Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 11:58

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 310/285/200 Male 6'-2"
BF:32%/32%/17%
Progress: 23%
Default Cleaning House

Last night we shopped for our new menu and bought meat and veggies. My wife had somewere to go so Josh and I cleaned the house. First the fridge, Jelly,sugar, soft drinks, etc. in the garbage. Next the pantry. The only carbs left in the house is a bag of saltine crackers, thats it. I must say that I fill up pretty good, but when it is time to eat there is no delay. It is like everything I consume is used up in 3-4 hours, no reserve. Is this common for low carb?
Not complaining just curious.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 12:03

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

when i eat low carb, i have trouble making myself eat at all....i absolutely never get hungry...in fact, i have to make myself eat but i feel sick doing it....so not hungry....i have lots of fat reserves though so maybe i'm just burning that off
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 12:28

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome Philip,

I cannot give you personal experience since I was never over 155#, but I think I can help some. The biggest thing that I feel the "new comers" miss is that you must replace the lost calories that you do not get when you stop eating carbs. Because of the rampant fat phobia in this country, they don't replace carbs with fat - AS they SHOULD. Your body prefers fat for it's energy and only burns glucose (what the carbs you eat turn into) to rid itself of what is toxic.

Alcohol is metabolized first since it is toxic at lower blood levels than glucose. Think glucose is not toxic, then you don’t know what kills a diabetic. Too much glucose in the blood and they go into a coma that can be fatal.

Now clearly you should lower your caloric intake to help loose weight, so you need to be careful how much fat you eat to replace the carbs. Too much protein has the same problem, though you MUST get your daily minimum.

I am not a big guy at 5’8”, medium to small frame. But I often am not hungry at lunch because of the fat I eat at breakfast. I drink about 8 oz. of Half & Half (for the cream) and have about 4 oz. of protein cooked in olive oil, about 8 tablespoons. Sometimes I use coconut oil, which is high in saturated fat and a good energy source. Butter is also a good source of morning fat.

I hope you have read Protein Power Lifeplan as it is a later version and has newer research behind it.

Regards,
Larry
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 16:51

Plan: Low carb/PP
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Welcome! Good job on cleaning out your kitchen.

Here's my 2 cents - you might not be eating enought fat and protein.