Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1246   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 07:30
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 41 of 90

Firmly keto. Still skipping lunch on weekdays. 5K jog at the Y last night.
Sponsored Links
  #1247   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-18, 00:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 42

Healthy Habits check list: Weigh-in, activity, supplements, decent sleep, sun lamp, gratitude journal, food tracking.

7/7: 30
6/7: 11
5/7: 1
4/7: 0

Eating:
Gold days: 2
Green days: 26
Yellow days: 8
Red days: 6

I took the stretching and strength training out of my goals. I'm obviously not in the mental space right now to take on yet another Thing I Have To Do.
  #1248   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-18, 09:48
Say NO to Diabetes!

Day 42 of 90

Ketoing along nicely. Crazy days ahead. House cleaning tonight in prep for company. Picking up DD#3 & BF from GMU (near DC) tomorrow. Attending DD#3's ODU graduation in Norfolk on Saturday afternoon, then all of us will be racing back home for the company Christmas party where both of my daughters intern. My wife broke her foot yesterday. Tilt.
  #1249   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-18, 18:11

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Day 2 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away. Plan to do a lot tonight with this. First night I am home "early" and not falling down exhausted. Already checking accounts and eye on what's due.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 25 min walk around a nearby town I went thru on the way home after work - the square was all decorated and lit up and the weather was very mild today so I wasn't going to freeze. (I don't mind the cold but usually I don't have adequate clothing for being out in it.)

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. Yup, have begun, prepping my apple, making a potato, still have leftovers - veggie soup and chili. Already time for another menu.

Last edited by mviesprite : Tue, Dec-25-18 at 13:53.
  #1250   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-18, 00:34
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 43

Healthy Habits check list: Weigh-in, activity, supplements, decent sleep, sun lamp, gratitude journal, food tracking.

7/7: 31

Eating:
Green days: 27
  #1251   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-18, 07:35
Say NO to Diabetes!

Day 43 of 90

Stayed keto yesterday, did some cleaning up around the house, and managed to get a 2.5 mile jog in at the Y. I'm ready for the busy weekend ahead. My daughter Courtney is graduating from college. I'm so proud of her. They must like her here at the office, too. The CEO offered her a full time salaried job starting on Monday. No break at all, but at least she can live at home and make a dent on some of that student loan debt.
  #1252   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-18, 23:20

Default Day 3 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 10 min walking around at work and I am pulling my vacuuming the library at work card from the other day "off"...that was over an hour with the other offices I vacuumed.

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. Yup. Picked up some lunch stuff - still aware the chili is almost gone...

Last edited by mviesprite : Tue, Dec-25-18 at 13:56.
  #1253   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-18, 03:19
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 44

7/7: 32

Eating:
Green days: 28
  #1254   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-18, 20:28

Default Day 4 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - not happening. Extremely frustrating Health Insurance bull$#&^ with conflicting info - I am now having to re-do things tonight at the last minute. I thought I was done and paid up. Cheating me out of my time and energy after work to deal with this nonsense. And of course no one is available to help.

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. Looking thru cookbooks trying to get inspired today to pull together a menu. The usual prep. I need to make more food, I run out too fast.

Last edited by mviesprite : Tue, Dec-25-18 at 14:07.
  #1255   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-18, 04:41
Forum Moderator

BF:

Hi folks! I hope you know that I do read your posts every day, but I often don't respond because I'm supposed to be getting ready for work.

Ken, congrats to your DD! Have a fun weekend. Best of luck to her in her future.

Kat, that sucks about your health insurance BS.

Goodonya for your other successes. When it comes to ready-to-go foods, sometimes I don't have the mental or physical 'umph' to cook, and I take no shame in relying a little more on canned tuna, frozen burger patties, frozen meatballs, pork chops, smoked sausages, etc. In the veggie department, I like bagged salad, bagged cole slaw mix (hint - you can cook it like a stir fry for something different) and frozen mixed veggies. I love my George Foreman grill for those nights. I can cook one or two servings (one for leftovers) and either nuke a veggie on the side, or make a quick salad. Pardon me if I'm repeating myself; I say it a lot to busy folks on the forum.
  #1256   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-18, 04:56
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 45

7/7: 33

Eating:
Yellow days: 9

Had a couple of hash browns at work, but kept it cleaner the rest of the day.
  #1257   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-18, 05:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hi folks! I hope you know that I do read your posts every day, but I often don't respond because I'm supposed to be getting ready for work.

Ken, congrats to your DD! Have a fun weekend. Best of luck to her in her future.

Kat, that sucks about your health insurance BS.

Goodonya for your other successes. When it comes to ready-to-go foods, sometimes I don't have the mental or physical 'umph' to cook, and I take no shame in relying a little more on canned tuna, frozen burger patties, frozen meatballs, pork chops, smoked sausages, etc. In the veggie department, I like bagged salad, bagged cole slaw mix (hint - you can cook it like a stir fry for something different) and frozen mixed veggies. I love my George Foreman grill for those nights. I can cook one or two servings (one for leftovers) and either nuke a veggie on the side, or make a quick salad. Pardon me if I'm repeating myself; I say it a lot to busy folks on the forum.

Kristine, thanks.
I think the general idea here (or has been) for not a lot of chit chat back and forth, but we post and support each other. No worries! We're all too busy. I came here this AM to edit the grumpiness...it seems to be the ususal state for me these days.
Yes, I am all about 15 min meals and quick. Thanks for the tips. I found last week it was helpful to make a double batch, looking to do that again and make another dish as well.

I skim all posts as well when I can and root for everyone!
  #1258   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-18, 20:46

Default Day 5 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 35 min of A Morning Cup of Yoga in the gatehouse at work, I just kept going because the stretches felt sooo good... and got a bonus break because it was nice out - 10 min walk at work today.

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. Grocery shopping after work - Walmart very disappointing, even with some prices. Had to go to Marcs after to get the things Walmart didn't have - their produce looked bad or I knew the prices would be better elsewhere. Full fridge, regular prep tonight.

Last edited by mviesprite : Tue, Dec-25-18 at 14:35.
  #1259   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-18, 00:39
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 46

7/7: 34

Eating:
Gold days: 3
Yellow days: 9

Funny, sometimes after a higher-carb day, I'm just not hungry. I didn't eat until about 4:30 yesterday. I wonder if it has to do with having a long sleep for once.
  #1260   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-18, 07:58
Say NO to Diabetes!

Day 46 of 90

Whew! What a busy weekend. Too much driving, Courtney's graduation, the company Christmas party, girls home from college (with boyfriends), and a day full of Christmas shopping yesterday. With all this help around we worked around my wife's broken foot nicely. It was a terrific weekend - a nice end-cap to a pretty awesome & eventful year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine

Thanks Kristine. We did have a fun weekend. Courtney's future starts today. She is no longer an intern here at my office. She has a salaried job with benefits. Good thing, too. Lots of student loans to pay off. FYI: I posted a few photos of the grad girl HERE on my Facebook page.

BTW: I was VLC all the way -- but perhaps too much protein for "proper" keto. I avoided alcohol at the Christmas party, too. It was not a weight loss weekend, but I'm still in the keto zone this morning.

Last edited by khrussva : Mon, Dec-17-18 at 08:51.
Closed Thread