Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2821   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 10:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone.

Taking a breath and checking in. It has been a busy few days around here, lots of emotion, lots of transitions, did I say emotion? Emotion spewing from all sides and all directions, everywhere. Messy, messy, messy.

Anyway, taking a day today to regroup and breathe. DH and I are going to see the Mr Rogers movie today at a matinee (perfect for a cathartic cry.. I'm bringing a cloth napkin. I love me some Mr Rogers!) and then Dh and I are meeting up with DD and SoIL for dinner.

DS17 is off for break now and also has an easier work week coming up after working Tues-Sat this past week. I am looking forward to not setting an alarm clock!

I am way off plan right now. I know I need to right the cart. I will.

Hugs, all.
Sponsored Links
  #2822   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 11:02

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good morning- Funny you both are interested in my foot peel because I have it on as I type.

So... Lori/ Trig- It is called Baby Feet by Dermora- Got it on amazon. the reviews were excellent. Also it is what Oprah, and Greg and Hoda use so it is good enough for me to try.

I read and heard that it does take about 9-10 days for it to "start" to shed. If you have really rough heels like I do it might take two applications. But they give you two in the box.

Note to self- You are right Lori it is sorta sloppy. I did it over the tub and I am glad I did. I also put great big fuzzy socks over the plastic sock they give you. Then you sit for 60 min and wash off and wait.
I have also read that not all peels are the same. This one got the highest reviews. I have very rough heels because I love to be barefoot year round. I buff but it is not enough.

So this product is a plastic "footie" you slide your foot into and "seal. However I also put a sock over it to prevent slosh. It is a clear water like stuff in it. you have to be careful not to let it spill out as you put your foot in. Once I got "settled" here in front of the computer I am fine. No tingle, nothing....... Just like having my foot in water. I was a bit nervous as my skin is sensitive. I will report on the "peel"....

Lori- I thing the next girls party should be in the big mansion! What fun that would be! We would scare off your cousin!!!! Of course we could also give her a scotch and send her to bed! HAHAHAHAH.
I would love to see pic's- wow. I am like Trig, those old victorian brick homes are just beautiful.

I feel like such a slug sleeping until 9:30 when you and Trig are up by 5!!!! It's 11:30 and still early for me! LOLOLOLOL

You are getting the rain we had yesterday! It rained heavy most of the day. Now we have cool temps and bright skies. It feels like winter here. Although all the leaves have not yet dropped. Almost- but not all.

How are you doing with the house to yourself? Cool on your TG plans- no prep and no clean up! The best! Taking wine is always a thumbs up. At least you know there is something you like!
I went to a Christmas party several years ago and they had all this fruit punch with rum in it. NO WINE- Never made that mistake again!

TRIG- So you are hanging solo too? I love what BLUE said to you last post! You have found your sweet spot- screw the scale and keep on. 17 pounds is TERRIFIC!!!!

Did you get your walk tape on yesterday? I was such a slug yesterday. I looked at it- from across the room in my recliner!
All you're gifts done huh? Wow- I will hand you my list and let you shop away, wrap and send! HAHA. I will have to say wrapping is my least favorite thing to do. I usually have a stack to do. I wait till the last minute. Then it truly is a chore.

Thankfully I did get the kids done prior to me losing my job. So there are gifts to wrap- but they are sitting in the closet.

BIRTHDAY girl coming up! How do you like having a birthday in Dec? Having a birthday myself 3 weeks AFTER Christmas is sorta similar. People want to combine the two. So annoying. I like my birthday except the getting older part. But I tell ya- after fifty it just sorta runs together. What is another year at this point. Like you I am just waiting until I can get SS and be done. IF it is even there for me.
They keep pushing the age to collect in hopes we will all die out! HAHAHA- Not funny but true.

What's on your menu tonight?

BLUE- Hey you know what I was thinking about you this morning when I was taking my bath....... I know TMI- . But here's the thing. You were posting about your net carbs and what works for you. You are so right on.
If I were writing a book to my 20 year self what would I say? Find something that works for you and stick to it. Don't "diet hop". It doesn't work. So in that view I was thinking about writing and all and about our thread and how we have all evolved in our own way and what I would say to these gals struggling with weight.

Find a low carb option you can live with and just keep steady. We all know now that high carb, low fat is a lie and processed food is not good. It isn't rocket science.
But people still believe the calorie in calorie out myth. It all boils down to each person and how YOUR body deals with carbs.
That is why people like you and LORI can get away with a few nibbles here and there.

It doesn't work that way for me and TRIG. - But the key, what works for you.

