Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
!! 60 pounds in 3 months
Posted by atmasters
Posted Wed, Mar-30-05
Male 6ft 2inc
Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%
Talking !! 60 pounds in 3 months

Well this is my story. I made a commitment on Jan 01 05 that I was going to get back to my weight that I was before I got Married. I am in the Canadian Army and was 230 pounds after coming out of all my training and I was hard training. I am in the Infantry. It seemed like the day I said I do my waist got bigger So I made a plane to loose 60 pounds. I was weighing in at a big 290 pounds. I am now at my goal weight of 230 pounds in just 3 months. I did do Atkins last year for about 2 months and was not that commited to it so I fell off the wagon. My wife is not a low carb fan at all so not to much support there but she is liking the resaults I started by realy watching my carb intake and staying very low at around 10 grams a day. I did this by eating a lot of fish. I eat a lot of eggs and I switched to Turkey Bacon. I also got a Husky She is great always wanted a Husky I love Kona so much. So I started to walk and I meen walk a lot like 14 km a day. I found it very easy I would go in the morning and then after dinner it is nice. I also was swimming as well. My wife called me an extreamest because I made this such a part of my life. I have slowed down a little I needed a little more family time. I did not give up the walks. I have had to fight off a lot of negitivity from a lot of people and I just put my head down and walked right threw it all. I am now sitting here at my goal weight and sharring my story with the biggest support group ever. With out all of you I dont think I would have done it. Any question I had was always anserwed. And when I felt down and out I would just read all of your goals and some bumps in the road and once again put the head down and marhed on.I am going to go down to 220 pounds then start interdusing more carbs. I still only take in about 10 grams a day and I try to stay around 1000 calories. I love hot wings so Blow the calorie thing all the time but that is what is great about this WOE. Fitday has also been a very good tool. I take some supplaments Like omega 3 pills and I drink green tea instead of coffie.

Well just thought I would share my story sorry for my spelling and how long this is
I am going to carrie on and read all of your great storys
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by SunAngel on Wed, Mar-30-05, 15:21

Your weight loss is amazing. Great job.
Mine is a little slow about two pounds a week but I am not giving up. At least it is working.
Congratulations on your success! You must feel like a million dollars.

41 comments [read all comments]

Article tools