Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 17:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Be 20 pounds less by October 1st!

Let's get together and loose 10 pounds a month to be 20 pounds less by October 1st!

I know it's not easy but I would like people that are serious about this chalenge to join me. Serious as in ZERO CHEATING, EXERCISING, DRINKING WATER and pushing yourself to the limits to reach this goal. If you are serious about this challenge please join and we'll help each other through the lows and stall days.

All sizes and sexes welcome.
Thanks,
H.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 23:28

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi there!

Have never joined one of those 'challenges' before but this one sparked my interest!

I have so far been losing at an average of about 10 pounds a month but they say it slows the closer you get to your goal so I would like to join you! I want to push myself and that would mean I would be close to 200 by then which would be fantastic!! Also, my mother in law is visiting us at the end of October and has not seen me since I started this plan and so I think I could just totally shock her if I could be down to there by then! And shock myself!!

Have for the past few months already been committed to this so that should not be a problem, drink water, exercise daily, and can count the number of cheats on one hand.

Looking forward to chatting with you!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 01:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

yeah, that sounds good to me!

I haven't weighed in a while because I have been off program for a few weeks, so I don't think I can weigh myself, but I definitely need to lose 20lbs.

etoiles, I know you're vegetarian, maybe you can inspire me with some great recipes. I only eat fish, no meat, my preferred diet would be solely vegetarian if I could.

thanks, hope we get some more participants!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 03:24

Plan: ketogenics
Stats: 89/84/68
BF:40% 40% 20%
Progress: 24%

Count me in too! This is the inspiration I am after. After 3 months and only a small loss I am about ready to give in, so one last REAL good effort try before I revert back to old me. I'm going to QLD in October (a beautiful place similar to malibu where bikinis are manditory) and want to wear my itty bitty string bikini, or at least my full piece without scaring people. So here is to us (starting Monday).

Bye Nadia
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 10:03
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Count me in Hellraiser! Hi everyone! I have a trip to Miami from October 9th-13th.

Peace
red

#6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 11:26

Hello everybody!
I'm so happy you all joined and now we can help each other.

OK, let's start by focing ourselves to two 1.5L bottles of water a day and a minimum of 30 minutes exercise. Does that sound good?

Also no more than 20 grams of carbs a day and LETS REALLY COUNT THEM, so that no sneaky carb escapes detection!

etoiles : let's shock your mother in law! Hehehe

cathie: I'm about the same weight as you and looking for the same goal. I'm getting married in Sydney Nov 7!

NadiaA : bikini is the scaries word to me... you'll keep us all in track for sure!

red1cutie: counting on you to help us too!

Talk to you later.
H.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 18:09

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default Etoile How Many Calories Per Day???

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoiles
Hi there!

Have never joined one of those 'challenges' before but this one sparked my interest!

I have so far been losing at an average of about 10 pounds a month but they say it slows the closer you get to your goal so I would like to join you!

Hi Etoile....I noticed your success with this WOE and was wondering how many calories you consume daily.... I checked your journal to see and noticed you really only have about 2 meals a day plus a couple of snacks... Would you happen to know... I'm having a difficult time after 2 months only 11 pounds... Haven't lost anything for the past 2 weeks... I did notice that after your cheat you gained a little this after losing it had another good weight loss... Did you contribute the loss to the cheat...???

Also, noticed not much cheese and you tend to eat mostly low fat proteins, or are you a vegetarian.....

Any tips would be appreciated...you can message me if you like...

Would like to join the 20 pound loss group also.... Lot of weight for me by October but hopefully you guys can help me along...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Sat, Aug-09-03 at 18:13.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 00:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 68/?/60 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:

hey hellraiser,

thanks for starting this thread, I need the motivation.

how come yr getting married in sydney? you'll definitely be at yr goal by then, we'll all help.

nadia, how funny, I was gonna tell you about this challemge then my computer timed out, glad you found it.

I know we can all do it guys, my problem isn't the water consumption on the exercise...it's actually sticking to the diet, so if you all can help me with that I'll be more than happy.

thanks again,
have a good one
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:50

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

What a nice big group!

A lot of people taking vacations in October too so good luck to you all making it down so you can show it all off then!!

My problem is not the water or exercise either. I do both pretty regularly. My main problem is eating those fake sugar things. I am trying to stay away from all of them, even splenda, or at least eating it in minimal amounts. I think it affects me the wrong way.

One success story! I went to the Wisconsin State Fair yesterday and I DID NOT cheat!!! Woohooo!! It was hard at first temptation was all around but I managed it! Excited about it, was really nervous before going there.

Yes Cathie and Skeeweeaka, I am a vegetarian so I don't eat a ton of protein but much more than before this program that is for sure!
Not hard like most people think - I think before like most vegetarians most of my meals were just based on the wrong things (carbs).

Good luck to everyone!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 14:12
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi everyone! Hope your weekend is going great!

My TOM is here so I am feeling bloated and cramping. I am drinking my water to help.
Quote:
I went to the Wisconsin State Fair yesterday and I DID NOT cheat!!! Woohooo!! It was hard at first temptation was all around but I managed it! Excited about it, was really nervous before going there.
Good job etolie!

My challenge with this WOL isn't the sticking to the plan, or getting my water in, it's exercising consistently. I walked for a hour yesterday and today I am taking off. Tomorrow is my cardio & abdominals (1 hour at gym). I alternate between cardio and weight days.

What types of workouts do you all do?

Be strong!

Peace
red
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 14:24

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up Etoiles... & CARB BLOCKERS DO THEY HELP???

Just wanted to thank you for replying...don't know if I can go vegetarian...my problem is eating meats because I don't like to consume that much....don't really like tofu... I can't really cook that well so I try the easy stuff burgers, bacon, some chicken breasts, smoked sausage but I know it's high in sodium because it is processed... Will try to stay away from the processed meats this week...that might be contributing to the stalls...just thought about that... Thanks again...

Carb Blockers....is anyone trying them and have you had success????

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Sun, Aug-10-03 at 14:39.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 18:54
Registered Member

Stats: 170/160/130 Female 5 Feet 7 Inches
BF:26%/22%/18%
Progress: 25%

Count me In ...Yay ! I'm so glad that I found this forum. I'm getting married in October so this is a challenge I'd love to be part of.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 19:33

junebug23: I'm getting married Nov 7 ! Let's help each other!

H.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 19:41
Registered Member

Stats: 170/160/130 Female 5 Feet 7 Inches
BF:26%/22%/18%
Progress: 25%

You're On Hellraiser. This should work great. I've only been on the Atkins diet 4 days but the challenge sounds reasonable. I'll log on everyday and let you know how I'm doing
I'm also reading the Atkins for life book so I'll be posting tips every so often. Sooooooo Excited that I'm actually going to go through with this !

Last edited by junebug23 : Sun, Aug-10-03 at 19:44.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 19:43

You're on junebug23! It's a bridal callenge. Let's make each other thin.

H.