Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 07:23
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Hello Meg, congratulations with your pregnancy!

I found not much on this issue regarding the WD, only http://chetday.com/meatandpg.htm

I think if you check on South Beach you can find answers:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=226258

I would advise to eat healthy to satisfaction, my wife has given birth to three children and still has a beatiful figure, thanks to moderate eating and sport. If you just adjust the WD to eating some more at daytime and some less and night you may have a good base to change back after the pregnancy.

Since a lot of women who take care do get back really nice bodies I would not worry at all!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 12:17
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Thanks! I've been looking into it and think I'll just have to go how I feel. I've been having bits of cheese or some hard boi and marrow broth in the am.. and by 1-2pm I am ready for a big meal - psychologically though, physically I could be fine. I'm 4 1/2 mos and I'm sure much later in the preg my body will want larger amounts of food. Two o clock is better than having a huge breakfast though!

I'm not worried about GETTING a great body afterward...eventually.. logically I know it will happen because I know what to do to make it happen and I love intense activity, it's just hard to emotionally accept it since I'm just growing rounder by the month and know that it will keep on going

I can't even begin to imagine how I'll feel nursing since this is my first.
I'd love to hear people's experiences though and how they're enjoying the WD or a variation of it.

Meg
  #78   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 11:51

Plan: warrior diet
Stats: 178/173/160 Male 66
BF:
Progress:
Default question about time to exercise on warrior diet

hi all
i realize this is an old thread but have a question. i have not read the book, just picked up some basic information about the undereating and overeating. i have been exercising in the morning, first thing. cardio and weights. but i do not eat my one huge meal until the evening. is this correct? thanks in advance
  #79   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 13:21
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

you are correct, but as far as I know it is "ideal" to do your workout before dinner, under conditions which he calls "controlled fatigue" but I think it doesn't really matter all that much when you exercise. The important thing is that your big meal is in the evening.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 06:50
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy34
hi all
i realize this is an old thread but have a question. i have not read the book, just picked up some basic information about the undereating and overeating. i have been exercising in the morning, first thing. cardio and weights. but i do not eat my one huge meal until the evening. is this correct? thanks in advance

At some days I do this also, bike 27 km in the morning, eat late at night my main meal. It is allowed to have some small food like vegetables, eggs, meat, cheese or fruit juices during the daytime.

I don't bother with an afternoon snack anyway, intuitive eating is something that really exists.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 19:25
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi! I've been lurking around this thread for a while now, and two weeks ago I officially started the WD (with a couple days when I ate through-out the day because of holidays). I have seen awesome results so far (I am down 5 pounds almost in two weeks).
  #82   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 00:29
Registered Member

Hello Akasha!

Nice to hear from you, I hope you will like the WOL.

btw is your goal weight really 100 pounds?
  #83   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 00:44
Registered Member

Lightbulb Incompatibility with family dinner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_Fox!
Hi, this thread came up when i did a search for the Warrior Diet. So, I registered and here I am. There is a lot of info on the web about the Warrior Diet (WD for short). People tend to love it or hate it. I love it, my wife hates it. The problem is that at dinner, I would be eating 3,000 plus calories (I work in a feed store and lift weights, to boot!), so I have to come up with a strategy to do the WD and not make my lovely wife grumpy. I think this can be done. Having done this diet in the past, I got hooked on the energy and clear-headedness the diet gave me. Oh, it didn't seem to have a bad effect on my work capacity, really, but it takes a while to adjust to. The crockpot will become a great friend of anyone on this diet!
For anyone having this 'inequality' problem:

What I do is eat the normal family dinner without the potatoes, rice or pasta. That is no problem since we always have 2 sorts (also double amount) of vegetables/legumes/salad/beans.

When I am not fully satisfied I complete my meal after dinner with some 60g of mixed nuts.

Occasionally, and to build the habit in the beginning, reward yourself with icecream, cake or whatever 'sin' lurks in your cravings. This will reinforce you new habits enourmously. And you will not need to do this every day, just the feeling that you could and are allowed to (from yourself!) is a luxury feeling.

