Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-24-20, 08:14

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

My wife has a problem with A1. It gives her dark circles under her eyes, a sign of inflammation. So all the butter and cheese we get is imported from Europe or Australia since they have predominantly A2 cows there.

The only A1 I get is cream for my coffee, and it's organic. I don't want a cow that has been given rBGH as it is suspected of giving men prostate cancer. I'd get A2 if it were offered here.

I can't tell the difference in taste between A1 and A2 but I can definitely tell the difference between full-fat and part-skim.

Life is too short to eat mediocre food.

Bob
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-25-20, 11:39

Plan: None, limit carbs, Omega6
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

On the Food Unwrapped show in the UK, they have done features in Italy on buffalo mozzarella and mascarpone and showed that both were made from milk from special cow's that produced milk with a similar fat level to single cream. The high cost being due to the lower productivity of the cows. The consensus was that they were much better than regular full fat cow milk, especially in Tiramisu.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-25-20, 13:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_rose
On the Food Unwrapped show in the UK, they have done features in Italy on buffalo mozzarella and mascarpone and showed that both were made from milk from special cow's that produced milk with a similar fat level to single cream. The high cost being due to the lower productivity of the cows. The consensus was that they were much better than regular full fat cow milk, especially in Tiramisu.

That must be why they taste so good.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 12:56

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Jerseys are a small cow, relatively low production compared to the Holsteins. But their %butterfat is much higher. Also an old breed. .. an A2 type.

Holsteins have become the king of production.... mist economical . Farmers are pushing the girls for production as the milk prices hardly pay the bills. More cheap food.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 13:02

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Love Jersey cream! I haven't been able to get it again since the Covid lockdown began since I'm not going into stores, and only getting groceries through the Walmart curbside pickup, and no Jersey cream available there
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 13:03

BF:

Also meant to add.... when my son was a two year old pediatric nurses and doctors kept pushing to put him on 2%milk. I refused , repeatly. They finally gave up. They followed government guidlines, and I followed DANDR the best I could. I wish I had better understood how to prepare meals for little ones without fruit juices and cheerios. Should not be allowed near children.

My kids eat a lot of full fat cheeses, yogurts , sour crean and HWC.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 13:06

BF:

Jersey and Guernsey cows make the best milk. Quality over quantity, but that's not how corporate farms in the USA feel about it. All they care about is shareholder profits.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 15:04

BF:

There used to be dozens of small family dairies around here..... just one left I know of. Others grew mega-houses.

The price per hundred weight of milk is piss poor. Only milking the Holsteins gives a hope for tomorrow.

One local farm has gone to raw milk to pay the bills. State gave them grief, just because they could, despite farm following rules and regs. per local paper.

A Jersey is the perfect family cow. Though some prefer the dexter... not sure of the A1, A2 status on that old dual purpose type.

If anyone does farm work, you know how poorly paid it is. Not all farms have shareholder beyond the immediate family members. Some group together to become co-ops.

With schools closed, the milk is getting dumped.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 03:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

A local dairy has a herd of Brown Swiss, my favorite. It all goes to cheese.