Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-21, 09:07
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Data-Driven Fasting -- Challenge Results

If there's already a thread, please redirect me.

I finished my first DDF challenge and lost 10 pounds (2 the day after the challenge ended). Of course, it's a lot of pounds because I haven't been terribly low carb before I started it, so a lot of water weight went. However, I lost about 1.5" off my waist and the best part is my waking, and fasting, blood sugar has dropped about 20 points.

This despite the fact I was lured by something called "Keto Crunch" at Costco and started eating them. Only after I had committed a bunch to the chowder chute did I finally read the label. They contained sugar and rice syrup. So deceptive! So, into the trash they went. I was fully expecting to see my punishment on the scales this morning, but instead I had lost 2 pounds. So perhaps it wasn't so awful.

I do think probably the main thing I took away from DDF is that I have to lower fat and carbs, not just carbs. That and hunger training. I have dieted so harshly in my past that I get triggered by hunger very easily. However, here's the thing, the hunger beast is much more gentle when my blood sugar isn't pushing me around. My cravings are way, way less when the blood sugar isn't pushing me around. I can even control my portions and not go back for seconds when my blood sugar is under control. It really is pretty amazing.

I am also curious about allulose and it's ability to lower blood sugar. I made a keto-pumpkin bread and used allulose to sweeten it. After that was when my blood sugar really fell. I've been having a piece of that every day. Maybe just coincidental. But I did read some papers about allulose's ability to do so.

I'm quite delighted with the results and so very grateful I was directed to DDF. I was hugely skeptical because I've had such poor results with about everything in the last 20 years. This might be the main website if anyone is interested. [link]https://optimisingnutrition.com/data-driven-fasting/[/link]

They make money doing Facebook/App challenges, but the fee is very reasonable. You could do it on your own, I think, but it really helps to have people to mentor you. I went ahead and paid for the unlimited challenges after I saw the results I was getting.
Sponsored Links