So cool you have a friend in the biz who came over and had some tips for you and got you pumped about your projects. That is exciting. What are you working on? I love hearing about your work. It is so artsy and creative.

Been to TJ lately? - I am going this afternoon. Need some 21 spice for 1.99

NIC- - Don't worry us- put down a dot. Let us know you are breathing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was total slug day. Add a hungry day as well. I did stay within an eating window, but I felt like I was eating the entire time. My chili was so good. I put beef, sirloin, and sausage in it, peppers, onion, garlic, and tomatoes, and beef broth, tomato paste. It was thick and cowboy like!
However, SALT SALT AND MORE SALT. I think I put in too much sausage as it did sorta overpower the chili and I feel it in my hands this morning.

Water flush- today!!!!!- Plus I am going for a walk come ......or high water. And the rain is gone so no excuses. I am taking the boo and we are moving. She slept most of yesterday too- so that slug also needs to move.

Not so hungry today. I was going to put on a roast- but I got up late. I guess I could toss it in the pressure cooker. just not as hungry today. Got all my eating in yesterday! HA

Going to job hunt a bit this afternoon and keep looking. It's not a great time of year to job hunt. But I want to keep at it, and not put all my eggs in one agency basket. This is my life and I will run it how I see fit. So I want to explore all.

Trig- I too am already thinking summer and shorts and would love to hit a 20 pound goal- (50 actually is my total goal) but 20 would be a great start.

Sometimes I think my weight is holding me back from what I want to do- health coaching! You know when I have helped people get on board they lose weight and I am still big????? GO figure. I know it is a hormone thing- and one of the first things I want to do when I get insurance back is see an alternative doctor.
But then again most insurance don't pay for those types of doctors anyway.
I am still trying to figure it all out. Maybe I have a hungry 6 ft tape worm in my gut that makes my belly big! Yup- that has got to be it!

Ok gals- I am about to go wash this "stuff off my feet. It really was not that bad. Just remember to use a sock over the plastic and sit down for an hour. Takes me that long to write to you all anyway!

Have a good one............ I am thinking steak/ or crab cakes....... Hummmmmmm maybe sloppy LC Joe! that sounds yummy.

EDIT- NIC- we were cross posting! Thank goodness you are ok. We are here honey if you want to talk. here or email! We got you!
  #2823   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-19, 19:40

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Oh Nic---That just sounds so intense and hard. I liked the way you just called it "messy." Yep, life sure can be messy sometimes! SIGH. It is so hard to do that role switch wherein those who used to be our caretakers are now like your children, only old children. I would guess that a lot of your stress and emotion is watching your husband come to terms with this all. It's tough.

Yeah, you WILL get back on some kind of lower carb plan, I know you will. Once we've seen how it can work, what our sweet spot feels like there---and I remember well when you were there---well, like I said, nothing regarding eating is ever quite the same again. We can go off plan now and then and we do, but we know exactly what the consequences are.

But, for right now pal, just get over these last days and back into your day to day life. Then you can think what you want to do.

Jaz---You sound so much more relaxed right now, even if you've been sick. I am happy for you that you've got this time to just, heck, be YOU w/out all the stress of a new job, not to mention traveling to a new place w/2 weeks notice. Hey, if it had worked out, I know you'd have done it and done it well. But you got yourself a little extra time to think about it all. When we first find ourselves w/out income, it crowds everything else out of our brains. Been there, done that.

Ha, on the foot booty de-callus thing. Reminds me of that weird thing that goes on quite commonly in spas in Japan. You put your feet in water full of these little "flesh eater" fish, LOL. They are tiny and swarm your feet and eat off all the dead skin. I have read it feels like something tickling your feet. Don't know that I could do that. Funny we Americans. We don't know what the heck is in the booties we're wearing, but live little fish, eeeeeewwwwwww.

Nevertheless, I'm very interested in your experience with this.

Trig---Heck to the yeah, you sure are a flexible wife! Hubby and I both appreciate and respect each other's individuality and doing stuff separately from each other, but if he was to head off on Thanksgiving morning to hunt---hmmmmmm. Think I'd struggle w/that.

But for you guys, I can see how it works just fine. It's different when you still have a kid at home, and your mom around. Love that your mom is so darn spunky and still making gingerbread houses w/the kiddo. What gorgeous memories she will have of this all her life. So, LOL, under those circumstances I guess we can dispense w/the the hubby.

Lori---Will love to see the pix if you can get them. And yeah, funny when you walk out of one decade and into another by simply walking into the kitchen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a nice Sunday! Totally chill. Gloomy here but very nice temp in the 40s. So it was a cozy day. Hubs and I binged out all afternoon on "Man in the High Castle," final season on Amazon. Very compelling series.

