Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-11, 20:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/232.4/165 Female 68.5
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile Lost, Gained, Committed Once Again....

When I first started Atkins, I went from 248 down to 200 by Thanksgiving of 2009. The last 4 weeks of that, I had added lots of veggies with the protein and rarely had diet sodas and dropped the last 10 pounds really quickly. After Thanksgiving, I started to eat the things that I ate before and have gained back 40 pounds of what I had lost.

I have decided to get back with the LC as of the New Year and get the weight off for good. I dread the headaches and sluggishness that I know I'll face this week but I know that they'll pass in a short time. I look forward to feeling the way that I felt Thanksgiving Day 2009.

I am so appreciative of everyone here who has commented on my posts before and the people that I read about here and they are such an inspiration. I hope that by the time 2012 rolls around that I make 200 once again and with hard work and support from you guys and my family, I know that I'll get there!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 13:19

Plan: Low net carb
Stats: 274/265/160 Female 69
BF:TOO MUCH FOR NOW
Progress: 8%

Hi, I noticed our stats are about the same. I will be watching you and wishing you the best of luck. Keep me posted on your success. I will be hoping for less than 200 by 2012 also !!!

Good luck !
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 16:34

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemyheart
Hi, I noticed our stats are about the same. I will be watching you and wishing you the best of luck. Keep me posted on your success. I will be hoping for less than 200 by 2012 also !!!

Good luck !

Our stats are about the same and we will get there so thank you for posting and best of luck to you as well. Hang in there, we can and will do this!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-11, 05:56

BF:

Well, I'm happy to report that as of today I am down to 231.2. That is 8.8 pounds from the date that I started. My first mini goal would be to make it to 200, then to any number that doesn't start with a 2. I look forward to fit in my old jeans again!

Good luck to all of you!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-11, 16:34

Plan: None
Stats: 232/230/150 Female 70 centimeters
BF:
Progress:

Wow, you and I both! Good job!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 11:46

Plan: Atkins - Carb Cycling
Stats: 256.1/256.1/120 Female 67
BF:46%/40%/35%/30%/25
Progress: 0%

Way to go, Jenwilgo! I'm in the same boat that you are. After losing about 80 lbs in less than a year, I gained a large portion of it back due to my laxness around eating properly and the notion that "I lost it once, I can lose it again" mentality. Before I knew it, I was ALMOST back to where I started.

Congratulations on your accomplishments!! I'm re-committing myself to not making this a temporary change, but a lifestyle change. I remember how happy I felt going clothes shopping after losing all that weight and just how much more confident I felt period! We can do this!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 15:26

BF:

You are doing outstanding! Thank you so much for offering encouragement and it always helps. I, too have committed to make it a complete transformation of my lifestyle and hate myself sometimes for going back to the old habits. I find myself thinking "well, if I'd stayed on track, I'd be at goal by now."

Thank you!