Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:42

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%

I just noticed...my hair looks green in my picture....dang chlorine! (just kidding!) (*sniff...unfortunately...everyone who knows me...knows I am a "true" blonde)

Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:19

Hey everyone...I got this email the other day...and I just read it. It has a link to a webpage that has recipes...I thought I'd share.

http://www.ediets.com/news/article....8057&code=24045
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/198/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachdream
(I won't tell Sam that I bleed Carolina Blue), but I like Duke too. (I have to pull for SOMEONE'S basketball team...since Carolina is doing so awful) But heck...I like everybody...pretty much.

Good gravy, not another fair weather tar heel fan. <sheesh>

That likes Duke to boot! Now that beats all I ever heard.

I drop by Wake probably once a year or so. My last visit was May when I was in town for the North Carolina Home Educators conference. In fact, that was my last week before I started doing Atkins, so I enjoyed everthing that was gastronomically naughty at The Village Tavern and Twin Cities Chophouse. Mmmm.... Oh yeah, and the french toast from The Kopper Kettle. Mmmm....

OK, enough of that. I'm 35lbs lighter since then and loving it. My wife is not doing Atkins with me. She's more of the low-fat and exercise kind and does well at it when she puts her mind to it.

Sam
PS A Duke lovin' Carolina fan. Don't that beat all?

Last edited by smchan : Sun, Aug-10-03 at 20:26.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:25

Stats: 253/198/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 71%

BTW, your hair looks fine. In fact, I was kinda diggin' it because it's so long.

Sam
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:47

OMG...DID YOU SAY VILLAGE TAVERN AND TWIN CITY CHOP HOUSE??? OK OK...I know this is a diet website...so I will try to control myself...BUT...I wonder how many carbs are in the crab dip??? (without the toast) *fainting!
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:57

BTW Sam....I had my last supper(s) today also...I won't even go into detail.

Let me just say...if I was in Florida, laying on the beach, they would call SeaWorld thinking Shamu had escaped and was beached. Good thing I don't have a black and white bathing suit...wait..er, I do. *throwing away bathing suit

#67   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 06:24

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Good morning everyone,

You've all got me laughing as I catch up on the posts. I did feel a bit of an outsider since I'm only a NC transplant and not into sports, but it was fun to read your conversations about it.

I've been very busy and have been on this board in a limited fashion.

Have been reading the thread about high carb days/meals. Sounded so good that I went "HOG" wild for 24 hours last Wed PM to Thu PM. Scale jumped 7 pounds and I'm still not back to where I started. Weighed in at 236.5 this AM - bummer.

I will be involved in weekly luncheon meetings. I'm really nervous about how to handled it. It's a prayer group with local pastors and ministry leaders at a ministry where the focus is feeding the poor. I'm thinking it's going to be all high carb. My only thought at this point is to eat on my way, then abstain or eat whatever might be legal. I'm new to the group and sure don't want to start on the wrong foot, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either!! Any ideas....

Hey beach.. Your pic is great. You and you DD really could pass for sisters from what I can see.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 07:33

Hi Randi...

Regarding the luncheon...in my opinion...it's not what you do once in a while...it's what you do the majority of the time. And I don't blame you...I wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot either...so I would just go with the flow. (In my momma's words...eat what's put before you and ask no questions) (lol) I would eat lunch in moderation and then just REALLY (meant to sound like Dr Evil from Austin Powers) watch what you eat the rest of the time. The way I look at it...5 meals didn't make me overweight...so 5 meals won't keep me over weight.

(ok ok...I am the ETERNAL optimist...but HEY! Some one has to be!)

BTW...thanks for the comment on my pic. It was taken about 2 weeks ago...one of the afternoons when it wasn't raining BELIEVE IT OR NOT! I will pass your comment to my daughter about us looking like sisters...(gosh I love it) (but my goodness how she must hate it!!!)

Take care...and keep us posted.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 18:40
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Hey beachdream! I do not do any weights. I walk for exercise at this point. I will join a gym after I've lost about 50 pounds. I don't feel like stepping into a gym at any higher weight than that LOL!
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 19:46

Hey Kristy...

I don't blame you about the gym thingy. Whenever I have joined a gym, they seem to be pick up spots...or a place that I just didn't seem to fit in. I am walking too, about 2 miles a day...somedays more, somedays less.

I had planned to start my diet today...but around lunch time..I caved in. But I will do it tomorrow.

I need to focus....*-*

I guess I need to set mini-goals like you, or do a journal like sam....or DO SOMETHING!!

take care!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 05:52

BF:

Hi guys,

Well I'm still sticking at 236#. It's really frustrating since it's up 2# from close to one week ago. I've decided I will not cheat (if at all possible) today or Saturday.

I'm starting to think that I may be having too much splenda in a day. This can can stalls in me. I've been enjoying the cinnamon/sweetened pork rinds. Between 3 and 5 packets go into making that, plus I usually have one diet soda per day. So, I'm cutting out the diet soda!!....just kidding. I will stop using the sweetener on a regular basis and at such high quantities. I've noticed it does make my stomach hurt, too.

Hopefully I will have good things to report soon.
You guys have wonderful day.

Please say a little prayer for me aa I head off to meetings with ministry leaders today. Thanks for your support.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 06:03

Randi...

How are you doing with your water? Are you drinking at least 8 glasses a day. I have found that drinking water helps a lot. The way I look at it is...your body is burning all this fat, and you need to "flush" it out of your system...and of course, water is the best way to do that.

Good Luck!
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 13:42
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Good luck, Randi! I hope your group meeting goes well.
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 14:47

Hey...
Ya'll want to know what I just realized??? I have been with my husband for 17 years....and even though he might have had an idea of how much I weighed before I started my diet (which he cherished his life, so he NEVER mentioned it)...you guys know my WEIGHT!!!

Luckily...he doesn't know my stage..., er, screen name...so he will NEVER know!! (tee hee) (Well, that is, unless he happens to stumble upon this thead and see my stats)

No worries though...he has to figure out how to turn the computer on FIRST. (Poor fella...he should have been Amish...he says we are crazy to trust these machines)

Last edited by beachdream : Tue, Aug-12-03 at 17:21.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 17:08

BF:

HI y'all (did that sound southern or midwestern?)
I'm living in N.C., but I'm set on keeping my midwestern accent - you betcha, by golly!!

Today went very well, the food thing turned out not to be an issue thanks to arriving late!! And I received a lot of valuable information. I still don't have all the answers, but I have more than I did before my meetings - so I'm heading in the right direction.

Yes, beachdream, I drink ample water. I love water and carry my big 42 oz "cup" with me all day. I also drink 1-3 cups of coffee in the AM, and usually 1 diet soda per day.

I really think my hangup is the Splenda. So tonight I'm going to make Mock Danish for my snack. That uses just 1 pkt. I'll try to get away from even that, but I'm still pretty hooked on "my sweets."

Beachdream it's great to have you here. You have such a fun way of expressing yourself. You are, I think, what my x-mother-in-law used to call "a pistol." I'm sure you spice up things everywhere you go!! '-)

Kristy: I was informed about a soup kitchen in Newton called The Corner Table. Have you heard of it?? Didn't you say you were involved with something out there?