Taking a break for dinner, hubby made crack slaw---which LOL, he now thinks of as his recipe. He does a great job on it. Going to grab myself a bowl and we'll be back to watching our series. SO cozy to really get into a good series on a gloomy day, like reading a book all day, but visually presented to you.

I have a large day tomorrow. Big meeting with BC on big project. It's going to be challenging and I have to be on my toes, so couple more episodes and off to bed early for me. Want to be fresh w/good sleep tomorrow. Chances are, I'm going to need at least that.
  #2824   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 04:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Ugh....yesterday was such a gloomy day. We had rain turning to snow in the morning and it was a bit windy to boot. Just miserable when I went uptown to open Betty's door. I didn't go out the rest of the day. I called her in the afternoon and she said she had just eaten something that a friend brought her, so she didn't need me to come and fix her anything. She's been doing quite well lately, moving around a bit more and doing for herself.

I made the mistake of taking some "gut health" supplements the past 3 days and it has made me feel ill. Sometimes I feel like I need something to get things moving and then things backfire(!) on me. This supplement has inulin in it and I should know better than to take it......super bloat and pain and then...well, I'm sure you get the picture. I got 10 packets that you mix with water and I took 3 of them....recommended 1 a day.Yikes..no more. I kept them, but thinking I should just throw them out. More $$ down the drain! I guess I just have to let my "system" alone and let it do it's own thing!

I was thinking about going to a class or 2 at the gym today, but I'll have to see how my gut behaves after a couple cups of coffee. It's only 5AM, so I'll see what the next few hours bring.

The hunters are on their way home. They drove a couple hours last night and will drive about 11 hours today. They are probably on the road as we speak. I'm sure our son had them up WAY early to hit the road. Son shot a deer yesterday morning, but it was just a small one, so he gave it to their guide instead of bringing it home. DGS15 is bringing his trophy home...it was a big deer with a huge rack.

--------

Blue...hope your big day goes perfectly with BC.

Nic.....are inlaws moved, or still with you? I know these are super stressful times.

Jaz....hope you enjoyed your Sunday and your foot treatment. I'll be anxious to hear if your skin starts sloughing off in a week or so.

Trig....Yes, hubby is lucky that you are willing to be flexible around his hunting. I am the same way. I don't get all wrapped up in the holiday things. No big deal to me. You'll have a nice visit with your Mom being there for a few days.

Ok.....time for another cup of coffee. I have to go to the grocery store later to restock the fridge for DH's return. There's a whole bunch of nothing in there right now.
  #2825   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 06:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

wow the thread is jumping, like we all got back here at the same time LOL
cool

Nicco….wow forgot the inlaws where there....came on Thurs right?
Messy messy messy.....ugh I feel for ya on that one. I bet it is! I ain't a 'do messy' good person, I get the feeling you aren't either
Hold strong, your messy will be ending and all will right itself. It is great they are moving into the new home with help from DHs bro and all that.

Chill....good stuff coming your way

Jaz. yea I get slug, you are just getting over sick. I bet you are tired.
keep us updated on tootsie peel....lol...sounds disgusting but I am curious on it all

Oh our weight holds us from a lot of things if we let it. I think that is true for many many a person! Sucks tho…..but something like health coaching and dieting field etc......I get how one must look like Jillian Michaels or some other 'society type expected' body to feel they can enter that type of realm. I get that. But I tell ya you got a lot of medical in your brain....great info to pass onto others in the form of helping them thru very medical times and learning changes to help overall health. Just cause you don't think you look the part sure don't mean in any way you aren't qualified at all...girl you are one smart cookie in your field....just saying. And I seen a lot of people who 'didn't fit' the so called look of what a XYZ person should be and they do well in their pursuits LOL so....you might wanna think hard on that if it is an area you might wanna enter.

Blue, yea I am where the actual day of a holiday means nothing to me at all....so it works well LOL I just don't give a fig on holidays anymore in any way. I am so sick of holding to a calendar in my life. Won't do it anymore ever. Just me. I just don't put importance there any more. I am getting weirder as I get older HA

Hope your BC project goes well....make sure ya bill them good! Get that good money in your account for your hard work

dispense with the hubby....that is too funny. oh yea many days I could dispense with the hubby and not feel it one bit

Lori, wondering how close is your cousin's house to yours. Pretty close? seems like a fast jump to get there.

oh boy on the gut crap. I did it once. OMG I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. The pain from this gut fiber crap I took almost killed me. In fact it said take 2....I took 1 just in case and OMG if 1 didn't almost murder me....I can't imagine if I took 2. I would have gone to the ER. The gut pain was unreal. Super bloat and pain and horrible, I get it. I won't touch any gut crap out there with a 39 1/2 foot pole ever again in my entire life.

