNut macaroons into the cart as well - now I did show some restraint - we still had to hit the video store and I did NOT open the fudge in the car - nope I managed to wait till I was unpacking the groceries - THEN I gobbled down a couple of squares and a macaroon or two - this resulted in me falling asleep on the couch (sugar makes me tired) I woke up to make the dinner (which was mmmmmmmmmmmm ) (there was also a large baked potatoe with the meal) but I kept nibbling on fudge while I was cooking - why did I DO that - it was a joke last night but I feel awful now - just a bit sickish from too much sugar - but just mentally awful that I did such a stupid thing - DH is saying - well you deserved a treat, you only do that every few years blah blah blah....... but I feel like such a dumb dumb to let myself be controlled by sugar like that. Well today I will throw the rest of the fudge out if DS dosen't want it.

For me it's sugar that does me in - I can handle grains and other starches without going on a binge - but sugar - let's see next fudge party - lets hope it's not till 2010.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 09:21

BF:

KoKo, are you going to post your results? We would so love to hear them!

Aned yes, no need to beat yourself up for a fudge celebration. One day after 3 months won't hurt you.

Cheers,

Friday
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 13:59
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridayeyes
KoKo, are you going to post your results? We would so love to hear them!

Friday - sorry I didn't check this thread for a while. I'm not actually putting up the results because first I don't see any difference from the last pics I put in the gallery that were taken 3/4 of the way through the challenge - AND (can you BELIEVE this) I somehow deleted the .doc on my desktop that had all my measurement stats - I know I have measurements from various points posted here and there in my journal and HIDDEN on peices of paper around the house but I just can't lay my hands on them. So I figure those pics are the after for the last challenge and will be the before for the new challenge I started Monday -

You must be nearing the end of your present challenge
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 09:04

BF:

ooooof! My free days have been so moderate of late, some foods I don't have during the week, but nothing wild or crazy. I more than made up for it this week, LOL

Pizza, pizza, pizza and parmesan breadsticks
apple, banana,
oatmeal with all the fixins
chicken teriyaki, tempura, sushi, rice (wow - yum!)
A pint of Ben n Jerry's (coffee Heath bar crunch)
thin mint girl scout cookies

Cheers,

Friday
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:47
Contributing Member

Well Friday, I wouldn't want you to be alone posting here in the Oinker thread. I really over did it today. Tons of bacon at breaky, Ice Cream, two bags of pop corn and bacon puffs. I'm so stuffed.

I hope to get this free day thing down to something a little more normal next week.

Arnie
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 00:25

BF:

OMG - popcorn... LOL I forgot about that.

*adds a bag of microwave popcorn to her above oink list*

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Ya know - I wonder if this was in part triggered by my superheavy workout on Thurs? I basically did a depletion circuit, lifted fhuge and then got totally stiff for three days. *rolls eyes at self*

When my lifting isn't quite so insane, I don't seem to be as hungry.

Cheers,

Friday