Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 12:35
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/108/97 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking 2 TWO Digit Club

Hi guys! I'm kinda newbie here, not to the the board though, just to this forum...i didn't knew there was a LC forum for Students and Teens. If i had only scrolled down ... I would have found out about it long ago, dumb me. For the past month i've been visiting the other board for "Newbies' Questions" in the Introduction forums. I have learned tons of things there and met just as many people but i have not lost a SINGLE POUND! My thing here is that i am not trying to lose that much weight, just my last 15 pounds. I was also not following ATKINS properly cos first, i was having way too much proteins and very little fats. I avoided veggies and all CARBS cos i thought that would make me lose weight even faster. Then i made the mistake of drinking too little water, i though 34oz was good enough but i found out later that i was way way under the minimum (64oz)...even dumber i know I was also not eating enough healthy fats, i thought mayo and mustard was all i needed but i couldn't have been more wrong And to top it all off i was trying the ATKINS diet even when i was barely in the beginning chapters of the book. Ok i know, i was a total mess to begin with but now all that has changed cos i have gotten a bit smarter meaning i have a better understanding of this diet. This WOE is great and the forums even better! If i hadn't found out about this site i know that i would have probably kept doin the same mistakes and thinking like a dummy where was it that i was doin wrong. Now i'm hoping to use all the info that i have learned to help myself and finally lose those last 15 pounds. I have seen that there's a "THREE DIGIT CLUB" for people who need to lose a lot of weight and it made me wonder... wouldn't it be cool if there was a "TWO DIGIT BOARD" for people trying to lose there last pounds. I know that the process and way of losing those last pounds is very diff from the ones trying to lose more. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so drop me a line here, all feedback is always welcome.

Cheers
Sponsored Links