Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 08:12

Plan: protein power
Stats: 158/150/140
BF:34%/33%/25%
Progress: 44%
Default cholesterol question

Hi all,

Just a quick question about cholesterol. Does anyone know from experience if this plan really lowers your cholesterol? This is one of the reasons I have decided to try this. I have done the low cholesterol ,excercise and low fat thing with no success and hope this one will.

Thanks,
tms
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 09:03

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Tms, we have a forum devoted to cholesterol and heart disease (under the Health forums, off the main page) where many members have posted their recent test results. It would be a good place to get some idea as to what you might expect.

HTH
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 10:20

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 225/175/190 Male 72in
BF:30%/8%/8%
Progress: 143%
Thumbs up

tms4161,
I have been on the PP plan since Jan and my cholesterol numbers have improved greatly. Before starting the plan I was taking lescol(cholesterol lowering statin) as my total cholesterol was above 260 and my family has a history of heart problems. After a month on PP my numbers had improve enough to lower my dose and by the forth month my cholesterol numbers improved enough that I stopped taking lescol completely. At that time my total cholesterol was 165, LDL was 93, HDL was 47 and triglycerides (sp?) was 124. My latest blood work as of 10-21 was TC 182, HDL 41, TRY 88 and LDL 101. Not quite as good as after 4 months but I don’t have to take a man made substance to keep my cholesterol in the “normal” range. Also my blood pressure has gone from near hypertensive (sp?) to 108/71 with a resting pulse of 60. As you can see by my stats to the left, the plan along with the Body For Life workout as put me in the best shape of my adult life. This plan has helped me but as with any WOE your results may be different. I believe some have experienced different results and if you do a search or as Nat said check out the other parts of this forum you will find that some have experienced a rise in cholesterol. Good luck.

Az
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 11:15

Plan: protein power
Stats: 158/150/140
BF:34%/33%/25%
Progress: 44%
Cool

Thank you both for the info

tms