Remember we eat way less and more protein. Eat less, go poop less. Protein is digested so well, less waste anyway. Hey drink a bit of water cause that helps and be sure to get fatty meat etc. into your day...sometimes we need a bit more to help slide things along. I gotta say my bathroom routine is stellar and way too much info here but I am mornings like clockwork. In and out of the bathroom in 3 point 9 seconds....heehee….yea I love it. Never think about it again til the next day yea icky talk I know HA

Congrats to the hunters! Told hubby of the 10 point and he said the big ones around here are smart and he usually doesn't see them that big cause the smart ones hang out behind people's homes and never get a chance to be shot LOL He said congrats to your guys!

So today is carpet clean a few spots. Not doing the whole area, just dragging out the big cleaner for a few spots kid got and the f'ing dog I know peed there and clean up is never enough, time for the big cleaner to come out. Will make fast work of spot cleaning tho. I gotta say I hate this dog most days....stupid boy lifts his leg.....ugh. Like he owns the joint. The day I am dogless will be a nice day in my life....and NO I am not getting another come hell or highwater. So I put up with him while he is alive cause I do like him, when gone it is the dog end of my life here. Kid can get another later in life, me heck no.

so cleaning starting soon....then have to freshen up the guest bedroom for mom with some sheet washing etc.....then straighten house cause heck they trashed it mostly again real fast.

cleaned kiddo's bathroom yesterday. whole nine yards. I hate cleaning showers. I can't lean over longer cause it takes out my back. Heck I feel old LOL but everything is sparkling in there...….told her not to use it and she gave me a face...HAHA Hey only way it stays clean, don't use it LOL

Food situation good.
got ribeye and crab legs on my list today

got on the scale......yea for a quickie....had to ya know.....down 17.6.
going down very slowly but will take it. no pressure on me. Just eat the stupid plan as I know and forget it til Jan. Jan I might start to manipulate the plan more and eat lighter foods etc and force more weight loss.....but forgetting that for now.

just cruise thru the holiday on plan and leave it at that

all good....hope everyone is good out there!
  #2826   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 09:27

BF:

Trig- Girl 17.6 is absolutely amazing. That happened fast so let your body adjust. I'm sure it was a bit surprised.

I really think you should get a belly band for your dog. That will keep him from peeing in the house. I would not be able to tolerate that.

Your Mom is so amazing with her energy and independence. I can only imagine!

Jaz- How are your little baby feet today? My left heel gets dry. I'll be following your progress.

I agree with the others that you just enjoy this time to catch up on sleep- you were deprived of proper rest for a long time- and physical and emotional healing. Soon enough you will have to be getting up early again!

Lori- You are so sweet to be checking up on DH's cousin. That house is gorgeous! Another amazingly independent older person, with a great support system. Lovely!

Sorry you had gut troubles. Sounds like something I will make a note to steer clear from!

Blue- I hope your BC loves the work you have done and pays you handsomely for your efforts! Do I understand that you are about to embark on something else now? When it rains...!

•••••••••••

Yesterday was a day much needed after the stressors of the previous handful of days. The Mr Rogers movie was just excellent. DH and I both wept, some of it hitting particularly close to home at the moment. It captured many truths about him based on the books I have read. He was truly a wonderful and remarkable man, and Tom Hanks was absolutely perfect to play him.

We then enjoyed dinner out later with DD, SoIL and DS17.

Today I slept in some (yay!) and finished a VERY good book (Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed.) I think I highlighted a quarter of it in my Kindle! I have now started "Red at the Bone." I have several books to get through that all hit the library at once so the holiday is coming at a perfect time. I have some free time opening up this month and will take time to slow down a bit and enjoy it.

I will leave soon to go to the grocery store. I am taking two doubled-up dishes to the Teacher Appreciation meal and then helping to set up and serve from 3-5. I am making panzanella salad and a potato dish (apparently popular in the LDS community) called 'funeral potatoes.' I've never made either but they seem simple enough and hopefully very tasty!

This is the first year I have not signed up to do Parent-Teacher conferences in something like 21 years! I have literally been doing them since DD24 was in preschool. But, DS17 is doing well and I am ready to leave that behind.

DS17 got the part of 'Riff' in West Side Story. He had been split between whether he wanted the part of Tony or Riff. I think he was initially disappointed but I know he will take it on and do remarkably well with it. That will be another last! I've been attending the musicals and plays of all three of my children for many years as well. They are all theater kids!

