Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/145/140
BF:
Progress: 87%
Question Dinner options...for the Fish House?

I will be going to the Fish House this coming weekend with some family/friends. Do I need to "warn" the chef in advance of my coming?

As noted in previous posts I am VERY sensitive to most carbohydrates (I have reactive hypoglycemia). My sister in law is determined that we go somewhere where I can actually eat, so I suggested the Fish House. (She's used to me sitting there, while everyone else eats, when we go out.)

I think I've asked this before, but being so sensitive to most carbs, I don't even get grilled fish, because of the chance of remnants of sauce or marinade being on the grill, from previous dishes. How should I recommend having my fish (Salmon)prepared? I am able to consume butter, but not lemon (unfortunately).

So as asked above, I wasn't sure if I needed to inform the staff in advance of my coming.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

If you're THAT sensitive, I recommend emailing the Fish House via the link given in the LC Dinner conversation in this very Forum. There's a link to the Fish House page in that very thread (here it is, just clik) and I'm positive there's an email address in there somewhere.

They'll be very interested to know of your Very Low Carb requirement and will discuss it with the cook staff on shift for your mealtime, I'm positive of that. Karen herself, the Executive Chef, will probably contact you, maybe even by Private Message, right here
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 23:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/145/140
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Thank you :)

Thank you for the suggestion, I just e-mailed them. It's somewhat embarrassing to be such a "pain", so that's why I NEVER eat out, but I figured it may be less of a hassle, considering the staff at the Fish House, seems to be familiar with the low carb lifestyle.

Thanks again!