Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-12, 20:46

Plan: IDK
Stats: 105/105/100 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress:
Default Candida/Parasites?

I've been having really bad intestinal gas for almost a year. Constant gas. Got tested for everything. Celiacs, Liver, H.Pylori, Parasites. Sometimes I think carbs make the gas worse so I think it may be Candida. But I have tried a load of supplements already. I did try low carb before for 2 weeks and it did not get rid of my problem. I do have Depression, fatigue, and memory problems. But I think that's all caused my Depression, because that's an illness itself right? However the memory problems did start around the time that I started having bad gas. I also think it might be parasites because my family started having MILD gas. Not like me. You cannot catch candida, right? So I think I have BOTH parasites and candida. All this is making me even more depressed. I just want some support and an eating plan. I am addicted to sugar. Today is the first day I have not eaten any carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-12, 21:07

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

I used to have bad gas but hav'nt have since I started low carb, if your addicted to sugar get some eryrithol it's the tastes like sugar and get some recipes on this site. Sugar can cause many of the things you have, so don't use it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-12, 07:34

Plan: LOOKING FOR A PLAN
Stats: 239/183/165 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes I have that
Progress: 76%

First I am not a doctor, but I myself think I was suffering from some sort of candida as I used to have bag toenail fungus and a variety of other symptoms, since I added coconut oil and went low carb slowly my symptoms have disapeared the last one that I battled was dandruff, so far I have not had any dandruff symptoms in about 2-3 months.
Mind you though I have been primarily low carb for 8 months so you don't get better over night. hope this helps
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-12, 17:51

Plan: IDK
Stats: 105/105/100 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogal
First I am not a doctor, but I myself think I was suffering from some sort of candida as I used to have bag toenail fungus and a variety of other symptoms, since I added coconut oil and went low carb slowly my symptoms have disapeared the last one that I battled was dandruff, so far I have not had any dandruff symptoms in about 2-3 months.
Mind you though I have been primarily low carb for 8 months so you don't get better over night. hope this helps

How many carbs do you eat a day? And how much Coconut oil do you use?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-12, 21:02

Plan: LOOKING FOR A PLAN
Stats: 239/183/165 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes I have that
Progress: 76%

I eat generally under 30 grams for the most part, during December I ate more but that was not normal. I eat 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day, I absolutely love Coconut oil.
If you are losing well try up to three tablspoons per day: work up slowly some people get cramps/upset bowels from too much too soon.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-12, 13:12

Plan: Candida
Stats: 157/147/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Parasites

I was on the Candida diet for at least 3 months before I noticed any type of improvement. After I came off of the diet, I started binging again and am slowly working my way back to a normal diet.

I realized my sugar and carb cravings, mild body odor and digestive issues is due to both parasites and candida. Once I get rid of the parasites, the candida should also go away. It is said that 90% of Americans have parasites and that stool tests come back negative unless if you have a very bad case.

Coconut oil helps to kill parasites along with other herbs but you will have to DDOD as parasite cleansing is more involved and may be harder to get rid of than Candida.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-12, 10:02

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

Bambi, yes, it takes a few months to feel an improvement. Check out this book. It's so far the best book on Candida and related problems (parasites) I know. It covers anti-candida supplements, anti-parasite supplements, diseases and health problems caused by candida, candida diet, and recipes.