Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 15:21

Plan: Hypoallergenic diet
Stats: 117/112/- Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

Hiya!

Things are fine. I let everything (food, exercise, etc., etc.) slide once things got busy for me after the CKD. My week off turned into almost 3 months off! (Eek.) And it was really only partially justifiable because of being busy. You know how it is (or maybe you don't).

I have been tried a few times since October to pick back up pretty much where I left off, but my hectic schedule is still getting in the way, and motivation isn't as high as it should be. Fortunately, I weigh about the same, I've just lost some ground on the muscle:fat ratio.

I'm very impressed with your placement in September! Well done! I know you worked very hard to get there. I have no doubt that you will win, because you're so motivated and dedicated to your physical condition. (Pass me some of that motivation! )

It is pretty quiet around here (at least in the CKD forum), which is a blessing for me, since I don't have a lot of time to browse around or post. I can't wait until I have time for things I enjoy again, so I can interact with people here and stuff.

So glad you're back, though! I missed you after you left. I hope whatever situation took you away is smoothed out now, and you'll be here for a while! (And especially in a few months when I can actually "come back.")
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 09:44

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopex
Hiya!

Things are fine. I let everything (food, exercise, etc., etc.) slide once things got busy for me after the CKD. My week off turned into almost 3 months off! (Eek.) And it was really only partially justifiable because of being busy. You know how it is (or maybe you don't).

I have been tried a few times since October to pick back up pretty much where I left off, but my hectic schedule is still getting in the way, and motivation isn't as high as it should be. Fortunately, I weigh about the same, I've just lost some ground on the muscle:fat ratio.

I'm very impressed with your placement in September! Well done! I know you worked very hard to get there. I have no doubt that you will win, because you're so motivated and dedicated to your physical condition. (Pass me some of that motivation! )

It is pretty quiet around here (at least in the CKD forum), which is a blessing for me, since I don't have a lot of time to browse around or post. I can't wait until I have time for things I enjoy again, so I can interact with people here and stuff.

So glad you're back, though! I missed you after you left. I hope whatever situation took you away is smoothed out now, and you'll be here for a while! (And especially in a few months when I can actually "come back.")

Yes it is very quiet! When do you plan on trying to CKD again? March? April? Ill be very active here until April...

Yes all the issues that came up the end of last year are OK now...

Thanks for the congrats, after the September contest I really took a hard look at my faults and did about a 3 month bulking phase in the fall in order to bring my weak points up to par. Bulking up = eating like a pig Been cutting up for about 7 weeks now and its going great...

I look forward to seeing you back here on a more regular basis, its bumming me out how quiet it is around here
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 12:56

How was the carb up this weekend MEJ?
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:56

Plan: ckd
Stats: 188/130/120 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hi KC!
Well I decided to skip the carbups for now, the candies seem to be giving me enough energy for my workouts.
One problem I have now is my weight is up almost 5 lbs since the day before the carb up (over a week ago) and the rotten scale wont come down. Im in ketosis, dont know what the problem is. Next payday I think I will get the UD 2 book, I may need something more drastic. It seems my bod doesnt want to let go of anymore fat, but I really really want that six pack for summer.
How is everything going for you?
Hope all is well!
Mary Ellen
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mej
Hi KC!
Well I decided to skip the carbups for now, the candies seem to be giving me enough energy for my workouts.
One problem I have now is my weight is up almost 5 lbs since the day before the carb up (over a week ago) and the rotten scale wont come down. Im in ketosis, dont know what the problem is. Next payday I think I will get the UD 2 book, I may need something more drastic. It seems my bod doesnt want to let go of anymore fat, but I really really want that six pack for summer.
How is everything going for you?
Hope all is well!
Mary Ellen

Sounds like you are doing the same thing as me...

Scale = Evil haha

Do you know what your bf is? Did it go up after the carb up? how long have you been doing this plan? Be patient...

If you give me your email I can send you a place that has a good deal on the UD 2 book...
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:53

BF:

I wish I knew what my real bodyfat was. I dont belong to a gym to get it. I need to get a hold of some calipers to get the real story. This will be my third week on the plan. I am about where I was when I started. I am pretty sure it is mostly water, my body always freaks out when I try to lose. I guess it is good to know if a famine strikes I'd be all set
My email is za_claw~yahoo.com, thanks for the help on the book!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mej
I wish I knew what my real bodyfat was. I dont belong to a gym to get it. I need to get a hold of some calipers to get the real story. This will be my third week on the plan. I am about where I was when I started. I am pretty sure it is mostly water, my body always freaks out when I try to lose. I guess it is good to know if a famine strikes I'd be all set
My email is za_claw~yahoo.com, thanks for the help on the book!

