Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS ALL THE WAY
Stats: 240/155/155 Male 5ft 8inches
BF:
Progress:
Default This Is An Outrage May Sue For False Information!

OMG Today after i was one of the people whom at a young age almost had heart disease and thank god to the Atkins diet it reversed it. I got an arery scan before I did the atkins it was 55 percent clogged i was scared Once i did atkins then I started having butter everyday with eggs and tons of fat and calories my arties becaame un cloged and after a year or so my arties became clean. it came back clean. Then I typed atkins on google jsut for fun and I came up with this loser website www.AtkinsDietAlert.org Iclicked it and I read it. They were saying how atkins causes heart disease and stuff like that. What did I do u may ask? I immedianly contacted them threating them to change stuff on their website or I will file a complaint for misleading information. I yelled at them that they have no evidence and they should look at the study harvard did. That showed women having the least amount of carbs and the highest intake of saturaed fat had ver clean arites while the women with the highest amount of carbs and least amount of saturated fat had cloged arties. Also I contaced atkins they are gogin to conatct them to and tell them that they ar egiving false information and they are going to discuss it with the whole atkins team or sometihng like that. I just felt so upset about what loser would ever run a site saying something is bad without scientific evidence. Ohh god i fell like calling my lawyer and suing their A#* off.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 19:28

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

This site has been discussed before. Atkinsdietalert is run by PCRM which is heavily funded by PETA. Logic and scientific arguments will not sway them as they are against eating animals (or keeping them for pets).
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 20:49
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS ALL THE WAY
Stats: 240/155/155 Male 5ft 8inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
This site has been discussed before. Atkinsdietalert is run by PCRM which is heavily funded by PETA. Logic and scientific arguments will not sway them as they are against eating animals (or keeping them for pets).
I hate when people lie about stuff it really get me mad especially this loser Jody Gorran who they put up and said that he suffered heart disease. Well maybe he should be eating bread, and cheeze cake every day thats certanily not on the atkins. Hello where has he been and pastrimi is cerntanly not atkins cause i called the atkins center and they told me atkins does not recomened eating pastrimi, sasugaes, bacon ect everyday only eat those in small quanties or they recomeend get ridd of them for good becuase they have trans fat and nitrates. Please half the poeple i know dont follow the atkins diet correclty. There is only a few of us who do follow his diet correctly. His diet is a comitmend to lving a long healthy life. I have revered heart disease on the diet and im sure there are out there too including my old bio-chemisrty teacher Mr.Walter. MAny people say the atkins is so hard if it is why am i eating strawberry icecream with whipped cream and fried chicken. Yea its so hard right even though my ldl is high most of it is lipoportein a wich is benefical to ur health. And that place was saying ooh no its bad for u and im like show me the studies and they were trying to change to qa differnt subject. Please that whole website IS A HOAX U HEAR ME GUYS WHO EVER RUNS THAT STUPID WEBSITE. Yea the dean ornish diet is so good that my grandfather had a heart attack on that diet and almost died. The reason well duch because he had absoletly no protein and not enough for him to fell okay. He fell down and had to go to the hospital thanks to stupid dean ornish. He lost over 85 percent of his muscle mass and he and an ldl of 30 but and hdl before the diet was 80 and when he went on dean ornish it went down to the 20ies and thats when my grandfather got chest pains and had a heart attack. Thanks dean orinsh for u hoax diet. Also how come my grnadfather had 45 percent clogged arties fro doing ur diet for over 6 years uhhh. Yes i do admit when he first started ur diet it addmielty cleaned his artiers but after that it became clooged then after that I immediantly put him on the atkins and so far for 2 years he has beeen clean. Sorry dean ornish but ur diet is dangerous and same with the stupid website atkinsdietalert.org Please all they want is money so they can recomend these dangerous low fat diets to their partiens and then the patients come back to the doctor saying he i followed a low fat diet now my arties are clogged what should i do the doctor will say ohh i guess its time to have ur arties cleaned ca-ching mola for the doctor. I guess thats why the government is so agianst the atkins becuase they know it cures heart disease they just dont want people to find out. but I promise u before I die I will let the whole world now the atkins cures heart diesase as it did for me
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 19:23
Registered Member

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 243/231/175 Female 5 foot 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Their guide to healthy eating link takes you to a Vegan site. Rediculous
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 05:28
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

The lawsuits about the health advice from the "health experts" for the last 20 years will make the tobacco lawsuits look like chump change.

The US government will have to pass a law exempting all health care workers -- otherwise they will all go bankrupt.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:13
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Our state legislature was mulling over a bill to ban lawsuits against fast-food restaurants for "making" people fat. I'm not sure of it's status currently, but they were talking about throwing it out as "unnecessary".

i wonder if they'd consider the same if it was suing the GOVERNMENT for faulty info?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:21
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

I know almost zero about legal issues -- but it is my understanding that it is almost impossible to sue the government -- even in this case where they have been grossly negligent and killed millions of people.

But the American medical Association, Heart & Diabetes foundations, your local doctors and hospitals, etc. -- I guess would all be fair game?

Regarding the fast food industry -- I actually feel sorry for them. You have all kinds of people beating them up over the fact that their food contains fat! And then people like me beating them up because their food contains carbohydrates. They can't win!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:30
Fully Caffeinated

They'll always win... as long as there are people who don't CARE what's in the food.

Being able to make a healthier choice if you NEED to grab something quick is nice, but anyone who goes through the doors of a fast-food place and expects health food is sadly out of touch.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:48
Registered Member

Plan: Angry Paleo
Stats: 375/205/180 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
Our state legislature was mulling over a bill to ban lawsuits against fast-food restaurants for "making" people fat. I'm not sure of it's status currently, but they were talking about throwing it out as "unnecessary".

North Dakota House Bill 1241 was introduced this year and was set for a hearing in the Judiciary Committee on January 17. The website does not say if that hearing took place, or what action was taken. http://www.state.nd.us/lr/assembly/...ons/ba1241.html The good part of the bill:

" ... a producer, manufacturer, packer, distributor, carrier, holder, seller, marketer, trade association, or advertiser of a food ... may not be subject to civil liability arising under any state statute, rule, public policy, court or administrative decision, municipal ordinance, or other action having the effect of law, for any claim arising out of weight gain, obesity, a health condition associated with weight gain or obesity, or other generally known condition allegedly caused by or allegedly likely to result from long-term consumption of food."
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:54
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

http://www.ncahf.org/articles/o-r/pcrm.html

http://www.activistcash.com/organiz...view.cfm/oid/23

A couple of interesting links.. the first one deals with Health Fraud, and the second one has some interesting quotes from the AMA about PCRM decrying them for manipulating the public.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:30
Fully Caffeinated

Thanks, Caveman. The debate reported on our local news was centered on the fact no such lawsuits have been filed in ND (yet) so making the changes is seen as a waste of time in itself.
It seems to cover some areas that might hit a nerve with those trying to ban transfats as well...