Sorry you guys... you will be hearing about all the lasts as I go through them. Right now I don't feel overly sad about it, but I also feel like marking them, you know?

I need to make myself get on Nextdoor and post my business up there. This is the area in which I struggle the most. I have such a hard time with marketing myself. I am happy to do the work (thrilled, actually) but I struggle with seeking it. Still, I can't have a successful business if I don't make it known. So I really, really need to just bite the bullet and do it.

Sunny today, high of 56. Beautiful!

PS- in the event of confusion and for clarity: DH's parents were here Thursday-Saturday. On Friday the movers took all their stuff to the new house that they will be sharing with BIL, SIL and their 2 kids. Saturday we worked to get them unpacked so they would not be walking into chaos. BIL and SIL were beyond stressed and freaking out. So now the ILs are in the new house with BIL and SIL. Easier for the rest of us but of course, now they are starting to realize the new reality. I don't mean that in a mean way AT ALL, just factually. I think they were having difficulty thinking beyond their excitement of having a single family house for the first time etc, to the reality of what it would mean to live with two older people with health needs.

I guess we will see/hear how things are going on Thanksgiving.

Okay, off to start the day!
  #2827   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 09:43

BF:

Good Morning all!
It's Monday and I am here sipping coffee after sleeping in. My Bella sleeps until I get up so I am lucky in that way! My mom's dog gets her up early like Lori's kitty! I would not do well with that! HAHA

Lori- so the guys are on there way home?
Goodness what did you take for "gut health"? It sounds painful and ........... I certainly hope you get that resolved! I feel for ya!!! Have you ever just tried something like benafiber or something like it? Goodness.........
Your Betty sounds like a real hoot! - Good for her! See we are always learning something new from each other!

NIC- Girrrrllllllllll - I heard MESSY loud and clear! Anything we can do? You know where we are! HERE FOR YOU.......
How was your movie? I just love Tom Hanks! I truly think he is the best actor in Hollywood. There is not a role he couldn't do. Except maybe a bad guy/ gangster- I would laugh at that. It wouldn't fit.
Anyway- I hope the messy is short lived and gets worked out in the best possible way!

Blue- GOOD LUCK on your big day with your BC and project. Is this a new project they are giving you?
Glad you had a cozy day with the hubby. I am going to look up that series. I have Prime too.
Too funny your hubby thinks he is the Crack Slaw man! HAHAHA- You use Coconut Aminos and sesame oil? I do it just gives it a great flavor! Then I top mine with red pepper flakes. YUMMMMM- funny, I have all the making to make it tonight as well. I don't drain my meat- I use it to coat the cabbage. I do however use sirloin, so not much fat.

Trig- - you have got this. I would say to you after 17 down, if it isn't broken don't "fix" it. You will drop again. Your body is just taking a pause. I remember WAY WAY LONG ago (hahahah) when I dropped all my weight- my body did that too! It would drop and drop and drop and then pause........... like it needed to catch up. I see that for you too!
You will be so ready for those shorts and flip flops! - Keep on! I wouldn't change up a thing. You are doing MORE than well!!!!!!

Funny on cleaning the bathroom. Your kiddo doesn't clean her own bathroom? Oh honey, I gave cleaning supplies to my kids when they had their own bathroom. No way was I cleaning up after a teenage boy! URGGGGGHHHHHH GROSS! Thing is my DD was messier- HAHAHAHAHAH. Thankfully they grew out of that. One year we put up crime Sean police tape in front of her bedroom door as a joke it was so messy. We still laugh over that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
So........ Yes BLUE you are correct....... I feel the tension slowly draining out and the world of possibilities pouring in, with that comes some excitement.
I do feel like a kid again with the world as my oyster, asking the question. What do I want to "be" when I grow up. I know it seems weird coming from a nurse of 20 years. But I get to reinvent myself yet again. There is something exciting about it.

My chapter is just beginning again. I have so many idea's I am kicking around. I like the idea of the Travel Nursing, it "buys" me some time to think about more options. It's a nice pause as well, plus the $$ is pretty sweet. I have a zillion things I would like to do- all at once!
Health coach, public speaker, writer, nurse, traveler, blogger, self employed, tons of ideas. The cool thing is I have gotten the opportunity to have the gift of time to decompress.

I am happy in retro spect I didn't have to go right off the rip to NM. I absolutely would have gone. But it would have been such a rush. So it was a blessing that fell through.