Sent u an email...

Ok, if its only been 3 weeks then relax

Forget about the scale and get your bf done, you can call other gyms and they might charge you but its best to have it done by someone who knows that they are doing. For example a trainer at Gold's once tested mine when I was VERY lean and he said I was 25 percent bodyfat

Im sure most of it is water so forget the scale and if possible just get your bf done every week or 2. Another tool to use instead of the scale is a tape measure...take some key measurements to track progress. And its only been 3 weeks so be patient...
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 09:12

BF:

KC,
I have been reading Ud2, it is very interesting! Now I know why it has been so hard to lose fat. It almost seems like it is not going to happen I am more confused than ever what would be the best approach for my goals. I am tempted to forget about fat loss for a while, and try to build up my upper body with the mass gain version of the diet. It has been very difficult to build muscle in my upper body. I tried to figure the numbers this morning but my maintainence calories are so low, when I get the carbs and protien in there is no room for any fat. The TKD is fairly easy to follow so maybe I should just give it some more time like you suggested.
Have you tried UD 2 before?
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 09:47

MEJ,

I think you should stick with the TKD as its only been 3 weeks. But instead of doing exactly what you are doing now maybe look at ways to improve what you are doing by adding some supps, removing some of the saturated fat from your diet, or maybe adding a bit more cardio.

Do you see any small ways you could improve what you are doing? Every week I try to tighten my diet even more and make small improvements...

Ive not treid the UD 2.0 and I never will follow it to a T, I just like to take some info from diet books like the DAG oil Lyle mentioned. Ill probably never do a CKD again as I like to keep my own trining schedule.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:16

BF:

yes, there would be lots of ways to tighten up what I am doing. I may need to also lower my calories, I was sticking to 1500 comfortably, and 1300 was less comfortable, so maybe that is where I need to be. I had cut back on my cardio, so maybe I will up it a bit. What supplements do you think would be helpful? I have been reading about the coconut oil. I take flax oil, multivitamins and calcium.
I know what you mean about not wanting to switch up your training schedule. I use Cathe Fredrich's weight lifting dvd's, I really dont what to give that up. It helps me with my form and pace and it is motivating to just do what she is doing. I dont think I would be as good if I was following Lyles exercises by myself.
I will start tightening things up and see how it goes.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:23

Your plan sounds very solid, just try the few small things you mentioned. Maybe a bit more cardio and tinker with your calorie levels.

Now even though I think the scale is evil this is what I do...every day I weigh in the morning and put the weight in a spreadsheet, this way I can track my progress and make adjustments as I go. Im shooting for 2 pounds lost per week so if I notice that Im not on pace to meet that one week ill add some more cardio or try a day of REALLY cutting my calories. Also if I notice Im losing too much in a week Ill up my calories or reduce my cardio. This really allows you to dial in on what things you need to change.

As far as supps go have you considered the ECA stack?
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 13:02

BF:

That sounds like a good plan with tracking your weight over the week. I have so many fluctuations it would be better for me to see a *trend* rather than taking each day to heart.
I have been reluctant to try ephedra, but will probably give it a try if things dont get better. I was wondering if it was true that coconut oil has a thermo effect. It just isnt as much fun eating the little bit of fat I can have each day in flax oil and coconut oil.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 13:39

Give it a shot...I keep a lot of detailed information in one spreadsheet including calories for the day, macronutrients, weight, body temp upon rising, body measurements weekly...kind of anal but it works If you want to have a copy of the spreadsheet I use let me know and I can email it to you.

The MCT's in the coconut oil should have a thermogenic effect, not sure as what I bought is solid at room temp so Im just going to wait for my DAG oil in the mail. I understand the flax and other oils arent fun...Im just kinda extreme As long as you get some healthy fats in and keep the saturated ones in check u should be good to go!

As far as ephedra is concerned I undersatnd your hesitation, Id wait on trying that and first really get your diet and everything in great order.

As far as scale weight is concerned Ive read a lot that for women the fluctuations are much more common then with men...hang in there and just look from week to week and not day to day.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 14:49

BF:

Thanks, I would like to check out your spreadsheet. Maybe some record keeping would be helpful.
It is funny I learned pretty fast to not add the flax oil to food, blech!
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 15:09

I just throw it on a plastic spoon and drink up