Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaob
I find when I do regular LC (Atkins) and drink wine I don't lose. Will this WOE work if I have wine every night during the overeating phase??
I quit drinking alcohol at all sometime ago, but when I lost most of weight in the beginperiod I feasted everynight, wine and beer included! I went from just over 100 kg to 89 kg some 6 months. Because of exercising the actual fat loss was even bigger, I gained some muscle .

Quote:
How does my plan look? How many are doing this WOE?
Your plan looks great, only it seems a little moderate in the evening, so check you try not to speed up things by eating not enough!

Quote:
I am new to this forum (just registered) so I was wondering if there is a challenge on the WD?

Since english is not my native language I don't understand exactly what you are asking here, but if it is whether the WD is questioned or not: Yes, the WD goes against all common sense of about everyone .

But then, after 2 years I'm getting the kind of body I never thought of, didn't know was possible.

And most of the critiques are still the same and deprieve themselves of good food...

Only one family member who was critising very hard, and was extremely overweight (european standard...) was sometime ago loosing quite nice, and I heard she took only some yoghurt during the day and main meal in the evening...Warrior Diet!

Last edited by watcher16 : Mon, Jun-13-05 at 10:00.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 12:09
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpahmw
This way of eating is very interesting to me. Before I went to college, I ate very little during the day and one family meal at night...
...I've come to realize that for me it does not work. I will try this diet because it is close to what I ate when I was smaller.

I have had that too, in high school and later on, I only took coffee for breakfast. I was one time able to take for lunch only one slice of bread. So maybe this is for part of the people a quite natural way of 'feeding'.

Like I wrote in some post, after I found out I could do this, I realised a lot of animals can do for days without food, so why could I do a couple of hours without (especially when not feeling hungry ) ?

When I eat a little, eggs or cheese, and drink water, I feel alert and healthy, and it's only a couple of hours more to an abundant evening of enjoying eating! What can there be difficult about that, I even like it
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 18:35

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 214/208/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thanks for the advice watcher16.
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 19:14

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I also remember a time in my twenties, when I was really slender. I usually skipped breakfast, grabbed a sesame seed crunch thingie you buy in the store at lunch time, had tea or coffe during the day and then had a normal meal in the evening. No problems with my weight. I did not even own a scale, but I was very, very slender!
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 06:34

Plan: mayo
Stats: 165/145/110 Female 5'2" w/ shoes!!
BF:
Progress: 36%

Watcher-thanks for your help! A "challenge" is when a group of people trying the same WOE challenge each other to stay with the program by offering daily support via a "challenge" thread. Daily posting helps people stay on track. I am new to this website, other LC websites offer a challenge forum. Anyway, I wasn't sure how many people were doing the WD. It seems people post about the WD and then disappear (but again, I am new to this board, so don't know many posters very well yet!) I would love to see how anyone who has been doing the WD for any length of time is doing. I know I could stick with it if I was assured weight loss. I am still a bit skeptical that I can have my wine and drink it too!!
I did well yesterday! It was nice to go to my Bunco party and eat what everyone else was eating!
Please post your results-anyone who has done this WOE!! God Bless all!
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 07:18

BF:

Another question, Watcher (or anyone else still following WD). I know you eat a few meals during your overeating phase. Are you actually hungry or do you just eat because it's overeating time? Last night (my first day on WD) I ate a balanced BIG meal at a party but didn't feel hungry after that and I didn't eat. Should I not eat during the overeating phase if I am full?
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 09:39

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

That's a question I have as well.

I've been trying the WD for a few weeks but am having lots of trouble. I just cannot eat a lot at one time. I get full very quickly in the evening and then do not always feel hungry again. So I think I end up not really overeating at night and thus I am too hungry the next day. If I make myself eat a lot I end up with heartburn and generally feel yucky.

I also am having a hard time adjusting to the undereating phase. Some days I feel great, other days I feel lightheaded and not well and so I end up eating more to feel better.

-J
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 10:26
Registered Member

Hi folks, there are not many WD followers at the LC forums, I don't know of any real big community. There are some at the german boards www.ironsport.de and www.bbszene.de , and a number at www.dragondoor.com (nutrition forum). Also in www.t-mag.com there have been a lot of people interested in the WD.