I am hitting up TJ today because it never happened yesterday.
Put my pot roast in and it is starting to smell amazing- it will be ready in about 4 hours. My prime eating time is between 3-4. I like my OMAD.
The last couple days I haven't stuck to it. I have had a extra meal tossed in. I had the hungry's. So I ate. -

Today Is going to just be pot roast period. Tomorrow. Today is no veggies- all carnivore. I like that. Sorta of cleansing in a way. I am not 100% like Trig- but I will say the less veggies I eat, the less I really want it.

Ok all have a great day!
  #2828   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 09:56

BF:

Cross posted with NIC- Glad to hear things are settling down. Also happy you will have some "down/relax time!!!!!!

Beautiful here too! Bright blue with sunshine and 60's - I plan to hit up an outdoor shopping area. They have really decorated it all pretty. It is an upscale shopping area. There is a TJ- there. So I will get what I need there and then take a walk and window shop. Get some fresh air!

Glad your checking in- and back!

FOOT update:- they look "dry" - I am not supposed to put lotion on them. they will continue to dry out before I shed my skin like a snake! HAHAHAHAH- I know gross
  #2829   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-19, 10:26

BF:

I snapped a couple pics at Betty's house this morning....emailed them your way.
  #2830   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 05:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco. I get you on the marketing of yourself. With the farm we had to seek all kinds of revenues to get known. I never liked it one bit. Sign up on agricultural sites, make sure you get onto the committee on the farmer markets cause competition at those places is absolutely ferocious and more. It isn't the 'fun' part of what you like to do either. I so get that.

Lasts. Wow. I didn't think of things like that til you wrote that out.

I got fingers crossed for your BIL and SIL. The reality of it is huge. It is always great in chatting, the minute it comes into a reality of this arrangement it will set well or horrifying for them. Only a bit of time will see if it all falls into comfortable zone for all. Very tough situation they took on.

A belly band. never heard of it and off to research it I go thanks

Cool on your DS. West Side is a classic for sure. I know you will enjoy it when it plays and he will be great

Jaz, kiddo cleans every now and then. I don't make her do too much but she knows how to do it all. I grew up with a mom that required nothing out of us and I know I did ok in that department of knowing responsibility and all so I now do the kind of way I grew up. I kid my kid a ton of breaks cause she is a kid. Be a kid. There is tons of time for work and cleaning LOL Eh, just what I do but yea she can clean and do other things but I also wanted that 'good clean' that I do cause with mom coming and all I just tackled it myself.

Your roast sounds great....ahhh, that smell. wonderful while cookig.

Hey be sure to eat if truly hungry. Don't skimp or deny. eating zero carb means you can eat when ya need to and don't want to not give what the body wants....so that is cool

And it is good you didn't have to hit NM so fast. You are needing changes and they will happen but that was so fast it was wild. Too fast almost LOL but good changes are coming your way. with the holidays on us things slow down but your options will ramp up very soon.

Lori the pics we so great. Just stunning. I am such a fan of all that older beautiful craftsmanship and elegance of it all on those finer older homes I appreciate you taking the time to share that!!

hey all
love the carpet cleaner. Just spot cleaned a few places and then it some traffic areas by the entry ways etc......oh it makes the house smell so darn good. vacuumed the world. needed it also LOL

house very orderly. like it that way. while cleaning I also decluttered a few things again and I love the house is so sparse. still too crammed up for me LOL but things are less and less and I so enjoy ditching crap.

Had hubby move his big recliner and when he did he hit the corner curio of my horses. He missed my $600 statue and broke only the $300 one. Yea yea I know every buck I paid for every statue. My horse collection was my thing back in the day and I wish I had my money back on them cause now they just get in the way and I have to dust them HA.....boy you shoulda seen his eyeballs get so big....he looked at me when the crunch crunch snap sound came and I froze.....thinking which one did he murder? I was gonna go off a bit then I thought. Who cares. I swear on carnivore eating I can't get ramped up like before. I chill thru things so much better eh, it is what it is. He best tho stay the heck away from all my others! I can only be chill for so long ya know

doing well on plan. feel great. all the ducks in a row.

getting mom later today cause we are doing Tday tomorrow so he can leave Thurs for hunt.

Have to hit grocery on the way back from moms for a few things. I have nothing defrosted...gotta find me some meat to eat.

all good here.....just cruising along....great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Nov-26-19 at 05:17.
  #2831   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 09:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Home from Yoga, showered and the washer is spinning. DH got home yesterday around 5PM. He slept like a log and never heard me get up at 4 this morning. He went to his part-time job for a couple hours and now is just messing around outside. It's a beautiful, sunny day.