Late at night I take a second meal with the leftover vegetables etc. or canned beans, peas etc. Sometimes cheese, meat or whatever there is. I spice it up with herbs, pepper, mustard, add some calories by adding one or two spoons of mayonaise (good also for muscle growth).

This last meal will take you through the next day. When having eaten not enough at this time, don't bother about eating some healthy food/snacks during the daytime next day.

The feeling of not being deprived of food, but in contrary the eating to satisfaction is an great asset of this WOL.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:07

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Question for you guys...

Hi there,

I've been reading about the WD since my eating schedule seems to fully be in line with what is espoused to by the diet.

Naturally, I understand that one should eat protein after a weight session at the gym. However, I go for an empty stomach run in the morning. On the WD, should one eat after a run in the morning? Or, just wait and eat at night after the weight session?

Thanks in advance,

Frederick
  #85   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 09:57

Plan: calp
Stats: 185/140/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

Hey Akasha, congrats on the weight loss via the wd. Can you tell me what a typical day looks like for you, food wise? Thanks, Amy
  #86   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 04:35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick
Naturally, I understand that one should eat protein after a weight session at the gym. However, I go for an empty stomach run in the morning. On the WD, should one eat after a run in the morning? Or, just wait and eat at night after the weight session?

My feeling is you should eat some, but only according to your personal need. If you can do without itīs Ok, if you need to have some, thatīs also OK.

So I donīt make a difference between cardio in the morning and other dayīs. Some dayīs I eat more during daytime, some days very little.

This may be confusing for people wanting exact prescribed diets, but the intuïtive eating of the WD is effective and psychologically healing!
  #87   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 13:23
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi All,

I've been trying a version of The Warrior Diet lately where I fast all day long and then eat all my food during a couple hours in the early evening. I usually have a huge appetite all day, and I was doubtful whether this would work for me, but I feel really good so far. If I don't eat breakfast, I don't get hungry mid-morning and it's been easy to just keep going until I get home from work, when I treat myself to a generous, balanced meal. Does anyone else go all day long without food? I've been plagued my whole life with getting horrible reactive hypoglycemia from whatever I ate during the day, especially lunch, and it's so awesome to have good energy throughout the day. It's weird that my blood sugar would stay steadier without food all day than by eating regular meals - I never would have guessed that this would work.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 21:19

Plan: calp
Stats: 185/140/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

yes I am trying to go all day, too, with just drinking coffee and waiting until dinner to eat a good balanced meal. I don't believe for one minute that if you go a long time without eating your metabolism slows down. I'm really tired of hearing about it. I mean, I think that if you don't have any food in your system for a long time, your body will start using your fat to burn for energy. I think if you eat all day, your body will use what you eat for burning fat. What do you all think?
  #89   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 05:35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyvr
I mean, I think that if you don't have any food in your system for a long time, your body will start using your fat to burn for energy. I think if you eat all day, your body will use what you eat for burning fat. What do you all think?

Yeah, thatīs what I understood of it. After the sleep and part of the morning the carbs are not in your blood anymore and you start burning the fat instead of carbs. Thatīs the goal.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

I agree. I haven't done it long enough to know for sure from experience, but I have read that it's the total amount of calories you eat which determines your metabolic rate, not when you eat them. In the Warrior Diet book the author also says something similar.

Has anyone tried the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (CAD)? This feels sort of similar to me eating once a day (the main difference is what you're allowed to eat during the day, but when you're not eating all day, there's not that much of a difference). I am finding that I don't need to limit my evening meal to an hour, either, like CAD recommends - in fact it's better if I stretch it out over 2 to 3 hours. I'm really enjoying this and I can't believe how good I feel all day long with no food. It's really unexpected. I love the nice light feeling I get during the day, and especially not getting low blood sugar every afternoon a couple hours after lunch! I have read that there are lots of great health benefits from intermittent fasting, too.

Enjoy in good health, everyone!