At these sites we are talking about real serious fat loss and muscle building. Because of the very real results I am looking into their methods and trying to take what works for them and try it myself. There are some atletes and martial arts figures (champion type) that have followed the WD.

I am here at these LC forums because although I like the hardcore mentality about what works I like not the somewhat rude behaviour directed to growing 'big'. The original way of the WD, is about growing lean and functional muscular.

~jaob: look into the articles I referred to in www.T-mag.com, there are some remarks that may enlighten you on how to eat (search on Ori Hofmekler).

Quote:
Are you actually hungry or do you just eat because it's overeating time? Last night (my first day on WD) I ate a balanced BIG meal at a party but didn't feel hungry after that and I didn't eat. Should I not eat during the overeating phase if I am full?

What I do is eat when hungry, or with the family eat as far as I am hungry, when not I just take some thea. But when I eat because I am hungry I alway eat full to satisfaction. If later I don't want a real meal, I most of the time take a kind of healthy snack-food. Sometimes, unhealty, I don't make a real problem of that.

~JPaleo
Can you give an example of what you eat at night?
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 11:13

BF:

Here's an example:

-large salad (spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, other greens) with a little dressing
-one turkey breast cooked with zucchini, onion, garlic
-brown rice medley (NOT instant--takes 40 minutes to cook)

I tend to get fairly full on just the salad and then can only eat about half the turkey breast and veg and rice. Last week I started just saving half my dinner for lunch the next day but of course that goes against the WD way. I did not get hungry again that evening but woke up ravenous the next morning.

I am definitely having trouble with this.

Today I have just been ravenous since I woke up and I have already eaten more than I should have (had some oatmeal).

-J
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 12:39

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Paleo, I would say you need to find something else that suits your eating-style and hunger patterns better. Everyone is so very different. What works for one person, certainly could be entirely wrong for another person. It's just the way it is. All the best in finding your very own low-carb way of eating that suits you best. You might find CALP or CAD easier or even South Beach.
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 15:52

BF:

The thing is, when I can do it I do feel better. I tend to feel sick and have more blood sugar issues when I eat several small meals a day. But right now I am battling the urge to eat during the undereating phase. On the few days I haven't been hungry and gotten through the day I do feel better.

So I guess I would like this to work mainly so I feel better.
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 22:05

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 214/208/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yesterday I didn't eat much at all during the day. I ate some protein and that's it. I ate my evening meal during the overeating phase and was not hungry the next morning.I felt very energetic. However today I ate a large salad at about 4 pm and it made me very tired and sleepy. I thought this would be a light meal. I can see how eating heavy during the day can cause fatigue.
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-05, 05:37
Registered Member

Hi there,

~JPaleo, it looks to me you eat not enough fat and protein, so you may get way too little calories, no wonder you have to eat the next day.

Someone with a similar experience posted here, maybe you can learn something from the reactions of others on the problem:

http://forum.dragondoor.com/nutrition/message/320864/
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-05, 06:41

BF:

Good morning-it's good to see some posters here about WD! I felt great yesterday (day 2). Very energized. I never thought I could survive on very little to eat during the day. Here was my menu for yesterday:
B-3 big mugs coffee/cream
L-salad w/ LC dressing, 1 oz. chic breast, sprinkle cheese, sunflower seeds
Overeating phase beginning 4:30-
2 glasses red wine sipped from 4:30-8:30
pork chop
lg. salad w/ full fat dressing
mixed vegies
big bowl of popcorn w/ butter

So far no weight loss but I am amazed how I felt during the day. Never thought I could go without breakfast and feel good. I was actually wanting to exercise -something I usually avoid!! I am really in this for the weight loss, so I hope it works, but the side effect of energy during the day is pretty nice.

Paleo-if nothing else your menu (even if you split it between lunch and dinner)is healthy and LC. I, too, find I don't end up eating much at night (although it's only day 3 for me)

Good luck to all-any lurkers?? Please post so we can share ideas and results!
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-05, 09:37

BF:

Watcher16, thanks! I didn't even think about that but I am definitely not getting enough fat and probably not enough protein. I probably just need to focus on the density of my food and not the volume.

Jaob, I am eating healthy stuff (for the most part) so that is good. I am not really on a low carb plan right now, more of a listen to my body kinda thing. But I do try to eat whole foods.

-J