My Yoga class has changed and I am SO disappointed. I was just getting back in the groove and now our instructor is most likely gone and they are substituting a much lower key yoga class. I don't like it, but I will try to give it a chance. The girl who teaches it is very sweet, but has a strong Eastern European accent and is hard to understand. It's hard enough doing a new routine, but when you can't understand what she's saying, it gets frustrating. I'll go a few times at least to see if I can get in the groove. I guess our old instructor had issues with the new management since the gym has merged with the YMCA. I think they cut her pay/hours and it just doesn't make sense for her to drive from her home a half hour away when they've cut her $$. Can't blame her. I'm hopeful that there will be other new classes once the merger is complete early next year. I know there will be growing pains, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Trig....sorry about your broken statue. Like you, I'm trying to not get upset about "stuff". In the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal though you can't help but think about the $$. I bet your DH thought he was dead meat!

Washer is chiming...gotta run. I'll check in later.
  #2832   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 10:57

BF:

Hi all. Happy Tuesday of a holiday week!

Lori, those pictures were just gorgeous. So glad you shared them. I adore old houses!

Sorry to hear your yoga class isn't going as you hoped. That is disappointing. Hopefully you will settle in with her and good rhythm will be established.

Trig, I need to get my carpet cleaner out too. FIL spilled a coke all over the carpet of DS17's room. I haven't even been in there to see the damage. I am in denial!

Sorry about your horse figurine being broken. You handled it well!

Jaz- I am glad you are able to look ahead and see a future rife with possibilities! I am eager to see where your future takes you next! It's anyone's guess!

••••••••••

My azz was kicked yesterday. This was unexpected! I thought it was going to be an easy day. Got my shopping done and came home to start my two recipes for the Teacher Appreciation meal. They took much longer than I thought (two dishes, each doubled) and I finished with about ten minutes before I had to head over to the school. I was supposed to help set up. Well, this poor woman, who has the foresight of a flea, had only the two of us there. When I realized what she had done, I knew I had to stay. There was no way she could do it all herself. So I ended up being there from 3-6:15. We moved and set up tables, set up chairs, set up food, oversaw the dinner, put away tables and chairs, cleaned up food etc. It was a LOT of work. OTOH I easily got my 10K steps in plus some weight lifting!

Came home, rested a bit and then DH and I had the great pleasure of watching the Ravens cream the Rams. I tell you, if you haven't heard about Lamar Jackson, go look him up. He is in the running against Russell Wilson to be the MVP this year. The kid is only like 22 years old. His spirit and willingness to learn and work hard, and his positivity, well.. we Baltimoreans are so proud of him. What a guy!

Resting up a bit today. I did buy the kids' annual ornaments. I might wander into downtown EC to do a bit to stocking shopping since it is such a beautiful day. Maybe not though. I'm not really feeling it. Then I work from 4-8, but at the slower desk.

I did get my business listing posted on Nextdoor today. Bit the bullet and did it. Hopefully I will get a nibble or two.

Have a great day!
  #2833   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 11:14

BF:

Good Morning- it IS still morning for another hour!

TRIG- if you are feeling so inclined to clean I will leave the key under the mat and you can vacuum to your hearts content here!
I find it is my least favorite thing to do house cleaning wise- but I love it when it is done!

Urghhhhhh- on the broken horse! Anyway to glue it back? I hear ya on just letting it go. I remember to this day a situation where I had these antique perfume bottles I got from my grandmother. They were special. I put them in a shadow box and hung them. BIG mistake! The first time the door slammed- it shook the wall and they shattered.
In that second I could have gone postal- or just let it go, they were gone. I am glad I didn't go postal.It was partly my fault for putting them there anyway. But I get the sentiment over something that is irreplaceable.

Have a great day tomorrow. Is your mom coming in today?

I get the kid being a kid- That is awesome. Kids grow up too fast anyway!

Lori- I love love love those pic's! I didn't comment- but I sure enjoyed them. What a cool restored place. I bet it is truly like stepping into another time and place! I LOVE IT!
I hope the family keeps the house in the family!

NIC- - so glad you gave the thumbs up on the movie! It's on my list to see!
I get ya on loving what you do, yet not wanting to market yourself. Maybe BLUE can give you some tips! I like the idea of free advertising. Maybe a Facebook page, or use the Next-door app. Also you could maybe get some flyers and hand to OB doctors. Just some ideas - I am all about free.

Goodness- I am glad you get some rest time. What a whirlwind you had almost the minute you get home!
I am hoping the situation works out for your Hubby's parents and everybody can benefit. But I will tell ya living with an aging parent is tough.
Hugs and more hugs!

Blue- You know your story about people in Asia putting their feet in a spa 'bath" to have fish eat the dead skin off ALMOST made me want to hurl! But then again if you told the Asians that we put our feet in a "bath of acid"- they would find that barbaric!!!!! It even sounds bad when I type it out like that! HAHAHAH
Goodness!!!!!!-
------------------------------------------------------
So yesterday I splurged on myself. I really did. I stopped at Ulta on my way to Trader Joe. My face is breaking out with the make up I have been using. So of course they had the girls running around and demoing products. I explained my issues and that I have extremely sensitive skin and age spots and rosaea as well.

Well she ask me to take off my make up I had on and she wanted me to try a line called Tarte. It is for faces like mine. So she put it on and I had a flawless face I am telling you!!!
Even some customers walking by had to stop and watch. When she was done I swear it took 10 years off. Do you know that people started buying exactly what she was doing to me. Well you know I just HAD TO HAVE IT.

It feels amazing on- and looks amazing on! I bought the foundation, powder, and a setting spray. I couldn't afford more....... YET! Then she put a coral lipstick on me I have to go back and get. Yeah- I splurged. But you know- I am happy I did.

Would you believe I STILL have not cooked that pot roast!!! Thank goodness it is vacuumed sealed. I need to do something with it or it will be wasted. I am thinking I just need to get the pressure cooker out at this point cook and freeze it, in portion bags.

I have a chicken breast I made in my air fryer last night ready for today. I will just heat and eat.

Errands today........ Calls to make........ emails to answer.... and my case to prep for. BUSY few days!

Have a good one all- beautiful day here, feels like SPRING!
  #2834   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 18:09

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---Once when son was about 5 he knocked over this gorgeous pottery piece that I adored. And I'm sad to say I lost it. I can still see his little miserable face and it still haunts my memories. One of those motherhood moments you'd take back if you could. No thing is that valuable. Accidents happen. You did good.

I need to do some rug spot cleaning too. Have been using Resolve Rug cleaner and it works very well and really gets up stains. But it smells so chemical, I hate it. What do use that smells so good?

Nic---You're a very good sport. I'm sure about the last thing you wanted to do after making two dishes was stay 3 hours and see the whole shebang thru. "Hahaha" the foresight of a flea."

I'm looking into that therapist book you mentioned, kind of yanked my chain a bit w/that one. Reading Anne Patchett's "The Dutch House" right now. Haven't read her in forever. It's a nice cozy book.

Are you having Thanksgiving at your house? If so, who all is coming?

Lori---I know the feeling when you lose an instructor you loved. Back in the day I belonged to a work out club and had some really fab instructors. Seems eventually they all moved on and I was always so bummed to walk in and find some stranger at the head of the Gym. Sometimes they were good in their own ways, sometimes not, but you just had to live w/it because the times I could go were pretty fixed w/working full time at the time. Are there any other Yoga classes w/in a reasonable distance from you to try?

Jaz---Yeah, I actually saw a video of these little fishies doing their work. They're tiny and it's actually a lot less gross to watch it than to imagine it. They sure took their work seriously, LOL, the "after" on these people's feet was a-freaking amazing. I dunno---get a pedicure and feed the fishies, two birds w/one stone. Hahahahahaha.

Your new make up sounds fab. I haven't done the "make over" in store forever but it is interesting to see how they approach the job, ha. Sometimes I think just watching HOW they do it is as good as the product. Yeah, I know money is tight, but agree you should go back and get that lipstick. I love my lipsticks. I have several colors I like depending on my mood, but I think lipstick really perks up a face fast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just back from the fancy grocery store, picking up some things for tomorrow and Thanxgiving. Although Trader Joe's is just kitty cornered down and across the street from us it was SO PACKED in that parking lot. There were cars lined up way down the street to get in. So off I went to my other fave grocery store, that's right behind our old house.

It's an amazing grocery store (and also one of my clients) and I love being there on pre holiday days. Parked easily and it was so festive and fun. Their to go foods are the best, you could eat like royalty and never cook a thing shopping there, but of course, cha Ching.

Anyway, brought back a lot of memories of being their w/son as he grew up. We could walk over there in 5 minutes. All the cashiers knew him, and he particularly loved going there w/me during the holiday rush. It was like a party to him, and yeah, he saw it as an opportunity to suggest all kinds of treats. Miss this days sometimes.

But, got everything we need for the next two days, including Thanksgiving. They are forecasting a huge snow storm here tonight. So we are well stocked to be cozy and home these next few days.

Woe will be what it will be till we get past Thanxgiving.
  #2835   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 18:46

BF:

Just started the man in the high castle- Prime-
thanks Blue
Closed Thread